The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely something going on between the trotter brothers. Vomit inducing how the brother is throwing cash around lately, now the news was the apparent arrival of a new car to use with the trailer. If money is no problem for them, why is his brother still cashing from patron? And not making any vlogs? Djeez. I don't like saying there are worse grifter than SJ, but they sure are coming close...
Based on what Michael said in his last crying vlog, many of his Patreons pay annually to take advantage of a discount. He probably received a load of cash in January when he received his annual payment…money burning a hole in his pocket. It’s probably too much for him to resist a trip somewhere with all the extra cash right now. Things are too quiet…which usually means he’s up to something. And then there’s Billy’s cryptic vlog title…Doing It Alone. My guess is that Teabag is on a trip.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Thank you @Marty McFly 9 for posting the day drinking pics.
Percy's, 46 year old, stepdaughter's boyfriend, is the same age as his granddaughter. Let that sink in. No wonder he looks frail. The Jarvis clan is a lot.

1642965908725.png

1642965867200.png

1642965847862.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I knew 2 people (very close friends) with the exact body type and yes they ate a lot but not enough for them, he would need to eat a lot more carbs in order to gain
My dad and brother are that body type. Been observing them for 50 years. He should be fattening up by now. He eats like a pig. He’s purging.

It is him. Potty was wearing the same shirt at Lalande in July, 2021.

View attachment 1010139
View attachment 1010172
Good catch! What the hell is he doing there?

Reactions: 8
you are so kind. And I plan to see who can help here in SA. This afternoon I was thinking though we have these small rodents with stripes on them that have almost been eaten to extinction by the "locals" and we always release them when they have been caught in the so called humane traps, They are in fact a protected species here. I would be very upset if they were killed as rats. so tonight - not yet dark, I have put one cage with peanuts in a net bag and one with dental floss ! the camera showed the rat last night sitting in front of the front door and just staring - but I have put something under the door so nothing can get through not even the huge red centipedes. Small price to pay I suppose for being able to rent in a lovely farm with no noisy neighbours. lol xxx but yes for mice and the farmhouse in France what a bloody good idea !!!
Thank you, you are very sweet! I hope someone can help, though it might be difficult to keep the stripy rodents out. I googled them and they look similar to little creatures we have in the states called chipmunks...so cute but like squirrels & rats they can cause all manner of damage. Is it mint dental floss? Mint is supposed to deter rodents. There's a stray cat who hangs out in my garden and wreaks havoc on them in the spring & summer as well as black snake or two..the only time I ever see evidence of mice is when it gets cold and then I keep an eye out near my stove as I'm sure they squeeze in around the gas line. Sounds like that rat was sitting out there plotting! I've got a metal kick plate across my back door since they can't chew through metal. I like the sound of the lovely farm but huge red centipedes? Yikes! I'm glad you're able to keep them out...now I might have to give myself nightmares by looking them up...lol. Since I'm in the north part of a city, you wouldn't think we'd have so much wildlife but we have bunnies and foxes around as well as kestrels, hawks and falcons. No sheep unlike lalalande though. 😉

Reactions: 5
Definitely something going on between the trotter brothers. Vomit inducing how the brother is throwing cash around lately, now the news was the apparent arrival of a new car to use with the trailer. If money is no problem for them, why is his brother still cashing from patron? And not making any vlogs? Djeez. I don't like saying there are worse grifter than SJ, but they sure are coming close...
I'd say Teabag is comfortably a worse grifter than SJ, although on a smaller scale. He gives his patrons nothing and blows the money on partying for weeks on end in another country during a pandemic. He also has the Buy Me a Coffee/ Go Fund Me, which she doesn't. All this whilst being related to money on Gwen's side.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Out of their natural habitat (Lalande), both look so odd like out of place there... Especially with the two healthy and sane girls.
SJ never likes to be anywhere where she is not in control and not the centre of attention in the limelight. I watched two of the Positano Diaries for a change of scene: one where Nicky and her husband were visiting her father in England and then the one where they drive home to Italy via Eurostar and through France, stopping in Dijon, Avignon, and staying with friends in a Provencal village. Nicky managed to make all that interesting and enjoyable. There are no histrionics; no prancing about performing for the camera; no ridiculous fake laughter, and no reciting of chunks out of guidebooks or Wikipedia. She and her husband have natural conversations and are charming and sometimes amusing. She manages to make all the places they visit look attractive and interesting, even though most places were shut and towns empty. The problem with SJ is, that no matter what the intended subject of each blog is, be it another chateau; a church, or whatever, the only real subject of each of her vlogs is SJ, herself. It's all "Look ay me, me , me", there's no other motive. If she's out and about, she has to take up a pose in or outside the building. Nicky does not do that, she just films naturally as they walk about and shows a genuine interest in everything, She doesn't totter around in flimsy mini skirts and high heels but dresses appropriately. Thank goodness, SJ and Ollie's channel has not yet started. The Positano vlogs are far more enjoyable and don't make you feel you want to strangle someone by the end of them! N's husband, Carlos, speaks very little English but he takes part with sub-titles and he is pleasant, natural and amusing, unlike SJ's partner. They stayed in modest Ibis hotels on the way and there is nothing pretentious about them. They grow most of their own food and live simply, showing the beautiful locations around their home. There is no comparison.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Ok, so on Thursday I incorrectly identified that terrace door as the kitchen - it’s the grande salon - my apologies. However, our Don Jarvis’s metal detritus still littering the terrace, causing potential health and safety issues for all at the chateau. It’s so nice to see someone so dedicated to saving the chateau from ruination…. I simply don’t believe a commercial enterprise such as LaLande, which welcomes paying guests, is allowed to leave debris in communal areas like that, it must be in violation of an insurance policy (which again raises questions regarding if she has one). But, maybe I’m wrong…

