The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me, too. I plant hundreds, at least 10 varieties for the pollinators and birds. I love to watch the finches and canaries tear through the heads when the seeds are ready. My neighbors love them as well.

This year I will plant even more in solidarity with Ukraine.
Yes I will too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thanks! I couldn't be more disgusted to be honest. So now she's outgrown being a volunteer and wants people to start investing in bying her and Nikki a chateau? I know she was trained by the best, but she really is as delusional as Selmar and his Titts eh Tatts eh whatever his girlfriends name is.
You know ...... she got a free car so why not a "free" Chateau !

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I did not mean anything bad. I speak from my own experience. We have one very old apple tree that we do not spray or prune. The fruits that manage to ripen are exquisite, but most of them fall off during the summer, have worms and rot under the tree. It's all one big mess. At the end of the season, we leave a few healthy fruits to eat, make a little apple cider vinegar, but the vast majority of fruits fail. I wonder who in CLL would prune fruit trees in the spring, picking and processing fruit especially in that dirty kitchen.
I have pear trees and it seems that they take a long time to ripen I check daily. Great anticipation. However...the raccoons seem to know when they are ripe ,and every year, when we are asleep, strip the trees before dawn. Sheesh!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Speaking of fundraising ... husband just came in the room to tell me about a YT channel he watches called Viva La Dirt League ... they have nearly 3.7 million subscribers and several people on their team ... and they felt they needed a studio for their productions, so they put up a fundraiser thing, and in no time they have $2.5 million! They have a patreon that puts out 3 original pieces of work a week and have over $36,000 Canadian a month from it! The online earnings and fundraising in this day and age are INSANE!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Here you go everyone. You owe me $7.50
I'll gladly chip in, with Buy My A Coffee. Since you are now a Patron, could you apply her Patreon to kemonoclub?

I don't have any tighty whities
I just can't with tighty whites. I can't look at him the same way anymore...
Also being a 1940's enthusiast (Peter, not me). I would have thought, that he'd go down the 1940's underwear route too...
40'es Mens.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I get the same relaxing vibes from the TruClean rug cleaning channel. As a bit of a neat freak there’s just something so satisfying about their videos. Especially as they’re in direct contrast to Fanny Flash’s never ending, never finished tit show of expanding filth!
I ❤ the TruClean rug videos as well!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I planted lots of sunflowers in my garden this summer. One of my neighbours trimmed his trees so much he could see into my house, so I wanted something to give me some privacy again. I've had so much joy from them. Watching them grow so fast that the neighbour couldn't see me every time I left/arrived home Yay! Then the bees and butterflies came and were a pleasure to watch. When they went to seed I had lovely little finches eating the seeds. I loved it so much that I'm going to plant them every year from now on.
View attachment 1136905
you can see my neighours blue house and a trimmed tree in the right of the photo. We are below them on a hill so without the sunflowers they could see into my house. The trees have sprouted leaves again now and they are growing well. I thought he had killed them!

View attachment 1136926
The bees, butterflies and birds loved the sunflowers but my other photos have people in them too so you can't have them!
Last year we had one grow so tall, it dwarfed my husband. Twice his height....but like you I can't share that picture!! He is tall, but the sunflower really towered over him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
These ones were called Moulin Rouge(red) and King Kong (yellow). I'm looking forward to having more than 2 varieties next year. Hubby thought I was a bit silly wanting them, but he was really impressed with them and is keen to plant more next year too. So nice to have won him over to the darkside!
Oh! Nice! I'll have to find a picture of my cherry chocolate sunflower it reminds me of your Molin Rouge.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What's wrong with sunflowers? :cautious: !hey are beautiful!...

See, saying things like that is what makes people sound like they are here with an agenda! Picking on the type of flower being planted, because you don't like them is just childish...
You are right!

