The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think it was funny. I think they were pushing him around a little bit. I’d be pissed to get a gift like that. It was gross if you ask me. Not that I care about him at all. It was kind of putting him in his place. Treating him like the piece of meat that he is.
U r right...but the numskull didn’t have to continue to wear it...he could’ve snorted...had a laff...and tossed it aside. this way...they made him look the fool...and he doubled down on it. time for him to grow a pair...😎...and stop being the butt of jokes. they mocked him...because they know they can...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
..and stop being the butt of jokes. they mocked him...because they know they can...
He gratefully accepted the role
iMHO
He actually thought that being her boy toy would give him a position of authority

As we’ve been told - it’s a snake pit and survival of the upmost charlatan will succeed

She’s dangled him over a balcony as the baby pup he is
Micheal Jackson at least put a veil over their faces when he paraded his kids !!!

You can only take the piss if the hostess is already doing it behind his back 😈
C8126823-ABEC-4B10-BD79-73A7E65DF113.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On the subject of Sara I want to say I did not start the discussion to body shame her. I try not to comment on peoples looks I may have slipped but I try not to. I felt it was a valid discussion to look at her sewing skills, choice of fabric & fit only because she markets herself as a maker. As some tattlers commented if you call yourself a maker you would probably want to put you best foot forward in showing your finished product. She is planning on launching a business based on hosting events catering to like minded people. So one would hope that you would have some expertise in the area. Most of us were sceptical of their business plan and how they like others attached themselves to SJ. Time will tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think not - the gift was bought by two gay men, who, I'm sure, are aware of the gay iconoclasm that Michaelangelo's David conjures. I think the apron is to both highlight Phyllis's lack of masculinity and hint at his rumoured suppressed queerness. Either way it's designed to humiliate him and it worked - it got SJ laughing

...but this entire game they played with phillie was also indirectly making a fool of SJ...and they called her out but good...the laff was also on her...not sure she got that...but she will...😎

• Heart
I did not think it was funny at all either ….it was tacky and vulgar.
It’s his channel, you’re right ,but have some common decency …even if it was an inside joke keep that in private.
But... Snorts has been bullying people out of Stephanie’s orbit at the Chateau since he has arrived! And seriously going for the low fruit on the tree. I say Karma!! I say Just Desserts!

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
I wasn't sure wheather I should post the link to the ranting lady or not. But now I'm glad I did. I found this lady some time ago when reading through the comments on one of SJ's videos. She posted there a slightly critical comment and I found her name worth clicking on. That's why I found her channel. She posts videos on a daily(?) basis speaking about a lot of stuff. I especially thought it interesting to hear her ranting about English people that complain about so much in France, but on the other hand live in France themselves. And then there came this video....

