Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I am so grateful that this hairy young man is taking time out of his busy day to explain things to me that I have known for longer than he has been alive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
Last CD vlog comments... Ohhhhh How dare they write such nasty stuff ! (0nly 34 minutes ago... it's not been deleted yet).

Ingrid
34 minutes ago
Stephanie the TV should go, it is not something to keep to remember the marquise. Also, the chateau is owned by 3 people and I noticed that when cleaning the attic you are making the decision to keep all your old stuff and when Michael wanted to keep something that he likes, you keep shouting him down saying no, that it is not nice of you.

Roooooooo Another one ! (They must be VERY busy in South Africa...). They stop reading and liking 7 hours ago (no need to read further so)

Sharing the Bounty
6 hours ago
Wow...I don't think I've ever seen and heard Stephanie so bossy. I think she hurt Michael's feelings, a couple of times. She's lucky he was willing to help considering how condescending she was to both men. No one likes to stick around when they're not appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Wow. First time the Chatelaine answers a question about finances on her YouTube comments !
What's happening ??

PS : 15.000 euros per month for people who don't work full-time at the chateau ! I'm no accountant but something is odd, no ?
I am absolutely sure she's paying the cleaning crew Marie France Poupin and Dave only a fee per hour, so no social costs for health care or pension. Without confirmation I assume it's the same with the rest of them, they might bill her their hours. If that is the case, her accountant probably told her she need to put more money aside for when the French government starts asking questions. Now that she has stated she is employing al these people, more publicly than before and verifiable at all times, that moment shouldn't be far ahead.

The Marquis' Fiancee here:

Not sure how many of you follow Downton Abbey's and Disney's Cinderella's, Lily James on Instagram.
I bet many chatelaines are jealous that a real-life Hollywood actress stayed and dined at LaGorce and called it "the most dreamy place."
270214407_2112059115611914_3490017260917355771_n.jpg

1642730365707.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Wtf are they avoiding the camera, are they both really delusional and "famous" to avoid being photograph! She really is showing her snobby side, i'm introverted but it wouldn't hurt to smile for a few photograph.
omg...plastic chairs...no fancy porcelaine..where is the spode...no golden cutlery..no crystal glasses..not even a grand flowerarrangement...where is Marie...no napkinrings..no tablecloth..its a nightmare...no wonder she doesnt like to appear on camera..that middleclass dinner , or is it an indoors bbq..isnt up to Madames standards. :D i bet the old cow put it on FB on purpose..🙄:D snort seems to be in his own habitat..Madame Fanny looks slightly embarrassed....like she is on a visit at her poor relations.. :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Trengilly

VIP Member
The Chateau Diaries
8 hours ago
Hi Dan, I realise you’re not one of our patrons, so you don’t have the same information that they have. My patrons do know that I’m employing many people from the patreon account. It costs me well over €15,000 per month to employ Ian, Amaury, Dan, Kirsty, Nick the Tree Surgeon, Matt, etc. (Nati, Philip, Mary Poppins and Dave are employed, not by Patreon, but from my YouTube revenue). The rest of the monthly account is for materials, equipment (digger, etc), panelling, wallpaper - anything fixed (no furniture). The rest is put aside for the lake fund. As my patrons know, no patreon funds are used towards my travels, clothes, etc. It’s only for work being done to the chateau, including the wages of those working on the chateau. Patreon does not cover any of the chateau’s running costs, which are paid for by me from my YouTube revenue. Sadly, far from lying in bed all day, I spend my time making as many videos as possible in order to renovate Lalande and continue to pay everyone’s wages. I used to do much more physical work around the chateau, but, as you can imagine, my job is now to provide content through filming and editing, to keep everyone around me in work.
Thank you @KiKiGee for posting.

So she’s been spooked - finding it hard to justify your holiday to SA whilst you’re still receiving dollar for renovations?

A lengthy défense too from our Don Jarvis - all hands to panic stations - haha.

