The BRIT Awards 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kylie is my performance of the night.. with Raye a close second .
---
I feel like this what i expect from the Brits. Everyone is clearly enjoying the performance.

Reactions: 5
Not gonna lie, I’m a bit sad Kylie didn’t do one of her older songs but she did put in a good show.

Reactions: 5
Kylie deserves the award soooo much! It was top of my list of concerts to tick off when I saw her a couple of years ago and she was just awesome. I hope she announces a tour soon!!!

Reactions: 7
I've been to watch Rick Astley & Belinda Carlisle tonight and had a fab night. Oh the nostalgia, made me smile lots. I sang my heart out. Was gonna watch on catch up but I'll give it a miss now from what you've all said. Bring back the 90s when no one gave a tit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Raye is a fab live performer!

Kylie was good but I actually did want more - felt like I’d already see this whole performance on An Audience With…

Reactions: 4
its CMAT shes irish and shes brilliant. she doesnt need to get her arse out so im a bit disapointed! she looks like a try hard
I've not heard of her or seen any news stories on her today so it obviously didn't get the reaction she was looking for.
At first I thought it was a wardrobe malfunction and my heart sank for her but soon realised it was intentional 🍑

Reactions: 2
How is Kylie winning this? She’s not bloody British??? She was nominated in the international category earlier.
I'm sure I read somewhere her parents are Welsh. So she could have British citizenship I guess.

It was a global icon award Kylie won for her contribution to music. Last time they awarded it to Taylor Swift, before that it was Pink. It doesn't have to be a British artist (hence "global") although many of the previous winners have been British.

Not shocked by this!

Not sure if it pulls in teen viewers anymore, not like it did in the 90s and 00s when it was the highlight of a teens year, non of my children or friends children who are a range of ages from 12 - 23 ever sit down to watch it and they look at you like you're talking a foreign language if you mention the BRITS.
I watch because I always have and love live music but I don't enjoy it anymore as I'm not in the loop with whose who and most of the music is shite, but that's my age I guess. Most of the auidence aren't there for the right reasons so that makes it lifeless, but the biggest let down is the presenters, 3 was a crowd last night and it didn't flow well. Clara and Roman did a good job. Maya Jama should stick to love island.
I really enjoyed Raye's performance and Kylie's was her usual standard, nothing out of this world though.
Also found I like Bring Me the Horizon after they won the rock/alt act.

Reactions: 6
Not sure if it pulls in teen viewers anymore, not like it did in the 90s and 00s when it was the highlight of a teens year, non of my children or friends children who are a range of ages from 12 - 23 ever sit down to watch it and they look at you like you're talking a foreign language if you mention the BRITS.
I watch because I always have and love live music but I don't enjoy it anymore as I'm not in the loop with whose who and most of the music is shite, but that's my age I guess. Most of the auidence aren't there for the right reasons so that makes it lifeless, but the biggest let down is the presenters, 3 was a crowd last night and it didn't flow well. Clara and Roman did a good job. Maya Jama should stick to love island.
I really enjoyed Raye's performance and Kylie's was her usual standard, nothing out of this world though.
Also found I like Bring Me the Horizon after they won the rock/alt act.
Also they leave out any established acts who still are selling albums.

Gorillaz, Ellie Goulding, The 1975, Jessie Ware, Ed Sheeran, Freya Ridings, Lewis Capaldi, Noel Gallagher, Sophie Ellis Bexter, Niall Horan, McFly, James, Tom Grennan, Masie Peters, Nothing But Thieves, Anne-Marie, N-Dubz, Miles Kane, Royal Blood, The Chemical Brothers, Joel Corry, Rick Astley, The Streets, Duran Duran, James Blunt, Take That, Elton John all had number one albums….

Album of the year: Little Simz charted at 40… FOURTY and got put into album of the year. A category with only 5 nominees.

Lewis Capaldi spent 3 weeks at number one. It’s a shame that he wasn’t even nominated and Raye for example spend one week in the position… it’s just not right or fair

Reactions: 10
I’m just catching up on it. Didn’t even realise it was on last night! The whole thing was a shambles! Terrible presenters, rude, bored looking audience, too many female artist nominated for everything and dreadful mining from most of them! The only ones I liked performing were Raye, Kylie and Becky Hill. Totally cringe worthy! Oh to go back to the 90’s when everyone was off their nut and misbehaving! Used to adore watching it! Should be axed now!

Are Jungle this year's wet leg type band?! Super hyped but I've never met anyone who says they like them in real life
We had a friend stay last night and whilst watching he said he had Julia as one of his gym tracks on his playlist! I’d never heard of them until last night.

and Ellie lip synching 🤦🏻‍♀️ terrible outfit too! Clearly she wanted to be at a Calvin Pool Party in Vegas!