The Chateau Diaries #105 The grift that keeps on giving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said it was her attempt at recreating the marvellous Mrs Maisel’s cocktail dress. She did admit to having problems with the arm area I do believe. This may be the inspiration.
Mrs Shrek should mock one up in muslin and then use her final fabric once she has her fit down. Even an old flat sheet would work. The pattern looks like dupioni silk or something similar. She should put on a 3/4 length sleeve though, short sleeves don’t look good bisecting bat wing arms. (The reason I use hand weights twice a day, Ty genetics).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It is credible and absolutely scandalous that she does not know this. Or didn't until Davey showed her the map. Thanks for the name.
She's been told over and over again, even way before Davey entered her universe. Dana's former boyfriend even brought her a copy of the map and a list of things to do and who to talk to. This was years and years ago, but the princess is running on a different time-schedule and only wants to deal with things that spark her joy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I can't quite make out Tony InLosAngeles' MO. He seems to take the piss out of the Chateau folk but is also all over the chats interacting with them??
i remember him starting on Dan’s vlog, where he quickly became a comedy duo with Johnny Cannelloni.
Or Jimmy?

some time later he started posting very aggressively anti-lala stuff, some of them very disgusting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Rich Americans wouldn't buy that heap! They would buy something nice and have it professionally restored and decorated. This chateau is like many have commented on here, just an ugly old farmhouse/hunting lodge/collection of rambling buildings attached to each other. It will never ever be a grand chateau because it never was.
I don’t know, I think people buy dreams. A fancy hunting lodge in France? For some people the worse you make it sound, the more likely they are to buy it. I’d never buy it but I know 3 people who would like the challenge.

Clara is right though, the shitoo is woven into Fannys dna now. Where would she hide from reality?

Reactions: 12
Listen to the way Dana pronounces 's' in a word. Goat cheese cooking video will do. A Dutch persons pronunciation of s in a word is very distinctive and unique. It's the same with Marie Wiik and 'th' - is common in Sweden & Norway to pronounce th as a hard t.
I work with Holland and speak to Dutch people often ;)(y)
If you browse back a few pages you can read my comment about Dan's flog and that it revealed both Kim Raad and Dana were in the kitchen (not on camera, but you can hear them both and I got confirmation they were both there).

Reactions: 30
WARNING Italian Night at the Chateau CRWoodside thumbnail is awful, just about to start watching.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
@purejuice? Now reincarnated as a new Tattler.

BTW have you seen your neighbor Nicholas Fairford lately?
Oh it could be !
Sadly not 🤨 but I’ve hardly been out the past few weeks. I’m
Hoping to accidentally 😉 bump into him soon

I can't quite make out Tony InLosAngeles' MO. He seems to take the piss out of the Chateau folk but he's also all over the chats interacting with them??
I’ve had a few arguments with him on YouTube. He’s a bleeping weirdo !

Reactions: 15
I thought the same thing, only it was a different situation, and with Nic. Philip was running around trying to make Nic and Marie's place comfortable before their Christmas visit a few videos ago. Hanging up pictures, fussing around like an old woman.
All I could think of was here is the current lover taking care of the past long-term boyfriend. Does Philip even think about what he is doing? Or does his need to please have no limits.
It's hard to tell if it's creepy sex quadrangles, or he's sucking up wildly to the other influential chateau owner and his well-to-do, sharp business lady wife. Given how sexy I think SmolPuppiesO'Love are not, and how hott Toe Boy thinks shopping is, I'd weigh in on the latter possibility.

Reactions: 6
I’m a Gog and I certainly don’t speak like that! She should try a Cofi accent 😂

I speak Welsh fluently and have been leaning Scots Gaelic, it’s not in the same family as Welsh but some of the words are similar. I understand Cornish more 😎
Weren't the Bretons and the Corns (?) trading tin for bronze in pre historic times? Like, paddling back and forth in their coracles? And then down through the rivers of France?

