The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE PENSION PLANS OR GOVERNMENT RETIREMENT PLANS HERE
Just to clarify this statement, if you work for the government, such as myself as a public school teacher, you do indeed get a very nice pension in the US. Police and firefighters also get extremely nice pensions as do those that make the military their career. Also, I think the amount you put down for private insurance may be overstated. It's very possible to get good private insurance for much less. Yes, many countries do have great public health systems and they pay for it with their higher taxes. The homeless problem is indeed a sad situation, not just here in the US, but in many countries around the world. It's also possible for US citizens in good standing to immigrate to more socialized countries in order to take advantage of their generous health systems. 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The Flueries aren't hoarders, they have a more refined taste and don't over stuff their rooms with cheap Emaus/Brocante crap. The Fleuries are quality over quality, which is the polar oppositie of SJ & the shitoo!
Yes, they don't seem like big splurgers but they still invest in better quality looking items than SJ who splurges on lots of cheap emmaus galore, and over expensive things that won't add any value to the chateau as of for right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ok so @Jikki2 the scissors totally make sense now with your last profile photo and the superimposed hedge. You’re a Fagin of gigolos but with a penchent for topiary. I like it, a nice mix.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was unaware of PJ's dramatic entry into the farmhouse vlogs until yesterday, but now that I have learned this titbit, it only strengthens my beliefs that this guy is one nasty piece of tit. It is obvious that he researched Fanny and company long before his arrival. Once he started the snorting and unending talking over people I quickly ceased watching the vlogs. But what I find very sinister about him, is that he now appears to be picking off anyone in close proximity to Fanny. I will repeat what I have said in previous threads, but this situation will not end well.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
My favourite renovators are Tim & Rebecca at Chateau de La Ruche. I just love their taste
Pretty interior and she writes well but they’re rather bland on camera and he’s a bit of dork - always getting an ear-bashing from her which makes her likes nag - even though he obviously needs a kick up the backside .

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just watched another exciting instalment of Ryan’s low budget properties for sale in France. Still quite interesting and obviously some good bargains to be had. Why on earth he is talking like Sir David Attenborough but with a south London accent? It’s a bit weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@Shannaswood right? I mean it's sooooo expensive! So expensive for just a short while to get over there!
Right? AND SHE NEVER has a single FRENCH person woek for her!! I mean doesn't that piss off a single French person? My husband speaks French and has French family, and THANK THE LORD we never went over there and thought of saying "hey you should meet her" they would have been MORTIFIED!! he says her accent is TERRIBLE!! Worse than an Americans!! 🤣 He wants to know where they labor law people are? He cannot believe she has gotten away with it for so long!
Personnaly I don't care if she employs english or french citizens or if they speak french fluently or not. They wouldn't be the first one to live like that. They're over there in their dump in the middle of nowhere, an area famous to be the no man's land because of the rural exodus. They're not hurting anyone living their little secluded life together (well, they weren't untill they decided to form a cult obviously). And that's how diasporas work in every country and no matter what culture. Mary Poppins is french. The landscape guy is belgian, the architect lady is french...

Really interested in hearing other people opinions on SJ's french. I think she's fine, really. I wouldn'y expect her to have a perfect french accent, I personnaly think the british accent is very charming. That being said, she might be playing on that, knowing her :p But I feel like we French like to criticize english natives for never learning french, and when they do it's like they have to be perfect. Never enough :rolleyes: We make fun of everyone accent though, north en France "chti" accent, east of france "alsacien" accent, belgians, swiss...
End of rant.

Pretty interior and she writes well but they’re rather bland on camera and he’s a bit of dork - always getting an ear-bashing from her which makes her likes nag - even though he obviously needs a kick up the backside .
It's really timeless indeed ❤ EDIT: sorry, quoted the wrong comment. I haven't watched their channel but love their interior.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Time to do something about that unflattering hairstyle. Why or why, do so many women think that pulling their hair back like a ballerina is a good look? Especially with that massive forehead and very flabby face. I absolutely can't stand this kind of knickknack overload. I can see why she is so attracted to the LaLande style of home decor. She is the epitome of an old biddy!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It was definitely Teabag who was left moping around after Andrew left.
That reminds me what @Jeeves posted on the previous thread and I have to say that I don't know if Teabag has flitted off to Spain again. It wouldn't surprise me and maybe I'll hear about it if he tries to impose himself among the circuit boys again.
Wow @Jikki2 - loving the new look! :love:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just watched another exciting instalment of Ryan’s low budget properties for sale in France. Still quite interesting and obviously some good bargains to be had. Why on earth he is talking like Sir David Attenborough but with a south London accent? It’s a bit weird.
I noticed his new voice too...