So, Who am I?
I'm a 70 year old retired teacher, married, one son, four cats, loving to knit, crochet, read or sew while listening/watching a broad variety of YouTube videos.
So one day - I think it still was 2019 - I was recommended her channel. I liked it and watched all of her viedeos from then on and backwards. Soon I was recommended MP's channel that I really loved by then (the very first videos to be clear). I subscribed to him, too. Then I stumbled about all the other chateaux-channels and was sucked in, like an addiction. I even stopped knitting etc, my eyes were only glued to the screen - for months and months, in fact years I just realize.
I really bought into the poor girl scam and believed it. One day - I can't remember when - I thought to myself: Wait, there is something wrong. She says that she hasn't got any money, but then she buys Fortnum & Mason? Wasn't that this expensive tea that I can't afford? I looked it up and yes, it was. Hmmmm, strange. She stays in a London flat that she owns? No, that must be wrong. I must have misunderstood all of that (I'm not a native speaker). What, she travels to Egypt and the Far East, (Vietnam/Kambodia, or what was it)? But she doesn't have any money. How can she do that? Oh, it was all a gift. Okay then.
And then there was all that gifting. She praised the gift as the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, to say the same thing to the next nearly identical gift by another sender. I thought that was quite rude.
At this point I started to read comments, which I had never done in my life before. I wanted to know if there were other people like me who found her behaviour strange. But there were none. It was only praising her in the highest tone. So I thought, okay, it's just me that is strange not her. Little did I know by then.
I even considered to join her patreon and help her out. But they asked me for my credit card details. And being German we older Germans are very reluctant to give somebody our credit card details. Now I'm so glad that this saved me from giving a very rich person my money.
Well, and then there was MP's D&A video. "She stole my design." And I bought it. By then I had started to read the comments and found the mentioning of a special site. I didn't understand the word, so I googled and found tattle. I wanted to read myself what this bad site was writing. The more I read the more my eyes widened, because everything that sounded strange to me was voiced here. I felt so good, no more "I am the strange person who things that is wrong". AND I learned that the video creator could delete posts!!! I didn't know that. Now it made sense to me why there were only positive comments and no critical ones.
After having read here for a few days I joined the site, but until now never had the guts to post. Though there was a time when I was so mad at her that I composed some postings to tattle (in my mind) while cooking dinner but never put it in here. It was the video where Dan got a packet sent especially to him and only to him and she robbed him of some of his gifts. That was the moment I unsubscribed on all chateaux channels. Well, I re-subscribed to Lalasalle, Ferté, Honfleur and Dan again, because I think they really do work. But all of the rest - I don't want to give them my - indirect - money via subscribtion.
Regarding previous threads: I started reading at the end of the #20s till #30. Then I thought that I had to start to read from the beginning. I read #1 to #4 and thought: Let's look what is written up now in #30 - only to discover that you were at #34 already. That's when I decided to stop reading the old threads, because I couldn't keep up with you any more -reading the old AND the new one.

Well, that's my story. I'm sorry that it's a bit long. AND I apologize if I used a word that might have offended you in US or UK (like somebody did unwillingly in an earlier post). As I stated I'm not a native speaker and my English isn't that good.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
That’s a good point. We never want to dehumanize anyone, including Snorts. He may not know, right? That’s why he needs to get out, finish his degree or not, pursue theater or not, get therapy and explore other relationships to create his own life. I don’t want to think about the toxicity in that relationship, all on camera. He is going to be a very bitter person staying on his current path. There’s still time to un-arrest his development.
...must say...sometimes I do feel bad for him. imo...he is in that in-between stage...when he is done with this...or SJ dumps him...he will realize all...and be embarrassed....so ia completely...he is human...he is very young...and deserves some compassion...

SJ should really be ashamed of herself...for being ...well...her...

Reactions: 19
RE: Her doubts regarding SJ's unflamboyant signature - mine matches. I think it's her handwriting, but interesting to note she no longer writes her messages out by hand. All I can think is that she really has shown favour towards me and forgiven my terse tine of questioning all those weeks ago (means a lot SJ hugs and kisses) or, most likely, her hand hurt and she thought duck this bullshit - Natty get the printer ready.

I do completely agree with dearest Kathy's sentiments - spot on!

View attachment 983714View attachment 983715

What a Queen?!

View attachment 983731
View attachment 983735
Yes she was a HOOT!

Reactions: 13
Welcome @Elba2008 , so glad that you've seen the light and joined us on here. Your English is very good and I look forward to reading more of your comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
[
I detest Conan, but here's a fun clip:
Great that DVD sends himself up by owning the 'worse Cockney accent in History'. I can imagine he's taken alot of stick about it over the years, especially the immortal line "Allo Mary Poppins'. Such a great film mind you. I can sing (!) all the words to most of the songs to this day.

Reactions: 8
On the subject of Sara I want to say I did not start the discussion to body shame her. I try not to comment on peoples looks I may have slipped but I try not to. I felt it was a valid discussion to look at her sewing skills, choice of fabric & fit only because she markets herself as a maker. As some tattlers commented if you call yourself a maker you would probably want to put you best foot forward in showing your finished product. She is planning on launching a business based on hosting events catering to like minded people. So one would hope that you would have some expertise in the area. Most of us were sceptical of their business plan and how they like others attached themselves to SJ. Time will tell.