Her renovation is all performative - these kinds of acts (essentially fly tipping) point to her true lack of intention to renovate that farmhouse at all. The responsibility of bringing that chateau rests in the hands of others, certainly not Don Jarvis. The local jurisdiction should condemn that HMN not just for fly tipping but the pest issues.

D72DDAC4-5992-47EA-8ECB-F27664B6673D.jpeg

Reactions: 23
SJ never likes to be anywhere where she is not in control and not the centre of attention in the limelight. I watched two of the Positano Diaries for a change of scene: one where Nicky and her husband were visiting her father in England and then the one where they drive home to Italy via Eurostar and through France, stopping in Dijon, Avignon, and staying with friends in a Provencal village. Nicky managed to make all that interesting and enjoyable. There are no histrionics; no prancing about performing for the camera; no ridiculous fake laughter, and no reciting of chunks out of guidebooks or Wikipedia. She and her husband have natural conversations and are charming and sometimes amusing. She manages to make all the places they visit look attractive and interesting, even though most places were shut and towns empty. The problem with SJ is, that no matter what the intended subject of each blog is, be it another chateau; a church, or whatever, the only real subject of each of her vlogs is SJ, herself. It's all "Look ay me, me , me", there's no other motive. If she's out and about, she has to take up a pose in or outside the building. Nicky does not do that, she just films naturally as they walk about and shows a genuine interest in everything, She doesn't totter around in flimsy mini skirts and high heels but dresses appropriately. Thank goodness, SJ and Ollie's channel has not yet started. The Positano vlogs are far more enjoyable and don't make you feel you want to strangle someone by the end of them! N's husband, Carlos, speaks very little English but he takes part with sub-titles and he is pleasant, natural and amusing, unlike SJ's partner. They stayed in modest Ibis hotels on the way and there is nothing pretentious about them. They grow most of their own food and live simply, showing the beautiful locations around their home. There is no comparison.
@ Espe I agree with you completely. Have been watching and enjoying all of Nicki's vlogs for a long time A while ago, someone recommended them to we tattlers on Chateau Diaries, as SJ had started on her selfish egotistic rampage, and people were starting ti turn off.I was pleasantly pleased.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Seriously is his entire wardrobe from emause???
Has he ever heard of Persil automatic
Or vanish ??

How much is she paying him ??? - there is no instance that he carries off shabby chic

He looks like a homeless bum

Wait
tit
He actually is homeless and a bum 😈
Holy Smokes! Talk about being under-dressed!
I know frugality is a quality the Dutch are known for and proud of, but all my Dutch friends know when to dress for any occasion.
None of them show up at an event like a paperboy on a summer day route.

1642968143148.png

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Would be funny if Selmar just jumped in his van and went to La Lande. No one there would tell him to leave I'm sure, and he would be waiting for Fanny to come home from SA to surprise her!
Maybe they can pick up FRK on the way. Get the team back together!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I bet they're already on their way. When SJ returns she'll find sillymobile parked in its usual place and these two loitering around like nothing's happened.
Did see on see on Insta stories Ann Marie and Nutty are having a Farewell BBQ

• Wow
Reactions: 16
in older vlogs Percy seemed to be struggling to breathe. I wondered at the time whether he was in early stages of emphysema but that’s before I realized the place was so filthy and ridden with rodents. Certainly he had some sort of lung issue.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
She's not making any effort uploading is she? Must be nice to take all that time off whenever she likes and still be loaded.

Reactions: 14
in older vlogs Percy seemed to be struggling to breathe. I wondered at the time whether he was in early stages of emphysema but that’s before I realized the place was so filthy and ridden with rodents. Certainly he had some sort of lung issue.
I can’t really see IJ and Percy returning to the Chateau, I don’t think he is up to it and I can’t see IJ leaving him, I know she doesn’t come across as the soft and cuddly type but I don’t think she would be that cold

Reactions: 21
Holy Smokes! Talk about being under-dressed!
I know frugality is a quality the Dutch are known for and proud of, but all my Dutch friends know when to dress for any occasion.
None of them show up at an event like a paperboy on a summer day route.
He looks like a "homeless man/Squirrel" ... and he should do Something about that rotten hair!!! YuK !💩

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.