The Chateau Diaries #161 Proceed with caution, Demented Diabolical Damsel of Disaster ahead!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Truly disgusting waste of money for their own vanity. That insidious Phyllis continues to annoy with his serpent like demeanor, playing decoration with a unsealed illustration of the grand salon with printouts. What idiots these two are?!
They’re both so dumb - the chateau never had any significant interiors because the building just wasn’t important enough. If there were they simply would have remained in some shape or form if there were something of significance - just a fact. Look at that crumbling fireplace beneath the terrace - which they want to reuse, but still haven’t sent out for restoration, why? - even that has survived albeit severely damaged.
Then there is this purchase of the secrétaire. Stephanie claims to have saved up for a while, but not for a specific item from the sale, instead just to own anything from Hubert de Givenchy. It smacks of desperation, yet again, exhibiting behaviour that’s suggests she’s all about kudos points and bragging rights. It’s no different from walking around in a hoody with Balenciaga printed on the front. She’s a label bleep, believing it gives her cultural capital… the ridiculous thing is that she claims that the secrétaire may well not even end up in the room because the wood is too dark. Great!
Meanwhile, the HMN, still has electrical issues (with Clara suggesting it doesn’t meet fire safety regulations; the ongoing heating saga; the terrace stairs remain a death trap; the chapel restorer is still unpaid and the building remains in ruins; the lake isn’t restored; the windows remain rotten; the “natural swimming pool” remains drained without permits; the façade still a flight of fancy; apartments still unfinished; pergola unfinished; upstairs bathroom unfinished; boudoir unfinished; etc… it’s just unbelievable that SJ would even consider buying furniture at this stage. She’s following the C4 format with a grand reveal of a room so she can present before and after, all the while, the rest of the building structure is compromised. It’s just all vanity and ego mania. I cannot believe I gave her money, I just can’t believe it happened. It’s oh so clear to me now that she is a confidence trickster to the core.
Did Audrey Hepburn open this secretaire? This is your criterion for spending €6K allegedly of your own income, while facing a €300K heating infrastructure bill?
This reminds me of the real saga of what was alleged to have been Napolean's penis. A crazed collector (one of a series) owned and displayed it. Or the crown of thorns Louis IX bought and installed in Sainte Chapelle to make the point that he was God's king.
Her nattering on about stuff having actually been in Givenchy's bedroom....like that horrible woman Sarah at Chateau de Brives getting a lady hard on over acquiring some of Elton John's cast off curtains. Erghhhhh.
BTW, has she gotten lip filler?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Must be the height of narcissism to keep buying yourself gifts😍
Especially after opening hundreds of gifts on a youtube channel dedicated to watching you open gifts. Fanny is a bottomless pit of greed.
[/QUOTE]
She's a lot less enthusiastic when it comes to her giving gifts to others; just the occasional jar of Lalande honey.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I notice Fanny keeps calling the decorations on the panels for the large crumbling room "carvings". They may be carvings, and Fanny seems to have purchased them believing they are carvings, but they appear to be crumbling molded plaster to me, which, if so, must be a great let down for Fanny, as the repair for crumbling plaster decorations requires making a special mold for each crumbled area, or complete removal of the plaster decorations.
Carole at de La Ferte has been painstakingly restoring her grand salon moldings and paneling for a couple of months. She’s made molds, glued bits all back together, smoothed ceilings, sanded. Her husband gutted the floor, reinforced it, and will relay an antique floor. She’s a DiYer but has the skills of a pro and is a hell of a lot more satisfying to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Especially after opening hundreds of gifts on a youtube channel dedicated to watching you open gifts. Fanny is a bottomless pit of greed.
She's a lot less enthusiastic when it comes to her giving gifts to others; just the occasional jar of Lalande honey.
[/QUOTE]
Anyone is welcome to as much expired homemade chutney as they would like. Who said Fanny is not a giver……. of expired, broken or useless trash and food items. That’s so LieLande!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Who attends an auction thinking they have must buy something . . . anything? Answer: The same type of person who can't leave a brocante empty-handed.

Here is SJ's new secretaire. She is correct for once: the hammer price was EUR 5,000. However, with the 26% buyers premium the total comes to EUR 6,300 (which is what Christie's reports as the realized price). What SJ doesn't reveal to her patrons is that, with VAT, the final price is actually EUR 6,560 (which is 31.2% above the hammer price). Then there is the cost for delivery or collection, which can bring the total expenditure to well over EUR 7,000.