SJ, as a former patreon, and current observer via Mojo, I still don’t know how much is going on salaries. We still don’t know about the cost of materials, equipment, panelling and wallpaper - anything fixed. If you’d care to declare your receipts as you’re obliged to do, being an association, you may well avoid this high level of scrutiny, but then again you maybe under even more… Being disorganised with your receipts for your accountant is not only disrespectful for the accountant, but also to your patreons, who expect you to honour your commitments on time and thoroughly. What I’m gathering from Don Jarvis’s response is that the monthly sum is still not substantial enough to see major improvements since she has so many overheads. SJ, maybe you need to look at your employees, and anything fixed (lol), to see whether they are truly cost effective. A long overdue project manager is needed - with a master plan that’s adhered to.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Jules100

VIP Member
Why are we still surprised and disgusted by everything LL & Stephanie related? Living conditions, cleanliness, decision making, lies… Living in a chateau doesn’t make you smart, give you common sense, decency or style. Having ridiculous YouTube & Patreon money that has fallen into your lap from the heavens doesn’t mean you know what you should do with it. Stephanie is a complete train wreck. Every project, tv appearance, video and word that comes out of her mouth proves it over & over again. What’s next? Something that sucks. I guess that’s why I still occasionally watch CD, just to see Stephanie F it up. You tattlers are the only good thing that came from the Chateau Diaries, so for that I say thank you Stephanie!
💩❤💩

• Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
Poor Anmuary - his 'honey do' list got longer with every piece of wood SJ touched in the attic. He now has to::
- build a new window frame
- build bottom for a large dresser
- repair broken down side table
- build new table top for old billiard table legs
- repair window shutters
- build replacement moulding
At this rate Anmuary isn't going to have any chance of finishing the Grand Salon, especially by April. He should stay in Argentina!

• Haha

MojoDublin

VIP Member
More FB photos of SA activities

View attachment 1009917View attachment 1009918

PJ is socializing with Percy's granddaughters who are closer to his age than his mummee girlfriend! The older girl (the brunette) is grade 9 and a competitive surfer! The other granddaughter surfs too.
View attachment 1009920
Seriously is his entire wardrobe from emause???
Has he ever heard of Persil automatic
Or vanish ??

How much is she paying him ??? - there is no instance that he carries off shabby chic

He looks like a homeless bum

Wait
Shit
He actually is homeless and a bum 😈

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
One question I do have is, she said that only her Patreons see her financial statements, but surly this is a load of balls?
Of course it is, a rather smelly load of balls indeed. She never shows her financial statements to anyone (and I would argue not even to her "boyfriend") as she is too ashamed for the mess she has created over time by not paying enough attention. She's not even capable of maintaining the simplest of housekeeping books, let alone be responsible for the employment of so many of her entourage. She can pretend all she wants, my guess is they all know about her monumental f**k ups in the past and don't trust her one little bit when it comes to their payments. IJ kept her under financial guardianship for the longest time because of her disproportionate spending habits, but was kicked aside when SJ started to make "her own money" (read: receive donations from gullible fans).

• Heart
He's also wearing those when he's out and about, well, at the Emmaus that is, because nowadays grocery shopping is beneath the lord of her shittoo and because he is famous he can't just go anywhere (his literal words). He gets a lot of attention with them, and not in a good way...
what!!! he cannot go anywhere because he is famous..you couldnt make it up...omg dont make me laugh..what a nutcase..YT has gotten to his head...omg that guy needs for sure therapy when she knocks him out.. 🙄 I know more famous people who do their own groceries in their local supermarket..what a pretentious pathetic little piece of shit..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Comments from CD's latest flog...

Dan Ellis-Jones

17 hours ago
Although it's interesting to see you doing cleaning up, the stark difference between Dan actually doing repairs and renovations, and you lying in bed and spending hours just looking at things is jarring to me. I guess you need to save up patreon money for big projects, but it would be good to see actual renovations that patreon money is funding. You're in the top 100 patreon accounts in the world aren't you? I know it's happened quickly, but you do need to be more transparent where this money is going.

Cynthia Lambert

16 hours ago
Huh? She goes over and over the projects and frequently makes the rounds showing what is being done. Have you actually watched her vlogs? There are a million repairs and renovations going on there.

