Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
I know a master who can make beautiful things out of solid wood: showcases, doors, windows, anything a man could wish for. But. For every thing he needs to do, he needs ages to finish. No one knows why this is so, but it is so.
Instead of being a rich man who rules with superior skill, he finds it difficult to find a job because he is too slow and drives his clients crazy.
Maybe Amaury is that guy ?!
I totally agree with you.
Most clients just want "whatever" to look as beautiful as possible, maybe then, not 100% perfection AND, as you say, absolutely are not prepared to wait months/years on end either to achieve their end goal.
That's why most artists in whichever media in their own life times were never truly appreciated or rich etc simply for that fact.
They are only revered these days for their past artistry because today, none of us are their clients. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Summerbaby

VIP Member
But he'd done his video throwing them under the bus by that point... It appears Diesel's Spode bowl was the spoils of war...

'Lay down with dogs, get fleas' springs to my mind 😂
LOL. God forbid, I sincerely hope that you are not inferring that Diesel has fleas! Joking aside. I 100% agree with you which was exactly my point in my post. :)

Kickintheass

VIP Member
Anyone got a bet on the winner of this weekend Eurovision song contest. Ukraine got out of last night's heat. 👏👏

• Haha

Summerbaby

VIP Member
HA! Her Dad is a plastic surgeon here in Houston who has a foundation called The Rose to provide mammograms to low income women, I am getting mine there next week to help pay for someone else's!
Not entirely sure what you mean. BUT, isn't that something to respect him for? Is THE ROSE, a bone fide respected foundation?

• Heart
Reactions: 2

UvulaDonor

VIP Member
🙂 Don't really much give a toss about her, it's just that I've never thought of Australia as particularly conservative; no matter which party is in power, or who resides in Yarralumla signing off for the Queen. Queensland and Western Australia might be viewed as middle of the road conservative, but Victoria, New South Wales, Tasmania, the Australian Capital and Northern Territories are definitely to the left of center. I've always thought of Australia as an extremely progressive left liberalist nation with their myriad advances in sciences, technologies, social and economic equality and in no way mired in stagnant and traditionalist right wing ideologies. Unless it's changed since my last visit. It has been a few years.

(Apologies for being OT).
I think it is entirely dependent on the socioeconomic group you mix with. More recently Victoria and New South Wales have had some of the most extreme Covid rules in the world. Australia's 501 legislation has been particularly conservative/right of centre. Compared to NZ, Australia's federal government is definitely right of centre.

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Not Cat fending but from London and the south east a lot of people pop over to France for a couple of days. It is so easy and quick to get there. In the past I’ve been to Lille for the day Christmas shopping, Paris for lunch and I have friends who go for weekends.
My ex husband used to work in France during the week so only came back to England for 2 days every weekend.
I was thinking more the effort now since covid, she was coming sooner, then delayed it as she can only stay 6 months now (Brexit too).. So from what Fanny was suggesting, she wanted to be there till winter..

Summerbaby

VIP Member
View attachment 1254325

Did Potty supply Dan with the Miller picture???
That would explain the lemon...🤪
Americans do not drink their Miller beer with a lemon.
michaelpottsf1
Max and Kelly celebrating his victory at the Miami Grand Prix
14 HOURS AGO

michaelpottsf1
Charles Leclerc on his way to pole position in the Miami F1 Grand Prix
22 HOURS AGO

michaelpottsf1
Alex Albon and arriving at the Miami Grand Prix with his girlfriend pro golfer Lily He
2 DAYS AGO
Didn't the filming of the Dubai Grand Prix win some kind of a BAFTA at last night's ceremony? I wonder whether Potty was on that team?

Iolair

VIP Member
Thank you for bringing your thread to my attention - I've been rolling around laughing at the critiques. She's certainly an odd ball. Nostalgia is deeply dangerous. She's Australian, which may go some way to explain her politics, but she gives me cult-y right wing energy with her insistence on being in the kitchen baking cakes and seemingly not ever challenging her husband's omniscient opinion.
I dont know of her. Have to look up her channel. But I'm not sure I understand... you're saying her politics are right wing cult-y due to her being Australian? She's lost her accent then.

Hey now, don't hate on Louis V. I own and like their bags- not for status (where I live, they are akin to the Coach bags of the Midwest in the US- everyone and their mother has one), but every LV product I own has held up to my merciless abuse, which is beyond normal "wear and tear." The larger handbags and totes are versatile- you can drag a carcass home, transport a case of Miller Lite, use it as a "remedial tool" on a misbehaving neighbour who plays their music too loud or fails to pick up their dog's poo in your 'hood, fit an entire casserole for a potluck, fit multiple laptops (plus kilos of vendor swag) for your rolling office, lug around the lower gear assembly for your powerboat's outboard to find the correct impeller and the stitching STILL holds up. Their higher end bags would be lost on me- I'd destroy them in 5 seconds. LV is cheaper in France, obviously- but I do wonder about the Pethericks constant need to showcase them- are they for function or looks? Or in hopes LV will sponsor them?
Given the level of use and abuse you detail for your LV bags are you saying their more expensive products are not as well made?!? How disappointing😜 I’ll stick with my ancient Floto bags.🤓

• Heart

Luna20

VIP Member
It was a combination of stress, anxiety, reduced oxygen intake because of a nasal septum deformation and wearing the mask 8 hours straight. I was ordered to man the cashdesk on the ground floor and the amount of people there freaked me out. And the threat that I will be called into the office every time I do something wrong, made me leaving the company.
i worked for an European drugstore chain, that also sells cosmetics, food, toys, stationary etc.
Rossmann?