I'll leave it up to my fellow connoisseurs to determine if this was a fair price. Considering the replaced veneer and unattributed cabinetmaker, I think not. The estimate was fine; and with the added Givenchy association I think it should have only fetched EUR 3,000-4,000 tops.

Just another thoughtless, random, expensive object for the shittoo.

View attachment 1420803
If it has a 'name' attached, she wants it, anything shiny, she wants it.. if it's young, she wants it... none of it has to be attractive, heck it can be downright ugly, but she'll take it...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I only lasted 43 seconds; I can't stand Snorts constant 'weeing' it makes me want to slap him in the face with a wet hedgehog!!
And I was genuinely interested in the paneling as a subject, but he's so obnoxious and disgusting so I didn't continue. If only her Patrons had the same reaction to Snorts!!

Also, I've been incommunicado this past month, and have only just finished catchups on CD, CDIY, and Tattle. Just one comment to post, is LL and more particularly Fanny, the comic relief for CDIY now? In ep. 7 the other chateau owners renovated, restored and decorated house and grounds, while Fanny cooked tomatoes and rice, and we watched people sing happy birthday. Like, Snorts, this is taking the wee-wee of viewers!
Yes, it's my argument CDIY has determined she does no DIY, that her attempts are all fuckups and doomed, as corroborated by the number of shots of the stilettoes she's wearing to jack hammer a cup full of stone out of a doorway previously sawzalled by Ian. Who Ch 4 makes sure to record asking if the stilettoes are steel toed. She is their pants-falling-down clown, and scapegoat, ever since at least the draining of the natural pond. Some trace her juggalo role to the ETTC episode where Strawbridge smirks at one of her projects and her idiocy -- the pizza oven? Can't remember.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Here it is. I don’t recall her explaining anything about Daddy’s art, but boy oh boy she’s hopped up in this one. She was giddy talking about the piece of furniture she bought at the Givenchy sale, I don’t remember who called it, but you were absolutely correct. She even went to the preview in Paris. She’s a dirty little secret shopper. This video was completely disgusting. Enjoy.

No lots and lots of love from Lalande! to patrons... her mind was el$ewhere...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
According to Stephanie - Nick and Marie liked Stephanie’s taste in the main HMN so much they asked the charletain to decorate their cottage. Nothing done so far - the cottage bathroom was nearing completion at that point. In my mind if you inflate SJ’s ego with taste kudos points you get some serious deduction marks.
That's such a narcissist trait too... the more they think they've 'got' you, the more they discard... knowing you'll hang on for any morsel...

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Here it is. I don’t recall her explaining anything about Daddy’s art, but boy oh boy she’s hopped up in this one. She was giddy talking about the piece of furniture she bought at the Givenchy sale, I don’t remember who called it, but you were absolutely correct. She even went to the preview in Paris. She’s a dirty little secret shopper. This video was completely disgusting. Enjoy.

God I'd love to slap him, patronising prick. Give him a friggin clip board and now he's the be all and end all of interior design. I'd love to be Francois the fly on the wall as he walks about ticking off Armoire's progress. Arrrrgggggh🤬🤬🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I was thinking about that too. A very short window of opportunity was opened and Larkin and his parents have a chance to recoup some money and get rid of the life force sucking poor little orphan Fanny. Larkin and family would have their lives back and can move forward. I have no doubt the Fanny factor has put a lot of stressors on Larkin, his parents, and his marriage. Antoine was bored at the Dump so I doubt he would miss LieLande.
I’ll bet his mom and dad are the reason for the bag on his head and they have a lot of opinions about the orphan princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Which one of you is Catherine H??? Fanny is working hard to defend Snorty's design skills.... :sick:

Catherine H.
When is Anaury going to resume the work on the Grand Salon? A date please.

Kerry

I hope Amoury will be included in the decision's in relation to where the panelling would go as he will be the one installing the pieces & I’m assuming the knowledge pertaining to this work?
13h

Stephanie Jarvis
Amaury’s been consulted at every stage of the design, only he knows what’s possible with the carpentry, he’s a genius! Philip has an extraordinary sense of historical design and proportions, so he works on the historical interior architecture side, whilst I love the fabrics, colours and furniture. We all have input on all aspects, but that’s the general breakdown. It’s a very exciting team!

Catherine H.

Why isn’t Amaury, who is an experienced expert and who will be the one doing the work not involved with this discussion? Phillip has no experience or qualifications in building or design. This is Anaury’s project and yet Phillip is taking over?
12h

flibbertygibbette
I can see that your comment is coming from a place of care and concern. That being said, remember that all we are seeing is a few minutes of presenting all the work they've all been doing together. Amaury has been consulted thoroughly from the very beginning of the project, since he will be doing the carpentry work. They work as a team at Lalande, using all the resources they have, and that's been shown in all the previous videos on this project (and is evident in this one, too!). I'm happy for Philip, he's done so much in-depth research on chateau design and really thrown his whole self into it, and it's great to see that passion put to good use at Lalande.
12h

Catherine H.
My concern is that these are very expensive antique panels which were paid for by the Patrons and the only professional who understands the materials, structural challenges and the precise measurements needed to fit this puzzle together is not the one presenting the “Grand Plan” with the layout. I want to hear this from the expert who is doing the work, not someone who has no experience or qualifications in Interior Design or Carpentry. Phillip has a good eye for Interior “Decorating”, but he is not an Interior “Designer” which requires years of schooling, much like an Atchitect. Carpentry is a learned skill, which Amaury has acquired through year's of hard work and experience. HE is the expert in this Project, not Phillip. That is who I would like to see presenting the Grand Plan.
10h

Stephanie Jarvis
Amaury is definitely the only member of this team who could tell us how the panels are going to be installed, and the technical reasons behind that. It’s definitely a video I’ll be making once he’s back working in that room. Actually, as well as being a master craftsman, he’s a very good designer in his own right, with a strong eye, and we all bounce ideas off each other. But he comes to us for the historical interior design aspect of the project, and Philip’s eye for that is extraordinary. Amaury and I both turn to him when making decisions relating to the proportions of the final design (not just in this room, in every project we’ve worked on so far). That’s what I love about living at Lalande, we each bring different skills and together we’re much stronger!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Who attends an auction thinking they have must buy something . . . anything? Answer: The same type of person who can't leave a brocante empty-handed.

Here is SJ's new secretaire. She is correct for once: the hammer price was EUR 5,000. However, with the 26% buyers premium the total comes to EUR 6,300 (which is what Christie's reports as the realized price). What SJ doesn't reveal to her patrons is that, with VAT, the final price is actually EUR 6,560 (which is 31.2% above the hammer price). Then there is the cost for delivery or collection, which can bring the total expenditure to well over EUR 7,000.

I'll leave it up to my fellow connoisseurs to determine if this was a fair price. Considering the replaced veneer and unattributed cabinetmaker, I think not. The estimate was fine; and with the added Givenchy association I think it should have only fetched EUR 3,000-4,000 tops.

Just another thoughtless, random, expensive object for the shittoo.

View attachment 1420803
That she will place in the unheated, not climate controlled, damp Dump to slowly mold, crack, and rot away.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Apparently Mummy is not a fan of Snorty's design ideas (no surprise there).....

Mary Anne Medlock
I’m definitely with Team Stephanie on the decision whether or not to break thru the wall to reopen the doorway.
12h

Stephanie Jarvis
Thank you! I think we’re in the minority. But I reckon Mummy will weigh in on our side 😉

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Which one of you is Catherine H??? Fanny is working hard to defend Snorty's design skills.... :sick:

Catherine H.
Kerry
I hope Amoury will be included in the decision's in relation to where the panelling would go as he will be the one installing the pieces & I’m assuming the knowledge pertaining to this work?
13h

Stephanie Jarvis
Amaury’s been consulted at every stage of the design, only he knows what’s possible with the carpentry, he’s a genius! Philip has an extraordinary sense of historical design and proportions, so he works on the historical interior architecture side, whilst I love the fabrics, colours and furniture. We all have input on all aspects, but that’s the general breakdown. It’s a very exciting team!
Catherine H.
Why isn’t Amaury, who is an experienced expert and who will be the one doing the work not involved with this discussion? Phillip has no experience or qualifications in building or design. This is Anaury’s project and yet Phillip is taking over?
12h

flibbertygibbette
I can see that your comment is coming from a place of care and concern. That being said, remember that all we are seeing is a few minutes of presenting all the work they've all been doing together. Amaury has been consulted thoroughly from the very beginning of the project, since he will be doing the carpentry work. They work as a team at Lalande, using all the resources they have, and that's been shown in all the previous videos on this project (and is evident in this one, too!). I'm happy for Philip, he's done so much in-depth research on chateau design and really thrown his whole self into it, and it's great to see that passion put to good use at Lalande.
12h

