The BRIT Awards 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also they leave out any established acts who still are selling albums.

Gorillaz, Ellie Goulding, The 1975, Jessie Ware, Ed Sheeran, Freya Ridings, Lewis Capaldi, Noel Gallagher, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Niall Horan, McFly, James, Tom Grennan, Masie Peters, Nothing But Thieves, Anne-Marie, N-Dubz, Miles Kane, Royal Blood, The Chemical Brothers, Joel Corry, Rick Astley, The Streets, Duran Duran, James Blunt, Take That, Elton John all had number one albums….

Album of the year: Little Simz charted at 40… FOURTY and got put into album of the year. A category with only 5 nominees.

Lewis Capaldi spent 3 weeks at number one. It’s a shame that he wasn’t even nominated and Raye for example spend one week in the position… it’s just not right or fair
I've seen an interesting thread on Twitter and some other Tweets about how mentioning that half of the Brits nominees went to the Brit school speaks for the industry increasingly depending on nepotism and it all just being a Brit alumini get together with a few random names thrown in (and I would imagine if you dig deep enough or scratch the surface they also have some sort of connection or other to the music industry)

I think it's an interesting conversation overall and I'm sort of sad to see it hasn't been picked up in general. Yes, it happens in plenty of other countries but it's not necessarily said out loud as a bit of a brag

I also wonder how reflective the rewards are of general UK audience? I think Raye is amazing - I watched the Royal Albert Hall performance last night and listened to the album today - but realistically I only know two of her songs. I'd hardly call her a household name which is what you'd surely expect from someone who has completely swept the whole show?

Reactions: 2
Here's the nomination criteria in terms of music releases. I always thought you had to be in an album cycle to be nominated.

IMG_3854.jpeg

Well Raye’s performance was spectacular, that voice (and I will say she is better than Amy Winehouse).
Dua Lipa - finally a song that doesn't sound like her others,
Loved Jungle!
Rema was great (no need for the backsides on display!) And that woman and her dress 🤣

Kylie - her songs are great but her voice is shite and I cringe when she's surrounded by great live singers
Less said about Ellie G.... And Maya Jama
All the dancers in the the performances were amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I find Ellie Goulding insufferable
Yes. She has no stage presence.
---
The presenter's are terrible. The audience do not give a tit about being there. All these new singers look the same! Tate McCrae is another churned out singer just there to get her chest out and move around..🙄 yawn.

Last edited: