The Chateau Diaries #146 Snorts can wear lace and he’ll still be… a squirrel!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In many ways Marie (and Fanny) both resemble my SO:
overly affectionate when she wants something, but quite content to ignore me and do her own thing most of the time,
she's accustomed to bossing me around whenever she feels like it, but also likes being spoilt,
moreover, she doesn't listen to a word I say, and she has also been known to bite the hand that feeds her!
But then my SO is a totally deaf, half blind, elderly Border Collie witch - what's their excuse!!??
I was once at a border collie trial in Virginia. Standing at the fence watching. There was a little downy puppy, literally covered in fur the texture of duckling down, capering around and playing with his owners, like an affectionate (if super high IQ) baby dog. He was maybe maybe 10-12 weeks old.
Then they brought the sheep out into the fenced meadow for the trial. Like three or four, 50 yards downhill.
This little fuzzy puppy frisking about froze, took the position, full crouch, full laser stare, at the faraway sheep, and was ready to go to werk! I've never forgotten it. They're the best dogs in the world, lucky you!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was going to post this late last night but got sidelined :
Totally off CD topic but on a gardening/nature theme.
My bird box has been occupied by parenting Blue Tits for the past couple of months - apparently they come back every year but this is my first Spring in my new home.
Returned home today to such a high level of chatter/chirping, low and behold there were 3 tiny Blue Tit fledglings in various spots on the ground in my garden. So incredibly cute. But, I was worried as at night a cat loiters on my fence/garage near the box - the motion light comes on which alerts me to its presence. I always scare him off.
I placed a couple back in my pear tree but within minutes they were back on the ground. Parents were about so I knew I couldn't do any more but am sincerely hoping that I won't find any evidence of baby feathers tomorrow as the light has been on tonight and when I clapped my hands I knew the cat was about as I saw "spooky" cat eyes on the fence in the darkness.
I know it's the way of nature but it would just be so very upsetting and I think that there are still more chicks in the box too.
TODAY'S UPDATE:
Unfortunately, only one chick was on the ground early this morning that the parent was still feeding. About an hour or so later, remaining chick was on a sheltered fence post and within 30 mins, had flown away.
So much relief on my part, but would far rather that there would have been the original 3.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I guess it's safe to say Davey's suggestion how to restore the lake was rejected? I don't watch CD anymore, any updates on that front?
The surveyers are surveying it, so it doesn't seem like that part of the equation -- complying with the law -- has been abandoned.
And Davy's plan took several years, I think.

• Wow
Same here 😊
I know a very straight arrow Christian mommy blogger who refers to her daughters as Thing One and Thing Two -- so as not to out them online.
Don't know if Dr. Seuss is a thing :p outside the US.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Um..probably not those regulations but the EU Water Framework Directive which was introduced in Oct 2020..& is an on-going process.
i was talking about the 1992 Water Law and was just commenting, that ties in with some of what she said on the Vlog. I was making the point that the water police visited many years before the 2020 directive came in. Reading the below, she would have known about the Water Law when she bought, but just chose to ignore it. The 2020 European Directive has piled the pressure on!