Catherine H.
My concern is that these are very expensive antique panels which were paid for by the Patrons and the only professional who understands the materials, structural challenges and the precise measurements needed to fit this puzzle together is not the one presenting the “Grand Plan” with the layout. I want to hear this from the expert who is doing the work, not someone who has no experience or qualifications in Interior Design or Carpentry. Phillip has a good eye for Interior “Decorating”, but he is not an Interior “Designer” which requires years of schooling, much like an Atchitect. Carpentry is a learned skill, which Amaury has acquired through year's of hard work and experience. HE is the expert in this Project, not Phillip. That is who I would like to see presenting the Grand Plan.
10h

Stephanie Jarvis
Amaury is definitely the only member of this team who could tell us how the panels are going to be installed, and the technical reasons behind that. It’s definitely a video I’ll be making once he’s back working in that room. Actually, as well as being a master craftsman, he’s a very good designer in his own right, with a strong eye, and we all bounce ideas off each other. But he comes to us for the historical interior design aspect of the project, and Philip’s eye for that is extraordinary. Amaury and I both turn to him when making decisions relating to the proportions of the final design (not just in this room, in every project we’ve worked on so far). That’s what I love about living at Lalande, we each bring different skills and together we’re much stronger!
So Fanny admits she is only interested in decorating….choosing colors, fabrics and furniture. That sounds like restoration…….NOT! The dump is just a playground to show off her shopping addiction and poor taste while spending grifted funds raised by telling mountains of lies.

And Phillip, flibbertygibbette, we see you!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Catherine H.
Kerry
13h

Stephanie Jarvis
Catherine H.
12h

flibbertygibbette
12h

Catherine H.
10h

Stephanie Jarvis
wow, blind leading the blind... I hope the measurements get all f'd up at this point... no less than she deserves. My friend is an interior designer, spent years in school and knows how to draw to scale (AND draw corners) 🤦‍♀️ She will not listen to critique and has an answer for everything that suits her.

Reactions: 19
Natti still falling down on the job. They always blame the post. Odd that the Funny, but the post office doesn't have any trouble delivering mail to the shiteau, just sending out their patron cards.

Kimi Gray
I have supported your Patreon for almost 2 yrs. I am sad to report I never received a post from you Stephanie. Not a big deal to you I'm sure... but it would have brought such joy to me in my little world. Best wishes anyways .
11h

Caroline Rees
It must have gone missing in the post as mail often does. I’m sure if you emailed Natalie they would resend one to you ❤
11h

Stephanie Jarvis
I’m so sorry about that! It should have arrived well over a year ago. We’ll send your card to you straight away ❤❤❤
10h

Marilyn Ashton
I too havent received a card, I think it might have been because I hadnt realised Patron only had my paypal bank details not my actual address!!! It was months before it occurred to me to check!😂. I did rectify it ages ago but like you I'm still a bit disappointed not to have had one!
8h

Patricia Beveridge
I've also never received a card or an acknowledgement after many months. It's always nice to be recognized, especially since the Patron's contribute greatly towards financially supporting Stephanie's important restoration of Chateau de Lalande.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
she keeps dropping hints about her Birthday perhaps one of the cult members will buy her a new facade
Oh good grief is it nearly that time of year again where we have to brace for bloody Hanni bouncing around opening magnums of champers and joining Steph in her boudoir, let's hope she us busy doing Monza things if she still works for them?

• Haha
WHAT does Amuary do all day ? That grand saloon still looks NO different from when he went of to Argentina. How long does it take to cut down panels ? or his cutting and restoring each piece with a fine toothcomb / brush as he goes ? As for Snorts design drawings he could knock those up on the back of a beer mat in five mins. Now if he were going detailed scaled drawings he could have done those in a couple of days, so frightened of breaking one of his painted finger nails he just makes a meal out if everything he attempts which is never much. Steph hangs on his every word as though he is in charge, get real, it's her shed and she or with Amuarys help should decide what is happening. Snorts needs to get himself back on the stage for a long run of a strange play that will take him away for many, many months preferably for EVER.
Are they really going to cut the old panels? I thought this latest video said something about that but I'm too disgusted to go back and trawl through to find the quote.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.