The Bucket List Family - they want your cash!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something that makes me laugh is; each family member has an account on Instagram and for example when "Cali" posts something "Dorothy", "Manila", and the family main account all comment and like and talk to each other.

In reality, it is Garettt talking to himself from all of these accounts except Jess'.

I know it's part of the job but it makes me laugh so much.
You’re right but I actually think it’s Jess that controls all the insta accounts including the main one and Garrett does the YouTube videos

Reactions: 2
I totally get pushing beyond our comfort zone. But tht needs to be at an age where they understand what a comfort zone is. Taking Cali surfing on his back in the moonlight is beyond stupid. What if a wave took them out, he is water confident but he cant swim, the child would be dead. Not to mention them wanting money. I swear there was a vlog or insta saying that the $54m he got for selling an app, they have never touched but are willling to take money off strangers x

Reactions: 5
Worldschooling can be done really well and you can see people putting in the effort to educate their kids whilst travelling on other channels but these kids are never in school and when they are traveling we hardly ever see them do things that are historical or cultural. It's just endless luxury hotels and swimming/snorkeling.

It would be lovely to see them take them to like a children's museum or something like that just for them. I think there were occasional museums (i feel like there was a car one in germany) and more things like that in their earlier vlogs when they were more watchable but they seem to not do those sorts of things at all anymore.
Completely agree. And a big part of what makes worldschooling successful (full disclosure: I’m skeptical about it) when it does succeed is the ability for kids to build on & consolidate previous knowledge. This could work in 2 ways, comparatively (ie children’s museum in country B leads to a discussion of how it’s different from the lives of children or a particular aspect of country A) or - better - cumulatively. But since they’re never anywhere for very long, they’re not acquiring any in-depth knowledge of anywhere or anything. The other big part of successful worldschooling is a core curriculum which is the same wherever you are, to give kids consistency and make sure they are just getting the core skills they need to interpret the info in the different countries (eg maths so differences in currency, cost of travel, standard of living etc becomes comprehensible to them; literacy so they can learn other languages too, keep diaries) and, you know, maybe get a job one day.

Reactions: 1
Completely agree. And a big part of what makes worldschooling successful (full disclosure: I’m skeptical about it) when it does succeed is the ability for kids to build on & consolidate previous knowledge. This could work in 2 ways, comparatively (ie children’s museum in country B leads to a discussion of how it’s different from the lives of children or a particular aspect of country A) or - better - cumulatively. But since they’re never anywhere for very long, they’re not acquiring any in-depth knowledge of anywhere or anything. The other big part of successful worldschooling is a core curriculum which is the same wherever you are, to give kids consistency and make sure they are just getting the core skills they need to interpret the info in the different countries (eg maths so differences in currency, cost of travel, standard of living etc becomes comprehensible to them; literacy so they can learn other languages too, keep diaries) and, you know, maybe get a job one day.
But they have jobs already, they’re travelling journalists 😂

I wonder if the two older kids struggle when in a typical school setting, focus and structure etc.

Reactions: 3
I really hope not for their kids sake. How any parent can think it’s good for their children when their daughter is crying because she doesn’t have a best friend is beyond me. They need to put a hold on it until they are least a bit older.

If they were going to move anywhere it should be somewhere that their kids already have friends. Dorothy was so happy when they went to see Claire Crosby in Seattle and I think they also have similarly aged cousins back in Utah. Completely uprooting them right now I think would be so bad for them. Dorothy just wants a best friend and that should be completely heartbreaking for both parents who have dragged her around the world for years.

Reactions: 6
It is completely heartbreaking that the poor kid is so desperate for friends. That Crosby friendship is so fake though… I can’t stand that channel either. Everything these YouTubers do is calculated for views.

The kids now need stability and structure in their lives..My heart breaks for Dorothy..and soon the boys will want their own friends too....How they can't see this is beyond me...

Reactions: 6
It is completely heartbreaking that the poor kid is so desperate for friends. That Crosby friendship is so fake though… I can’t stand that channel either. Everything these YouTubers do is calculated for views.
Everything both families does is for views but honestly I think the kids having friends that are also on YouTube is good for them if this is going to be their life, I can't imagine what it's like to have your whole life online and I think that it would be good for them to have someone who can understand the whole weirdness and that they can relate more to. Also if you both have to film and travel then there isn't the whole feeling left behind thing which could quite easily get you ditched for a new best friend.

Reactions: 5
Seems like the children are going to school now.

It is interesting that they don't make a big deal out of it, instead, the video is full of surfing and other random stuff.

They’ve been going to school since they moved to Hawaii. They just have long extended breaks which I’m sure isn’t helpful at all

Reactions: 1
Ok so I've been traveling around Thailand for the last 6 months and during that time I have watched loads of travel vlogs, but after a while I noticed that they fall into 3-4 categories, and each one is designed to manipulate the audience into clicks and views via clickbait images, deceptive titles, or just ridiculously faked content. I agree with the analysts who say social media is broken - FB was about connecting people, now it's Big Brother listening through your phone and trying to monetise your every move. YouTube used to be funny videos or how-to videos, now it's largely vloggers trying to monetise their travel videos.
I literally just heard about The Bucket List Family and agree with all the comments here. Dysfunctional Dad who admits to having family issues but instead of doing what the rest of us did and gotten counseling, is acting out his issues on YouTube.
I get why some people followed them, but I haven't watched one of their videos and won't. It's all so hideously twee and fake. What stunned me though was reading about the knee injury cliffhanger video. Not only that dad's actions were reprehensible, but that people were actually losing sleep over worry about the mom's health. Seriously?? If you are *that* invested in the lives of people you don't even know, you have issues.
Another thing to note is that there is a lot of media about how much money they have raised for charity, but the fact is that rich people never give their own money away. Even Princess Di never gave any of her money when she was raising money for her landmine charity. The BLF certainly aren't giving any of their money to these charity's. Have I raised 10 mil for a charity? No. Have I given more money to charity than them. Yep.
There is a ton of good travel content out there - Jack Whitehall Travels With My Father on Netflix for example. Why anyone would watch this drek let alone get emotionally invested in it is beyond me (just don't understand it - not judging anyone). Also I've given up watching Thailand travel vlogs because they are all as bad as BLF. Life is too short etc

Reactions: 4
Ok so I've been traveling around Thailand for the last 6 months and during that time I have watched loads of travel vlogs, but after a while I noticed that they fall into 3-4 categories, and each one is designed to manipulate the audience into clicks and views via clickbait images, deceptive titles, or just ridiculously faked content. I agree with the analysts who say social media is broken - FB was about connecting people, now it's Big Brother listening through your phone and trying to monetise your every move. YouTube used to be funny videos or how-to videos, now it's largely vloggers trying to monetise their travel videos.
I literally just heard about The Bucket List Family and agree with all the comments here. Dysfunctional Dad who admits to having family issues but instead of doing what the rest of us did and gotten counseling, is acting out his issues on YouTube.
I get why some people followed them, but I haven't watched one of their videos and won't. It's all so hideously twee and fake. What stunned me though was reading about the knee injury cliffhanger video. Not only that dad's actions were reprehensible, but that people were actually losing sleep over worry about the mom's health. Seriously?? If you are *that* invested in the lives of people you don't even know, you have issues.
Another thing to note is that there is a lot of media about how much money they have raised for charity, but the fact is that rich people never give their own money away. Even Princess Di never gave any of her money when she was raising money for her landmine charity. The BLF certainly aren't giving any of their money to these charity's. Have I raised 10 mil for a charity? No. Have I given more money to charity than them. Yep.
There is a ton of good travel content out there - Jack Whitehall Travels With My Father on Netflix for example. Why anyone would watch this drek let alone get emotionally invested in it is beyond me (just don't understand it - not judging anyone). Also I've given up watching Thailand travel vlogs because they are all as bad as BLF. Life is too short etc
I just love your comparison between BLF and Jack Whitehall. Now THATS a good show!

Much better to see the children having normal birthday parties with other children in attendance. I really hope they will consider traveling only on school holidays but I have a feeling Garett is already restless and craving travel.

They live in Hawaii, they can still do bucket list stuff there during the weekends.

Re: Garrett’s ramble about the “intense comments” on Jess’s last post - does anyone know what he’s referring to?