Cos I wanted to know which other "bargain" he had found. OMG he should stop : his followers are saying that houses in France are so cheap... without understanding where they are located and in which conditions they really are.

The first house (17.000 euros something) he found for example : no running water, no electricity, no garden (a garden 50 meters away), semi detached, no kitchen and no bathroom.

As the ad says : you need to "create" your own kitchen and bathroom... which says a lot.

And all this in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere in the middle of Mayenne.

The second house (28.000 euros something)... welll... there is almost no photos except one which shows a room untouched since WWII (and maybe well before) !

Interestingly, he said in this video that his top budget is 100.000 euros ?!!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Ryan is up to no good. He is trying to rope in somebody to buy with him - they put up the money and he does the work. Or - he's just trying to rip off new victims. the man is creapy and a crook. He and Billy are two rotten peas in a pod. What happened to his Thai girlfriend? It was a pay-for-play relationship. Once the money ran out she left - just like Michael and Andrew.

• Wow
  • Haha
I noticed his new voice too...

Cos I wanted to know which other "bargain" he had found. OMG he should stop : his followers are saying that houses in France are so cheap... without understanding where they are located and in which conditions they really are.

The first house (17.000 euros something) he found for example : no running water, no electricity, no garden (a garden 50 meters away), semi detached, no kitchen and no bathroom.

As the ad says : you need to "create" your own kitchen and bathroom... which says a lot.

And all this in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere in the middle of Mayenne.

The second house (28.000 euros something)... welll... there is almost no photos except one which shows a room untouched since WWII (and maybe well before) !

Interestingly, he said in this video that his top budget is 100.000 euros ?!!
I think it was during first lockdown that we saw a lot of those little secluded villages getting a lot of young couples moving in and opening back the town's local bar, boucherie, boulangerie etc... It would be such a dream to see people repopulate these lost places. But in reality I think it must be so hard to get electricity, water and internet that not a lot of people are willing to take the risk. U have to be really lucky to find a gem, most of the time the roof is rotten, the walls are damp... better off building a whole new house in the end.
It'll be interesting to see him take on this challenge though.
I would never dare isolating myself in such secluded areas because I think when I'm old the lack of doctors, the lack of transports etc will be a problem... But if you buy young then it's a good opportunity I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ryan is up to no good. He is trying to rope in somebody to buy with him - they put up the money and he does the work. Or - he's just trying to rip off new victims. the man is creapy and a crook. He and Billy are two rotten peas in a pod. What happened to his Thai girlfriend? It was a pay-for-play relationship. Once the money ran out she left - just like Michael and Andrew.
i watched some more and he said she was asleep and he didn’t want to wake her. We only have his word for this though🤔. He says that was why he was whispering!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ryan has no money and no credit. He ran off to Thailand for some unknown reason, maybe he was running away from something or someone. He is a scammer, a leach and a con artist. Don't be fooled by him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dawny last uploaded two months ago. But then again she has a job, unlike Rien...
Sir Trotter made a cameo appearance in Bully's vlog. He has acquired a gold watch from WWII, but it is broke, so now he has to go to Rennes to have it fixed. Also, he has been sick, that's why there have been radio silence from him. Geee, what an opportune time to show up, just as tattlers were questioning your whereabouts...
Lastly, lovely comb over... show us that receding hairline.
Hmm.png

• Haha
  • Heart
There’s no such thing as a “British accent” guys 👍🏻 X
When she speaks french she has an accent. An english speaker accent should I say? As someone else's said, the american accent of someone speaking in french is not the same (and all americans don't have the same accent neither I know). SJ has a british accent when she speaks in french. At the end of the day, weither I come from north of France or from south of france, when I speak english I still have a french accent lol. You can't hear the subtilities of my northen french accent when I speak english I think.
A noticable difference would be if someone rolls the r or not for example, then it would translate in another language if you're not aware of it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
My favourite only from the point of view of the work they do on their property, I only follow them on insta so no idea of the dynamics between them !

MPK's hairline is receding faster than Andrew legging it from Begmania ! 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My favourite only from the point of view of the work they do on their property, I only follow them on insta so no idea of the dynamics between them !

MPK's hairline is receding faster than Andrew legging it from Begmania ! 😁
My favourite line in this thread today! 👏👏👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.