The Archie Battersbee case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's changed the word "execute" for "murder". Still offensive.
It's potentially more accusatory.

I hope the hospital presses charges once all this is through.
Of course, I can only imagine the strain those two staff members are under. But that's why you'd get a PA or someone to double and triple check grammer/spelling/dates right?

If this was a "normal family", the mistakes could potentially cause extra confusion and distress ( wrong dates, unclear instructions about what was going to happen). For this family, you just know they're going to try to use it as yet another excuse to delay proceedings.
This is true; I'm guessing there was no-one available and that delivering the letter promptly was the greater concern.

Reactions: 14
Also what's that nutter on aa on about that what the hospital are doing is illegal?? Of course it isn't they wouldn't do it if they was! Do these type of people actually exist??

Reactions: 24
Someone already posting they can't find those two staff members on the GMC register....

Hollie needs to put up a redacted version of the letter.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Someone already posting posting they can't find those two staff members on the GMC register....

Hollie needs to put up a redacted version of the letter.
Someone needs to screencap that and send it to the Hospital.

Reactions: 11
I wonder if Hollie hides behind the Facebook page?Hopefully she won't cause any trouble on Monday and save her kicking off,for facebook later.,( The lesser of two evils)

Reactions: 11
Finally caught up on these threads so apologies in advance for the rant, but I am sickened beyond belief, I never thought I would ever utter a negative word about someone who is grieving but Jesus wept! Hollie is so woeful I cannot contain my opinions. Part of me thinks she bypassed the ECHR (or whichever one she bypassed there have been so many I have lost track) and went to the UN because she is after fame and attention from a worldwide audience as oppose to just the UK.

What she is insisting on putting that poor boys body through surely borders on abuse? If this is how she treats him in death, how the hell did she treat him in life?

I also would have thought in posting that letter she has breached data protection laws, even though addressed to her the contents refer to someone else entirely not to mention the doctors names in full view, I do hope when this is all over and the poor boy can finally rest Hollie Dance gets the book thrown at her. False accusations, insinuating hate, fraud to name a few offences.
Go and hold your child whilst you still can and give him the peace, comfort and stability in the last few days that you have with him, which you did not afford him in his living days.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Finally caught up. That letter also made me cringe too. Iā€™m so careful with my documentation, absolutely hate a typo! If someone handed that letter to me to give to my patientā€™s relative then Iā€™d be embarrassed and have to emphasise that I didnā€™t write it myself. Sorry. But agreed that the content was good, blunt but good. (Blunt is needed). People donā€™t take things in during ā€œbig chatsā€ due to emotion, stress, environment so having important things like that written down helps. Plus giving argumentative people who are definitely going to file a complaint a written letter stating exactly what will happen and at what time just covers everyone. Sensible.

I can imagine what the atmosphere would be like on my ICU if we were withdrawing on him. Feel so awful for the staff there and hope theyā€™re safe. Security are so easy to reach in a hospital and theyā€™re great, and I imagine this family are well known to them already. Theyā€™ll be pre warned about whatā€™s going on and be prepped to attend. Usually this would be a Nurse led withdrawal scenario but itā€™s decent theyā€™ve gone with a consultant - imagine itā€™s because of the abuse, questioning or disruption theyā€™re expecting.

I just hope the other patients / families arenā€™t disrupted. How awful for any other family going through a tough time or a withdrawal that day to have to hear / see this utter nonsense and commotion rather than have their peaceful, dignified day that they deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Ugh this template email written by an AA member to be sent to the health secretary makes me sad. Completely taken in by the whole sorry situation.

Please please we need your help to prevent Archieā€™s life support from being wrongfully withdrawn from him in hospital whilst heā€™s showing clear signs of NOT being brain dead! Please help us theyā€™re trying to kill him at the royal London hospital on Monday the 1st August!. He needs more time to heal please please help his family weā€™re begging you! Heā€™s made such massive progress since April he just needs time to wake up and show everyone this but if they take his life support away he will never get to show his mummy how strong he is and she will always be left wondering what couldā€™ve or wouldā€™ve been.
Please please consider helping and intervening even if it only gives Archie an extra week x
Yours sincerely
Someone who believes in chances

Edit: just noticed that x on the end though which gave me a moment of light relief, I'm sure Barclay will appreciate it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Imagine having a poorly child in the same hospital as Archie while all this has been going on. Imagine the stress it must add to parents who are already going through hell. Donā€™t know how they can bite their tongue when it comes to Hollie.