What is a water body?
It is the area of the property which is bought, sold, or rented, that qualifies it as a water body or pond. If it is less than 1,000 m², a water body is described as "pool", and therefore subject to no specific regulations. If the property has a surface area of water greater than 1,000 m², we are in the presence of a pond, which is likely to fall into one of the categories provided by law; it is therefore important to know its date of creation. Indeed, the water law dated January 3, 1992 struck a profound change in the legislation.
But water bodies are complex works, which may fall under several regulations: water legislation on fishing, on town planning, on the environment, even the Civil Code. Moreover, such an acquisition is worth considering. It is important that the parties and their notary tackle several questions, in order to avoid setbacks: what surface, when was it created, what is its legal status, its supply mode, equipment….?
Depending on the responses, the applicable regulations will be more or less dense, more, or less complex; in extreme cases, the competent administration may even go so far as requesting the deletion of the water body, which is not in keeping with the standards.
Water body: maintenance, draining
Maintenance
Once the acquisition of the water body is completed, one needs to remain careful. Indeed, all owners must maintain their property (manage the vegetation on the dams and the banks, ensure proper safety conditions for people and structures, etc.), regularly check the proper functioning of the structures (drainage system, end-of-pipe fish condition ..), carry out the required changes (setting up a diversion for example when the pond is on a watercourse) after favorable notice to the competent authority, carry out regular draining (respecting the periods, the frequency, the protection of the environment, sediment management ...) and use the opportunity to inspect the water body and its infrastructures, more thoroughly.
Drainage
It must be done every 2 to 5 years, when the hydrological conditions are optimal and by notifying the competent services, at least 15 days in advance. The Civil Code specifies that properties downstream should not be drained or flooded. The Environmental Code adds that the following must be respected: the outlet of any structure on a watercourse, a minimum flow known as "reserved flow" (10% of the average flow of the watercourse). The owner will have to monitor the present species, mainly plants, by avoiding or fighting against the propagation of those, which are invasive (ex. The Primrose willow).

• Heart
Truth to be told. His love tank is empty. Always has been. Only way to get the tank filled must be by a man of Steph's age, young people his age find him weird. Don't you think this is the main reason for him to be with her? Nobody in his own age group finds him attractive.
Except bubble girl !

• Heart
I've never understood why she couldn't make it in Haworth, supportively set up, etc. (Arguing against myself, as if the mentally ill could be reasoned with.) Aside from the real support she was getting, I finally checked out the econ stats of Haworth and there are plenty of well to do upper middle class residents of Haworth (not to mention the Bradford metro area of which it is part) to support a florist business.
I suppose truths and tough love were shared in Haworth where Nicky and the other lovely ladies bent over backwards to help her out, Marie's grift has always been based on victimhood. Signalling victimhood is not necessarily the same thing as actually being a victim. She’s exploiting people’s empathy and willingness to help suffering people by playing a victim. I think she was called out.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Chateau de LaLande has that effect on its residence.
pavlinn_ua
I used to write a lot. I wrote about travelling. I wrote about books. Writing was my work and my hobby. I kept a diary. Now most of the days I can’t even put two words together to describe a picture. Well, that’s what we have now, so… Here’s a few flowers and a goose. I think that pond is deeper than my mind at the moment, but what can you do)
1h
And I say again. Her English is good. Too good. Who's writing this?

Which Tattler suggested that she had been travelling and unable to return home rather than escaping from Ukraine?
That may have been me? Something about the whole situation always rang false.

Reactions: 10
The surveyers are surveying it, so it doesn't seem like that part of the equation -- complying with the law -- has been abandoned.
And Davy's plan took several years, I think.
I'm not sure that she will be able to avoid the law. The EU regulations are very strict regarding the environment & water. I reckon this is what has spurred her activity, not the patrons. I think she drained it in haste because the pond didn't conform to regulations, maybe household waste was draining into it - with the proviso that she got it it sorted & re-filled within a specific timeframe. It doesn't make sense to me that the Water Police would just allow a resource to just be drained without it being replaced.

And I say again. Her English is good. Too good. Who's writing this?
I agree with you, @C'est moi , I'd been thinking that ever since she started her IG account. Her written English is of a very high standard, but who knows, she might have a linguistic/academic background that explains it. You would not think so, hearing her speak. Not that she says much.

• Wow
I know a very straight arrow Christian mommy blogger who refers to her daughters as Thing One and Thing Two -- so as not to out them online.
Don't know if Dr. Seuss is a thing :p outside the US.
I have done thing 1

I agree with you, @C'est moi , I'd been thinking that ever since she started her IG account. Her written English is of a very high standard, but who knows, she might have a linguistic/academic background that explains it. You would not think so, hearing her speak. Not that she says much.
She said she was a travel writer I think didn't she - so presumably she speaks English as that is usually a language that is used in lots of countries? I watch a Norwegian vlogger who travels to all sorts of places some very remote & he always speaks English. Or like me she uses Google Translate - easy peasy. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.