Reactions: 1
I am a few pages behind, I just wanted to share this screenshot of Phyllis' deceptive nature from GAG.
Nutty and him taking an extra rosé gummy and then making that shh gesture - it may be all fun and laughs, but considering his jealous vindictive streak and gaslighting, then it becomes a bit eerie. And to leave it in the video... What cheek!
Deceptive.png

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
When you see photos of their old parties I always get that feel - group sex. They just seem the type, probably along with a bit of snorting.
Libertines. That explains the Cape d'Agde flat. No judgement though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Definitely check out the video from the costume team as they made the dress in 3 fabrics and a couple of them were not as dramatic, but they were all still appropriate fabric choices for a cocktail dress.

She definitely needs more practice especially on finishing techniques (*she has no business teaching people how to sew but could hire someone else to run a sewing event). There are many even on instagram that I have saved , they are good to just try to do with scrap fabric to hone your skills rather than butchering good fabric. Brave to make and wear, when I was just learning to sew, if something was not quite as I envisioned it, back to the fabric heap it would go, I would not dare to wear in public. But then again that's the Leo in me :rolleyes:
Back when she and Shrek were touting the history bound costume sewing workshop at a chateau in an unspecified location, one of the more startling features (aside from no fixed address and €2300 price tag) was that the sewists isolated in the countryside, alone with Steve in his Hugh Hefner bathrobe and trembling Sarah, would have no instructor. They tried to bill it as liberating to teach yourself and your fellow morons. Now to know she doesn't know the bottom of a sewing pattern from the top (DUDE PANTS HAVE LEGS <---------get a clue!) is the cherry on the sundae of the old grift. And actually suggests cognitive distortion of a clinical nature. Holy crap.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I just looked at Brenda's postings. If she is a typical example of SJ's fans and patrons, it just demonstrates how unaware these people are of the vast differences between them and the people they worship. You can see from BG's posts that she is not very well educated. At least, her use of English grammar and spelling would suggest that. Also, her taste; the things she owns; her table settings, etc., say a lot about her. People like Brenda are delusional. Steph appreciates these people only because they fund her lifestyle. If it were not for that, there is no way that she would have any social interaction with them. They would never, ever, be part of her inner social circle, and neither she, nor her mother, would have anything to do with them if they did not want their continued support. The only person in the inner circle who remotely resembles a lot of these fans, is Gerry, and he is tolerated for obvious reasons. In some ways, BG and her ilk are to be pitied as they are needy, and the connection with the "famous/glamorous" Steph, meets their need. They have no idea that they are being exploited and don't realise how dismissive the wealthy Jarvis's would be if they encountered them in any other situation.
A perceptive view of the English class system . Those with real class would be scathing of social-climbing Stuffmeme and her Ma. Ironically, some with neither money nor blue blood, can have ‘class’ and that can come with neither wealth nor background. Its just about having style.

I love that quote from Barbara Cartland to writer Jilly Cooper, who when asked by her “did the class system in England still exist ?” Dame Barbara imperiously replied “ of course it doesn’t, otherwise I wouldn’t be talking to you …”

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
No Manners and Fakers have a new flog...

View attachment 982733

View attachment 982743

A Look at Stephen's Paintings in the Chateau | Manor & Maker
Jan 11, 2022
Sara seems to have difficulty in choosing the correct fabric for the pattern. Remember she did the same with her regency dress. In this case however she bought the fabric at an outdoor antique fair. She described it as vintage linen. There were tons of other choices. She may benefit from learning about fabrics and their applications. Pattern companies used to put suggested fabrics for their particular patterns. Don’t know if they do that anymore.
Maybe her goal for hosting costume making events is so she can learn as well.
@Aquablue thanks for sharing the video it was very interesting.
I am an intermediate sewist, and recall many a mess made by not following the fabric recs on the back of the pattern. The Maisel pattern is very pretty but not an easy sew. Just watching Bernadette Banner drape an elaborate bodice on a mannequin -- style lines!!!!! Who knew!!!!! Deffo that Maisel bodice needs to be fitted carefully on a mannequin. Not a dummy. Bwahahaha.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.