The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Anmuary - his 'honey do' list got longer with every piece of wood SJ touched in the attic. He now has to::
- build a new window frame
- build bottom for a large dresser
- repair broken down side table
- build new table top for old billiard table legs
- repair window shutters
- build replacement moulding
At this rate Anmuary isn't going to have any chance of finishing the Grand Salon, especially by April. He should stay in Argentina!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It's hard catching up. (I'm still at page 43 in the previous thread 😵)
Do we know when this actually takes place? Right after the no-fun New Year's Eve? Jan 2nd?
Potts and Armoire were still there.... Did they leave all the :poop: on the terrace, while everybody left the Shitoo?
probably Dan has taken it al to the dechetterie...but i guess he was to embarresed to film it..

Reactions: 20
Don't think Selmar got around to fixing these chairs as planned., as things appear to have changed once Squirrelboy arrived in September 2020.
Unlikely they will get fixed now, so if she's not going to invest in repairing them, SJ should just toss them.
That red and gold chair used to be in her not so grand salon, the one they are currently not putting the paneling in because they have more urgent things to do, like holidaying and frolicking around in the world why the rest suffers a pandemic. When the not so grand salon is finally done up, she wants to reorganize its furniture (read: buy loads of expensive new stuff and forget about her old Emmaus crap) so she dumped those chair on the pile in the attic.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I lost count how many times they said 'oh we can get Aumary to fix that up/make a new one'. His list is getting longer by the day.
Billard room in the attic WTF. A slate top billiard table plus the forest of wardrobes all up there, imagine the weight load!
Steph, stick his head in the Pifco Face Steamer seeing as he didn't want you to keep it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Attic Treasure, going back a while: when SJ (the pageboy in attendance, natch) was skipping around what was to become Narnia of a Thousand Armoires and discussing ideas about the raised floor, etc, with Ian, they stumbled upon a rather delapidated but obviously "good" armchair, one of the myriad things left behind by the Marquis. I seem to remember it was cane-seated and possibly leather-backed. It looked the sort of chair one might use at a desk in an Estate office or study. It was clearly an antique (I forget which period - and, no, I don't have a screenshot from the relevant vlog to submit here as Exhibit A) and, while not an important find, definitely worth undergoing professional restoration.

SJ, who never falls to disappoint with her displays of all-encompassing lack of knowledge, seemed genuinely astonished when Ian told her that there was a local furniture restorer.

Said chair has never been seen since. It would be a much better memento of the de Nadallac years than an obsolete television set.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I hope you aren’t sitting in the nasty weeds with Cara freezing your nether regions!

Could be wrong, but I recall Snorty doesn’t drink tea and coffee.

Mmmmmhhhhh, you didn’t wait 16 years to search your attic - how odd?
HI there, at one of the recent gift grabs she received two tins of Jap tea ( I have the same tin ) and she and PJ were as excited as usual and SJ said " we keep our tea in our bathroom"and handed him the tins. B ATHROOM??? Now every time I made tea I have those two in my head :rolleyes: also I just watched them in the latest vlog cleaning out in the tower, someone made a comment that she bought the chateau 19 years ago, but she keeps saying it was 16 yrs. DID she buy when she was 29? then time HAS passed and its not 16yrs ago anymore.?? LOL

I used to like them a lot too...musically, they're quite good.

I agree...I'd venture to say he doesn't want his friendship with Amaury to come to an end. Chances are he'll continue keeping the workshop in ship shape order while using it. I'm curious to see what happens when he washes those Pumas he's wearing. I wear the same sort (have done for over a quarter decade) and they're suede...not something I'd consider putting in the washer.
Dan seems to be so ROUGH with things, he just chucks stuff down, I saw him with his new drone, just chucked the box around....... like he is made of money. Maybe he thinks its smart/cool who knows.

Would have been fun to watch SJ toss the TV out the window....
and snorty boy with it !!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
HI there, at one of the recent gift grabs she received two tins of Jap tea ( I have the same tin ) and she and PJ were as excited as usual and SJ said " we keep our tea in our bathroom"and handed him the tins. B ATHROOM??? Now every time I made tea I have those two in my head :rolleyes: also I just watched them in the latest vlog cleaning out in the tower, someone made a comment that she bought the chateau 19 years ago, but she keeps saying it was 16 yrs. DID she buy when she was 29? then time HAS passed and its not 16yrs ago anymore.?? LOL

Dan seems to be so ROUGH with things, he just chucks stuff down, I saw him with his new drone, just chucked the box around....... like he is made of money. Maybe he thinks its smart/cool who knows.
Watch Casey Neistat, Dan admires him.