From my perspective, it seems that everything she does, it's like she's trying to do it for the very first time, She seems hard working and enthusiastic while willing to try new things. With all that said, she seems to me to have no talent. Ok, so maybe now I have shamed her for lack of talent. Is talent shaming verboten, or is only body shaming verboten?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Thank you all for your warm welcome.
I wasn't sure wheather I should post the link to the ranting lady or not. But now I'm glad I did. I found this lady some time ago when reading through the comments on one of SJ's videos. She posted there a slightly critical comment and I found her name worth clicking on. That's why I found her channel. She posts videos on a daily(?) basis speaking about a lot of stuff. I especially thought it interesting to hear her ranting about English people that complain about so much in France, but on the other hand live in France themselves. And then there came this video....

So, Who am I?
I'm a 70 year old retired teacher, married, one son, four cats, loving to knit, crochet, read or sew while listening/watching a broad variety of YouTube videos.
So one day - I think it still was 2019 - I was recommended her channel. I liked it and watched all of her viedeos from then on and backwards. Soon I was recommended MP's channel that I really loved by then (the very first videos to be clear). I subscribed to him, too. Then I stumbled about all the other chateaux-channels and was sucked in, like an addiction. I even stopped knitting etc, my eyes were only glued to the screen - for months and months, in fact years I just realize.
I really bought into the poor girl scam and believed it. One day - I can't remember when - I thought to myself: Wait, there is something wrong. She says that she hasn't got any money, but then she buys Fortnum & Mason? Wasn't that this expensive tea that I can't afford? I looked it up and yes, it was. Hmmmm, strange. She stays in a London flat that she owns? No, that must be wrong. I must have misunderstood all of that (I'm not a native speaker). What, she travels to Egypt and the Far East, (Vietnam/Kambodia, or what was it)? But she doesn't have any money. How can she do that? Oh, it was all a gift. Okay then.
And then there was all that gifting. She praised the gift as the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, to say the same thing to the next nearly identical gift by another sender. I thought that was quite rude.
At this point I started to read comments, which I had never done in my life before. I wanted to know if there were other people like me who found her behaviour strange. But there were none. It was only praising her in the highest tone. So I thought, okay, it's just me that is strange not her. Little did I know by then.
I even considered to join her patreon and help her out. But they asked me for my credit card details. And being German we older Germans are very reluctant to give somebody our credit card details. Now I'm so glad that this saved me from giving a very rich person my money.
Well, and then there was MP's D&A video. "She stole my design." And I bought it. By then I had started to read the comments and found the mentioning of a special site. I didn't understand the word, so I googled and found tattle. I wanted to read myself what this bad site was writing. The more I read the more my eyes widened, because everything that sounded strange to me was voiced here. I felt so good, no more "I am the strange person who things that is wrong". AND I learned that the video creator could delete posts!!! I didn't know that. Now it made sense to me why there were only positive comments and no critical ones.
After having read here for a few days I joined the site, but until now never had the guts to post. Though there was a time when I was so mad at her that I composed some postings to tattle (in my mind) while cooking dinner but never put it in here. It was the video where Dan got a packet sent especially to him and only to him and she robbed him of some of his gifts. That was the moment I unsubscribed on all chateaux channels. Well, I re-subscribed to Lalasalle, Ferté, Honfleur and Dan again, because I think they really do work. But all of the rest - I don't want to give them my - indirect - money via subscribtion.
Regarding previous threads: I started reading at the end of the #20s till #30. Then I thought that I had to start to read from the beginning. I read #1 to #4 and thought: Let's look what is written up now in #30 - only to discover that you were at #34 already. That's when I decided to stop reading the old threads, because I couldn't keep up with you any more -reading the old AND the new one.

Well, that's my story. I'm sorry that it's a bit long. AND I apologize if I used a word that might have offended you in US or UK (like somebody did unwillingly in an earlier post). As I stated I'm not a native speaker and my English isn't that good.
Welcome again and there's absolutely no reason to apologize, your English sounds pretty perfect to me. So does your story, very relatable for many of us and I would like to add that even when you would have met her in person, you would have still fallen for her stories because she's that good at telling them. I'm just really happy there are many more people like you who still have a mind of their own and can tell when things are off. Hope to read many more of your posts!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
...must say...sometimes I do feel bad for him. imo...he is in that in-between stage...when he is done with this...or SJ dumps him...he will realize all...and be embarrassed....so ia completely...he is human...he is very young...and deserves some compassion...