• Heart
Last year we had one grow so tall, it dwarfed my husband. Twice his height....but like you I can't share that picture!! He is tall, but the sunflower really towered over him.
Our town had a sunflower growing contest last year!! There were adults, and children alike who participated!! They are a fun flower, sunny yellow and grow so tall. Up here we have such a short growing season that they are very rewarding to see grow! There is a neighbor close by who grows a cheery patch of them every year right by the road so we can all see them!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So anyone want to bet some pies that Dan will do the rendering on the chateau?!! If it ever gets done. Stephanie hates to spend money hiring professionals ... and Dan has got his sprayer thing and has done his own place ... so I'm willing to bet that he'll be doing it!
Hope it gets done, because the farmhouse looks terribly, horribly, disgustingly, awful. My goodness. Wonder if he would be able to do it with out making a terrible mess on the pink gravel?

These ones were called Moulin Rouge(red) and King Kong (yellow). I'm looking forward to having more than 2 varieties next year. Hubby thought I was a bit silly wanting them, but he was really impressed with them and is keen to plant more next year too. So nice to have won him over to the darkside!
Do they attract squirrels? I think they beautiful but have enough squirrels. Afraid of them invading the house.
Just like Lalande let them in hard to get rid of them.

• Haha
  • Wow
I've been deep cleaning my pantry today ... and it looks so good ... still a bit more to do .... but it reminded me that things need to be cleaned and cared for and well kept to maintain their beauty ... just thought I'd put this comment here for Stephanie ... your chateau and stuff will only stay beautiful if you CLEAN and ORGANIZE it .... it is mussy, girl, get to cleaning (there, you have content for many weeks, deep clean every room yourself (you can have your volunteers and Philip and Nati help, but please don't give Amaury, Dan, or Kirsty more work)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
The walking dead- I'm in it till the finish! Gutted when they moved it to Disney.

Talking of the Walking Dead- is Flip better now?
I dont know. Haven't watched this season at all. Its hard too. I don't have A&E anymore. Last season's Fear The walking dead was really good though. I thought I was over with that show

Reactions: 3
I'll gladly chip in, with Buy My A Coffee. Since you are now a Patron, could you apply her Patreon to kemonoclub?

I just can't with tighty whites. I can't look at him the same way anymore...
Also being a 1940's enthusiast (Peter, not me). I would have thought, that he'd go down the 1940's underwear route too...
View attachment 1137276
I agree Hard to get that image out of my mind!! Thank heavens no tighty whities or boxers in my husbands dresser!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have pear trees and it seems that they take a long time to ripen I check daily. Great anticipation. However...the raccoons seem to know when they are ripe ,and every year, when we are asleep, strip the trees before dawn. Sheesh!
I feel for you ...... we have possums that are like your raccoons .... they eat fruit and adore roses. I have a lovely geranium in a hanging basket ... the buggers got that too !

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I had a friend once who was taking a gap year in a forest cabin. He started feeding the racoons at night on the back porch. One night he ran out of dog food, I think he was feeding them, and missed their royal hineys' dinner service. Two a.m., and he is awakened to the tune of a racoon marching band banging the lids on the garbage cans. He goes to the kitchen and sees a line of little masked furry faces lined up at the kitchen window making puppy eyes at him.
He cooked them pancakes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've been deep cleaning my pantry today ... and it looks so good ... still a bit more to do .... but it reminded me that things need to be cleaned and cared for and well kept to maintain their beauty ... just thought I'd put this comment here for Stephanie ... your chateau and stuff will only stay beautiful if you CLEAN and ORGANIZE it .... it is mussy, girl, get to cleaning (there, you have content for many weeks, deep clean every room yourself (you can have your volunteers and Philip and Nati help, but please don't give Amaury, Dan, or Kirsty more work)
Yu just made me remember to check the dump by date!!

Reactions: 7
Yu just made me remember to check the dump by date!!
I'm a bit ashamed to say I haven't done such a deep clean in a couple of years and I had a lot of stuff to throw out ... but at least it is done now!! :)

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.