Reactions: 6
That red and gold chair used to be in her not so grand salon, the one they are currently not putting the paneling in because they have more urgent things to do, like holidaying and frolicking around in the world why the rest suffers a pandemic. When the not so grand salon is finally done up, she wants to reorganize its furniture (read: buy loads of expensive new stuff and forget about her old Emmaus crap) so she dumped those chair on the pile in the attic.
Yet in the Summer 2020 vlog she exclaimed how much she adored the chair and the pink/gold combination.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yet in the Summer 2020 vlog she exclaimed how much she adored the chair and the pink/gold combination.
Is there an object in the shitoo that Fanny doesn't exclaim to adore?
Right, the fugly lamp that Snorty wanted to keep.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Damn - a plush squirrel dog toy just appeared as a pop-up! I'm not getting it for my puppies, but may send to SJ to keep her warm at night.

1642764126216.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So I wonder who or what lit a fuse under SJ to get the rest of the attic sorted just as she is about to leave for her travels I must say this was one of her more enjoyable vlogs. They have been very few and far between.

What I can’t understand is why people have to keep things in such a mess. There is nothing wrong with keeping things but at least look after them. Store them on shelves. Keep them clean. This way they will at least not deteriorate and keep their value. SJ let go of those light fittings and mirrors way too easily. Not in keeping with her character. The rational behind keeping the TV was BS.

As for the tossing out the window. That was just crazy and so unnecessary. I kept waiting for something to bounce and break a window.

I must say the way they started to organize things into those empty rooms is a good idea and should of been done 18 years ago.

Reactions: 23
Maybe to do one side of the attic Ian moved stuff to the side shown being cleared. As some of the boxes were Potty’s he was needed to claim his stuff. However I do agree the main reason was to have a vlog for when they are in SA.

Thankyou all who updated me on those chairs!

Reactions: 18
Dan and the outside chairs: not before time that the seats were given some TLC/a complete overhaul, using timber from the Lalande acres. There's a "but" attached to my semi-plaudit...perhaps it's just me, but is it a good idea to use wet (or certainly damp) , recently felled timber? Rather like them using unseasoned, brand spanking new wood for the pergola, which Dan admitted might be a mistake.

The woodland generally: typical, I suppose, but Stephanie seemed to ignore - or wasn't listening - Tree Surgeon Nick telling her that the pine trees were planted 50 or 60 years ago as a potential cash crop. Part of proper forestry/woodland management.

The words "proper" and "management" are,of course, an alien concept in the Lalande lexicon. SJ thinks, speaks and breathes muddle and chaos.

Reactions: 32
So I wonder who or what lit a fuse under SJ to get the rest of the attic sorted just as she is about to leave for her travels
Wonder no more, as the sole reason behind this sudden inspired "clean up" had nothing to do with actually cleaning up. She needed to prerecord vlogs to give them a chance to escape to London and South Africa, that's why. It is also why the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe looked so uninspired in this vlog, apart from the awkwardness of having her still dearly beloved ex around, who hates his guts: his mind was already on safari.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example
I do... trim it one cm every six months.

Reactions: 9
Thank you, Rick Ebert and Thomas Myrick for your comments and @MarquisOfNadaillac, for this image. 👇

SJ horders @marquisofNadaillac.png

Thomas Myrick
12 hours ago
They are all pact rats

From CD's 1/20/22 live chat...
Still, so much confusion about the schedule. The super donors are lost....

blackcurrant Is there no longer a vlog on Tuesdays now does anyone know?

Christine Wilkinson I think there’s only one per week while she’s on vacation. I think she gets back around the middle of February
Christine Wilkinson I hope France will have some wood this year. I guess it’s been really hard to finish things
Christine Wilkinson What time is it in SA? Does anyone know?

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I am surprised they haven't already dealt with whatever furnishings left behind
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Hopefully they are things useful for the remaining unfinished rooms
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts been a while since seeing a premiere hard to attend most days
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts I tried on Sunday but didn't find any premiere
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts sorry I haven't been around been busy with work and so tired

Alice Allan Made it to premiere!
Alice Allan Hello everyone
Alice Allan I seem to miss premieres lately, I don’t know if Stephanie changed the schedule!
Alice Allan I’m not the only one asking about a schedule change.
Jenny Willow @Alice Allan Steph has been clear that the change to one vlog a week is temporary for Jan and maybe a bit of February whilst she has a holiday and recovers from advent.
mauri Is there no more videos getting posted on Tuesdays anymore?
Wendy @mauri I was wondering the same thing. No Sundays either.
geenagr Does anyone know if the one video per week is temporary or permanent?
LiaSan Does anyone know if we have a Lalande?