SJ should really be ashamed of herself...for being ...well...her...
I agree with you, in that sometimes, I too feel badly for him. He is very young immature, and inexperienced, and IMHO often doesn't know how to act or react.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Most puzzling to me is why Fanny emptied a huge, historical body of water on the say-so of a local or state pseudo authority, to do with new European Union laws. Without contacting lawyers, environmentalists, historians, geologists etc. Nope, I was told to empty it, immediately, so i DID !!!! 😮

I have a vacation home in Italy, with a garage and separate apartment above it. When i went to the Comune to see about enlarging the apartment, I was told that it did NOT appear on their plans, that it was 'abusivo' and that i had 90 days to demolish it completely! Shock.

However, i did not run to Brico and buy a sledgehammer and begin demo. I went to lawyers, geometers, begged the mayor, wheedled and eventually paid a fine and kept it. I was younger than SJ at the time but, now having seen how completely useless nic and pottsy are, (drinking wine while the lackeys cleaned up the collapsed ceiling). perhaps, they advised her to pull the plug.

Just another of her nonsensical actions which others are now expected to pay for. How she could not have understood that restoring the lake is a massive undertaking indicates she is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I subscribed .. pushed the bell
And …. The like button

😂😂😂😂😂
😈
I did too... let's get her subs up...🥰

Maybe you haven't been too involved with what's going on in the HMN, but to give the Snorting Squirrel an apron with a naked David on it is to give him a gift with a much broader context than simple fun. Evrybody - not just us but SJ's fanbase as well, assumed The Cameling Toe is gay, remember? Some of us are still not convinced he's not...
Even SJ thought he was until he went in for a kiss 💋. Oh to be a fly 🪰 on the wall when that conversation took place.

If they call into Emmaeus on the way to their Patreon Day they can buy it back for a euro and give it to her again - but in person :)
I'm surprised she didn't blame Sabina & Russian Marie for moving the plate when they were sorting out the crockery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
@Elba2008 YES! you reminded me of that very peculiar grabby incident with the diamond head drill bit gifted to Dan and was probably the most valuable thing in the package. The claws flashed out and she trilled "ooh i know who needs this!". Dan asked, incredulously, 'who' ?? 'Philly' she screeched, 'he wants to make cake stands out of plates'! Dan rolled his eyes (rather subtley). Why she left that in the vlog, is a mystery. And, also added to my little pile of criticisms.

All of you tattlers who write so perfectly, in english, with it not being your mother tongue, are VERY impressive. certainly includes you Elba. I mangle italian and murder german. :(

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The reason S and S had to stand in the kitchen looking awkward while Curtis filmed the ragu cooking, was because their hostess just left them there and no one bothered to take them to their room. After a 2.5hr drive, they would have wanted to settle in; SJ is a terrible hostess!

...I think she didn’t know how to proceed...the way they barged in...mainly Steve...and ingratiatingly gave his gifts...because of his hard on for SJ...and his need for her attention...was embarrassing. both should’ve simply said hello...and backed out...graciously...and waited for the cooking to be at least at a pause...the Italian partner was clearly annoyed at the interruption...

...just glad it wasn’t an American who did that...😏

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She was not told
Most puzzling to me is why Fanny emptied a huge, historical body of water on the say-so of a local or state pseudo authority, to do with new European Union laws. Without contacting lawyers, environmentalists, historians, geologists etc. Nope, I was told to empty it, immediately, so i DID !!!! 😮
She was not told to empty her lake by any local or State authorities. She received an official letter asking the owners to upgrade their lake and comply to the new EU regulations re. water system in Europe - like thousands of other lakes owners did.

The letter must have mentioned a fine in case the owners didn't comply to the new regulations.

I asked her in her comments section (she was still answering her viewers at the time) if she did receive a written order to empty her lake (as I was really skeptical knowing how the French administration works). Her answer was clear : no, she didn't receive any written official letter to do so.

Instead of panicking, she should have met the local mayor, the local deputé and the local Water Police to get to an agreement and get some State, European or Regional allowances to help her financially if necessary, It was possible at the time within these new European regulations.

@Clara Burnett told us that Dana's ex-partner gave Steph all these advices... : what to do, who to meet etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.