What is this massive progress heā€™s made since April? And signs of not being brain dead? Theyā€™re all deluded.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
Do you think the hospital or NHS Trust will have someone keeping tabs on all of the slanderous accusations she is making online? I know most hospitals do not have staff to spare, but wondering if they have some sort of liason officer or similar building a portfolio?

Reactions: 22
Ugh this template email written by an AA member to be sent to the health secretary makes me sad. Completely taken in by the whole sorry situation.

Please please we need your help to prevent Archieā€™s life support from being wrongfully withdrawn from him in hospital whilst heā€™s showing clear signs of NOT being brain dead! Please help us theyā€™re trying to kill him at the royal London hospital on Monday the 1st August!. He needs more time to heal please please help his family weā€™re begging you! Heā€™s made such massive progress since April he just needs time to wake up and show everyone this but if they take his life support away he will never get to show his mummy how strong he is and she will always be left wondering what couldā€™ve or wouldā€™ve been.
Please please consider helping and intervening even if it only gives Archie an extra week x
Yours sincerely
Someone who believes in chances

Edit: just noticed that x on the end though šŸ˜…
Just shows how far she's led them up the garden path.

Do you think the hospital or NHS Trust will have someone keeping tabs on all of the slanderous accusations she is making online? I know most hospitals do not have staff to spare, but wondering if they have some sort of liason officer or similar building a portfolio?
I'm sure there'll be a department somewhere that has responsibility for doing just that.

I would have thought the court would have been able to do something to prevent her feral rantings, lies and misinformation. I find the extraction of money from equally dim people particularly distasteful. It's obtaining money by deception isn't it?

Reactions: 18
I feel like they're just going to let the whole situation disaparate. To be honest, I think the media, the army, and the CLC will all lose interest very quickly, and Hollie will be left to deal with her grief alone. Going after her for slander/libel would just get everyone interested again and could been seen in bad taste given she's just lost her son.

Reactions: 26
Iā€™m totally ignorant about how these things work, but I hope that someone is collating the stuff and then giving her the chance to calm down once her son has been buried. If she goes back to relative anonymity and stops the crazy talk, just leave it alone. But if she keeps on going even afterwards, then start with the various proceedings - softly softly, a ā€œcease-and-desistā€ type letter, working way up to full blown court proceedings until she gets it.

Reactions: 20
I totally agree. But the selfish ā€œArmyā€ donā€™t give a duck. They only care about Archie. Other idiots suggesting Hollie locks herself in the room with Archie and not let them in. (Because that will be very effective)
I don't think they care about him tbh, it's more about being part of this stupid 'army'. šŸ˜”

Iā€™m totally ignorant about how these things work, but I hope that someone is collating the stuff and then giving her the chance to calm down once her son has been buried. If she goes back to relative anonymity and stops the crazy talk, just leave it alone. But if she keeps on going even afterwards, then start with the various proceedings - softly softly, a ā€œcease-and-desistā€ type letter, working way up to full blown court proceedings until she gets it.
This was my thinking exactly, use the compassion she accuses them of not having, but being cynical I fear this won't be the last we will hear off Hollie.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Not that Iā€™ve ever heard of. Weā€™ve had some incidents before whereby family have falsely created go fund me pages for the patient, stating they have had a horrible accident and raised loads of money for their new disability and rehab needs etc. Said the hospital have told them this awful news and this awful stuff etc etc. when in actual fact the patient stole a bike, was high, ran over a pensioner, was an utter knob blah blah and had a self inflicted injury and was getting free treatment / rehab, obviously. Staff only found out about the fundraising / false stories through hearing or seeing the story on local news and then a few of us would have a sneaky look and gossip about it on break, but would never be allowed to confront the relatives directly as itā€™s nothing to do with the care youā€™re providing. And then some staff are completely oblivious, maybe because theyā€™ve no idea how social media or fundraising works lol or because they just donā€™t care, so it just sort of fizzles out and you have to keep your mouth shut and be forever annoyed that some horrible people get away with lying and scamming.

I know this is a very different scenario, but just wanted to say we have ā€œsimilarā€ things happen a lot (and cases where we see pictures of the patient / nurse posted to local Facebook groups or instagram without permission etc) with or without some nice / not so nice comments, and have to just let them go.

Maybe because this has become a disaster of a case, they have got someone monitoring her online activity, but Iā€™d be surprised if they had because that wouldnā€™t be an NHS resource that could be readily made. More a police investigation thing if it were taken that far. But just my 2p. Who knows.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.