Selmar and Tatty stopped in to drum up some interest but no one asked about their chateau fund raiser.
Selmar & Tatyana Hello from Suffolk England. Selmar
Selmar & Tatyana Happy New Year X
Selmar & Tatyana Hello We are doing fine and having a great time in Suffolk England

👍
Hope Diamond Reminder to hit the like as you come in please

Jason Dubey has a b-day and no one cares...
Jason Dubey How is everyone doing today, on MY BIRTHDAY!!!...LOL
Selmar & Tatyana He Jason
Jason Dubey It's a gorgeous warm and sunny day at the Historic American River Inn in California! The sun came out for me today!
Jason Dubey @Brenda M Thank you! Yes, much wine in the Hot Tub at 5PM tonight! It's only 12:15 here in California!
Jason Dubey Yikes!! That is a mess!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Hello on my 48th Birthday!!! Woohoo! I made it through that horrible 47th year!

Rested, and enjoying themselves...
The Chateau Diaries Hello from South Africa everyone!!!
Jimmy Connolly @the Chateau Diaries everyone is still saying hello
The Chateau Diaries @Jimmy Connolly Hello!!!
Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
The Chateau Diaries @Patrick Journey to the Chateau Yes, being here is wonderful, I love everything about it
annette sharrock @the Chateau Diaries hope you enjoying your vacance
The Chateau Diaries @Annette sharrock I can’t describe how much I’m enjoying it, I really needed it, more than I knew!
The Chateau Diaries @Metronama1 I will reintroduce a shorter intro (with music!) once I’ve made a new one - I’m working on it with @escape to rural France
Philip Janssen @Castle ten Berghe It’s amazing!! I’d never been, but I’m loving it :) How are you?
Philip Janssen @DeAnn P It’s amazing! And yes, for the first time she is mostly relaxing :)

Exciting, Best, Sort, Clear Out... SURE, 👌 IT WILL NEVER BE DONE.
Patrick Journey to the Chateau That would be great if the chateau we buy has attics filled with stuff! I love the way koi think @Lisa Akinlabi
Philip Janssen @Patrick Journey to the Chateau I was so excited!!
Patrick Journey to the Chateau @Philip Janssen Since I was a kid it was something I loved doing. I can totally relate
The Chateau Diaries @AH That’s the best sort of clear out
The Chateau Diaries We’ll have to do the other half of the room when we get back to Lalande!

...ring questions, again...
Ralph Hawi Did anyone notice that both Philip and Stephanie are wearing the same ring on their ring finge not hinting anything … ok maybe hinting a little.
Philip Janssen @Ralph Hawi I see what you’re getting at, but I always wear my grandfather’s ring and Stephanie wears Isabelle’s ring - they just happen to look very similar 😉

🤢 Funny, they are worried about 👇
OneEyeOpen let the old facial steamer go Stephanie it's full of bacteria mold and stuff like that make you sick
Philip Janssen @Oneeyeopen I tried🤷‍♂️
Journey to the Chateau @Philip Janssen I can tell you were very excited about keeping that face steamer.
Philip Janssen @journey to the Chateau Bursting with excitement

How about frozen water balloons???🎈
ashley you should have a water balloon fight and hide in the defenses and when someone walks by drop a water balloon on them
The Chateau Diaries @Ashley Don’t tempt me!

Cara, the frozen pond squatter... Which song, Put A Lid On It???🤔
Cara Winsor Hehir @the Chateau Diaries kevie n i walked down the aisle to squirrel nut zippers!
Cara Winsor Hehir @CasperP ive loved them for ages. kevie and i walked down the aisle to one of their songs!
Cara Winsor Hehir @the Chateau Diaries turn it into a drinks' cabinet?

Jason Dubey is not a fan of the nearby village...
OneEyeOpen I always crack up when I see y'all carry the bread and here in the states we make sure it's wrapped. or at least in a bag
Jason Dubey The poor little village nearby is a little sad
Jason Dubey I walked down that street, if it's the village nearby. Every other shop was vacant and for rent

Time to change the subject....
The Chateau Diaries I’m keeping the tv! It’s under my protection!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries dump the TV!
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Never!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries as Dauphin I command it...lol!
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Let me bow down before you!
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries as you should on my 48th birthday!!!

🤪
Sidra Shirazi Are there any vlogs in the future from South Africa @chateau diaries @philip janssen
Philip Janssen @Sidra Shirazi Definitely! You can except a vlog from me with some very exciting SA brocante finds and a bit of history from me in the next couple of days

...and they are out...
Philip Janssen❤❤❤Thank you all so much!
Isabelle Jarvis Thank you all for joining us and hello to each of you!
...really...
Adelia @the Chateau Diaries I’m amazed at how much Dan has accomplished!
The Chateau Diaries @Adelia He’s doing a great job! I should go away more often!

The Chateau Diaries Good night from South Africa everyone!!!

😥
SeanMcGCostumes Thank you for the wonderful escapism from my dad getting covid and my neighbor passing last night in a fire likely set by robbers. These videos are such a gift in difficult times.

Not a good look, SJ needed to be reminded....
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Happy Birthday!!!

:ROFLMAO:
👇does not buy a lot...
Milagro Guardiola
$0.99
The Chateau Diaries @Milagro Guardiola Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.