Dan Ellis-Jones
16 hours ago
@Cynthia Lambert Not really in comparison to the level of monthly income. My whole house could be renovated with the money she has each month, and has had every month for 2? Years. 18 months definitely. What's been done that's had any big cost? The bathroom was pointlessly expensive. And look at what other chateau owners have done in the same time. Even look at Dan and his place. He definitely has far less YouTube income. And I know any property in London in zone 1 or 2 is AT LEAST £1M.

Kelly Hawes

16 hours ago (edited)
@Dan Ellis-Jones None of us know how much it actually costs to maintain such a large chateau , and pay Dan, Ian,Ian, Nick, Kirsty and others that come to work on both the inside and outside of the chateau. Although we haven't seen much of the work on Gerry's and Michaels apartments, Nati's apartment they are on going. And she has told us she is setting aside money for the chapel restoration as well as the work she had done on the stained glass.

Dan Ellis-Jones
16 hours ago
@Kelly Hawes One of my points is that we SHOULD know. At least Patrons should know. She's getting €30,000 or so each month. She's said it's being spent on renovations. So not salaries, not holidays, not new clothes or china. Philipp and Anna at Fluerie have 1 person. Ed and Anna have 1 person. Stephanie has volunteers. And some people. Now Kirsty and Dan, and some others - if they're being paid from patreon, that's great. But SJ needs to say so.

Kelly Hawes
15 hours ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones I understand your point, but I do think the Patrons do know( I am not one unfortunately) Perhaps you should ask her yourself?

Dan Ellis-Jones
15 hours ago
@Kelly Hawes I think patreon is great. I think micro payments for content makers is great. It takes time and effort to create content. Stephanie makes huge amounts of content. And paying a bit to help save a chateau is fine - if you have spare cash. But SJ has now got significant wealth from patreons, and to be frank, there's not the work being done to warrant it. Also €4k wallpaper is not money well spent. I just want to see or hear about that money being spent on real renovations. There were real works last year, but now nothing. The garden work probably cost about 1 or 2 months patreon, Max. It's difficult. I'd be freaking out a bit if I suddenly got €10k a month from people I didn't know. Tax implications. Moral implications. Temptation to use it on some nice things. It's not easy to just gain wealth like that

B Jorgensen

15 hours ago
@Dan Ellis-Jones are you a patron? Stephanie reviews the budget/finance project plans in her patron videos.

The Chateau Diaries
8 hours ago
Hi Dan, I realise you’re not one of our patrons, so you don’t have the same information that they have. My patrons do know that I’m employing many people from the patreon account. It costs me well over €15,000 per month to employ Ian, Amaury, Dan, Kirsty, Nick the Tree Surgeon, Matt, etc. (Nati, Philip, Mary Poppins and Dave are employed, not by Patreon, but from my YouTube revenue). The rest of the monthly account is for materials, equipment (digger, etc), panelling, wallpaper - anything fixed (no furniture). The rest is put aside for the lake fund. As my patrons know, no patreon funds are used towards my travels, clothes, etc. It’s only for work being done to the chateau, including the wages of those working on the chateau. Patreon does not cover any of the chateau’s running costs, which are paid for by me from my YouTube revenue. Sadly, far from lying in bed all day, I spend my time making as many videos as possible in order to renovate Lalande and continue to pay everyone’s wages. I used to do much more physical work around the chateau, but, as you can imagine, my job is now to provide content through filming and editing, to keep everyone around me in work.

LaReyne

6 hours ago
What I can tell from watching the videos the last couple of years, is she does a fair few late nights editing videos to make sure she delivers on time. So I reckon she's allowed some lie-ins. Though some people are just nighthawks. I've pals who are software developers who seem to do a lot of work in the middle of the night. Maybe cos it's the only time they can get peace to concentrate.

B Jorgensen

19 minutes ago
@LaReyne wow! I'm glad nobody is critiquing my sleep schedule! What is the concern about? People need to find something else to worry about!

LaReyne

14 minutes ago
@B Jorgensen Truth.

• Haha
  • Wow

Jules100

VIP Member
Keeping that old tv is a prime example of how stupid Stephanie is. Where is she going to put it, who would want to watch it? I’m 100% sure it doesn’t work anymore. How disappointed would you be to pay to stay at LL, then see that tv? What an idiot! “Oh, it honors the previous Marquis, I must keep this outdated tv!” You live in his old family home, fix up it’s rotting guts and keep it clean, that would honor his memory. Idiot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I think it costs her, as an employer, a lot more that the amount of their wages. Probably double, for France (social security contributions etc). Hopefully, I won't get in trouble here for saying 'I think' and 'probably' 😉
If she was actually employing these people and paying social security contributions etc, she would also have to follow the French labor laws. Wonder what those laws have to say about not paying volunteers for labor in your for-profit business, sleeping with them, not offering proper contracts to actual employees, not creating a safe working environment etc etc. It would also mean it's not very easy for her to fire an employee, as the French law is notoriously on the side of employees. Which in turn would mean that if she wants out of her not so romantic relationship with the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe, she can't really kick him out. She has created such a hot mess for herself!

I don't know what actually goes on there, but I'm just pointing out those extra costs to the employer, and they aren't optional.
In SJ's universe everything is optional except her wishes and childish sense of supremacy.

• Heart
  • Sad

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
He and Potty largely ignore each other and only speak to one another when it's essential. BJJ tries to sound more masculine when Potty is around but he just looks and acts like the uninformed boy that he is. Whatever we may think of Potty, there's no comparison between them in any way. There is so much more chemistry between Potty and SJ; there never appears to be any chemistry at all between her and BJJ. I can only assume it's beause he enables her and she can indulge herself more with him around. Potty is definitely more likeable. I can't see much to like about Ruthy and I am sure Potty still has feelings for SJ. I wonder if they will ever get back together.
My guess is no. I would say that the chemistry is more like a sister & brother that get on well, they share history and are friends. I think he has hurt her a lot in the past, and I think they have been through the question of children etc...I don't think they want to go back, but are grateful for their friendship. The lack of chemistry on screen with Squirrel nutkin I am sure is deliberately turned off, just like the snorting. They want to keep something to themselves. He probably lets out all the honks and snorts as they are making luuurve.

• Sick
  • Haha

KiKiGee

VIP Member
Brace yourselves..."BJJ on tour: the movie"

View attachment 1012462
Oh good lord. 🤪 This is his description...

Come thrift with me in South Africa - we're hunting for antiques and I find amazing Waterford Crystal pieces!! I also explain the difference between decanting and aerating wine and try a South African 'Sherry' for the first time :)

So, how many years has he been drinking legally??? He is not someone that viewers should take advice from.

• Sick
  • Haha

Espe

VIP Member
I was surprised too that Squirrel Nutkins 'allergies' allowed him to spend so long in the dusty dirty attic, then I realised that no way was he going to leave Fanny up there alone with her ex Potty !
He and Potty largely ignore each other and only speak to one another when it's essential. BJJ tries to sound more masculine when Potty is around but he just looks and acts like the uninformed boy that he is. Whatever we may think of Potty, there's no comparison between them in any way. There is so much more chemistry between Potty and SJ; there never appears to be any chemistry at all between her and BJJ. I can only assume it's because he enables her and she can indulge herself more with him around. Potty is definitely more likeable. I can't see much to like about Ruthy and I am sure Potty still has feelings for SJ. I wonder if they will ever get back together.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick

Trengilly

VIP Member
Health and safety being observed once more..... and right outside of the kitchen doors too. I hope Don Jarvis had the foresight to tell the others not to go outside, but that could have the potential to kill someone, but as long as it's minimal effort for SJ, all is well. Dumb

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 20.32.00.png

This clean out is such a farce. At one point SJ states mirrored tiles haven't been used in 16 years so they need to be binned, and yet she decides to keep a crappy tv of no design importance, wood covings, which she thinks she'll cast new cornices from (yeah right), suspected billiard table legs to build a new table for the attic (get real), amongst many other flights of fancy. Launch it all out the window, maybe Phyllis will be listening to his new squirrel CD on a walkman below... I jest.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41