The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally agree with you. And like someone else said, "jack of all trades, but, master of none".
Those sunflowers in the courtyard did it for me last year - WTF?
Who the hell plants sunflowers other than for a children's school project or within your own back garden to see how high they grow, for your children? Geez, if it hadn't been captured on camera, no-one would have believed it! And he likes to portrait himself as a gardener - I defo 100% think not. :rolleyes:
I thought they were very charming😬

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"If it's too much" - as in cost, or the possibility that visiting the beaches might be overwhelming? Normandy is certainly a lot less expensive than Paris and if you base yourself at some charming little town, such as Bayeux, it's going to give you the historical and medieval perspective as well. Bayeux's magnificent Norte Dame cathedral for example was built on Roman ruins, the Bayeux Tapestry is itself astonishing and an absolute must - stay at the boutique hotel Churchill and eat across the road at Le Drakkar. It's a gem of a town. Omaha Beach is 30 mins away and above it, the American Cemetery at Collville sur Mer. It's a peaceful and beautiful resting place, and superbly maintained. The visitor experience can be enhanced by reading up on the history, not just of D-Day, but what happened afterwards as the Allies consolidated their hold. The history of the cemetery itself is extremely interesting. Normandy is a place where you can truly experience the generosity and warmth of the French.

I once asked a French colleague how he felt about having so many Allied soldiers buried in his small town, and he said "Why, they enrich our souls."
One of the best books I've ever read about anything was about the process of memorializing WWI. Never had so many died. Never were there so many unknowns. Never were so many unable to be repatriated. Memory itself changed.
Amazon product

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
What do you mean keep forgetting? What else have I forgotten? I didn’t forget anything, I’m talking about what someone should plant to make the grounds look good. Had nothing to do with who the picker was.
I did not mean anything bad. I speak from my own experience. We have one very old apple tree that we do not spray or prune. The fruits that manage to ripen are exquisite, but most of them fall off during the summer, have worms and rot under the tree. It's all one big mess. At the end of the season, we leave a few healthy fruits to eat, make a little apple cider vinegar, but the vast majority of fruits fail. I wonder who in CLL would prune fruit trees in the spring, picking and processing fruit especially in that dirty kitchen.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I bet Ryan used Wix for creating the website.

The German speakers will understand that joke.

For all the others, Wix is the noun for
View attachment 1136636
…if you know what I mean
I was only half paying attention but I thought Ryan said something about using Wordpress. Probably mistaken since it was Ryan afterall and I was hard pressed not to fall asleep. Interestingly there’s another Michael Petherick in Canada who’s an established artist and animator.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Those sunflowers in the courtyard did it for me last year - WTF?
Who the hell plants sunflowers other than for a children's school project or within your own back garden to see how high they grow, for your children? Geez, if it hadn't been captured on camera, no-one would have believed it! And he likes to portrait himself as a gardener - I defo 100% think not. :rolleyes:
What's wrong with sunflowers? :cautious: !hey are beautiful!...

See, saying things like that is what makes people sound like they are here with an agenda! Picking on the type of flower being planted, because you don't like them is just childish...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
So anyone want to bet some pies that Dan will do the rendering on the chateau?!! If it ever gets done. Stephanie hates to spend money hiring professionals ... and Dan has got his sprayer thing and has done his own place ... so I'm willing to bet that he'll be doing it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Me, too. I plant hundreds, at least 10 varieties for the pollinators and birds. I love to watch the finches and canaries tear through the heads when the seeds are ready. My neighbors love them as well.

This year I will plant even more in solidarity with Ukraine.
I’ll be doing that too 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When it involves Davey, once again ,misguided Fannie has misplaced her trust. It is obvious that he isn't the sharpest hoe in the gardens.What a waste of money.
And Dave’s makes a lot of plans that require a full time gardening staff to maintain. And we all know that won‘t happen when the money dries up.

So anyone want to bet some pies that Dan will do the rendering on the chateau?!! If it ever gets done. Stephanie hates to spend money hiring professionals ... and Dan has got his sprayer thing and has done his own place ... so I'm willing to bet that he'll be doing it!
that would be in line with everything done at the shitto... and will take about 2 years to complete with the little sprayer that could! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Me, too. I plant hundreds, at least 10 varieties for the pollinators and birds. I love to watch the finches and canaries tear through the heads when the seeds are ready. My neighbors love them as well.

This year I will plant even more in solidarity with Ukraine.
Yas, queen!

• Heart
that would be in line with everything done at the shitto... and will take about 2 years to complete with the little sprayer that could! 😂
He'll just fill the digger bucket up and then hurl the contents at the wall.. grab a piece of 2 x 2 and pat it flat and then when it's gone off will use the front of the same digger bucket to smooth it down ish and call it rustic.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We have porcupines here and other than seeing them trying to cross busy highways. ( which usually does end well) I did not know much about them except not to p..s them off and get their quills thrown at you. Well last summer our cherry tree was laden with fruit. The next day stripped! Thought it was the birds. We were driving by our neighbours who have a variety of fruit trees. In one of their cherry tress was a porcupine feasting on the fruit. Did not know that they could climb trees. (City girl living in the country)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
He's a Cowboy. Remember him using the gas weed burner in the kitchen trying to light the range. That was so dangerous and irresponsible.

They were Sunflowers.
I agree but any professional gardener would never, ever plant sunflowers where he did. They are field plants not for within a courtyard.

Reactions: 6
Not to mention reinstating the blocked up windows and introduction of the new portico to enhance the existing insignificant/barely noticeable "front door". An absolute certainty no skilled stonemasons will be involved.

Reactions: 12
Akin to Ollie's artwork! Wait until their kids go to cash-in on their heirloom pieces of art to find that they are traced from the original artist's works and of no value.
At least Michael can paint to a certain degree and has talent when he applies himself. Ollie is a cheap knock off who takes pictures then layers them with cheap af filters on his smart phone.

What's wrong with sunflowers? :cautious: !hey are beautiful!...

See, saying things like that is what makes people sound like they are here with an agenda! Picking on the type of flower being planted, because you don't like them is just childish...
I love sunflowers, hence my profile pic. I have a 94 year old neighbor who loves them and looks forward to me growing them every year. Flowers are all good in my opinion.🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Just as an FYI I really do know how to spell but apparently intuitive spellcheck thinks I do not. Drives me crazy how it changes my words!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
“If I visited the chateau, I'd secretly place stickers that read "Souvenir of Blackpool UK" or some other tacky seaside resort on all of daddy's paintings”

I’m Blackpool Born & Bred, Tacky? Moi!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.