The Archie Battersbee case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Will there be a security presence there on Monday and will she have to be restrained?
Given what has happened today, calling hospital executors and now posting the letter, they will absolutely have security on standby. How visible they are to Hollie I don’t know. But I don’t think there is any way she’s going to just accept this now. It would be too big a risk to everyone involved to not be prepared for a situation that may require security.

Reactions: 22
To me she’s posted that full letter to get the army riled and turning up at the hospital whilst not telling the army to be riled and turn up at the hospital

The doctors didn’t murder her son he put something round his neck. Maybe the army should go after barristers that defend pervert rings, rapists and murders rather than doctors trying their best

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
I don’t have words for them I truly don’t. There is other people in that hospital ill and having their final moments too.
I totally agree. But the selfish “Army” don’t give a duck. They only care about Archie. Other idiots suggesting Hollie locks herself in the room with Archie and not let them in. (Because that will be very effective)

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Oh my goodness I initally thought "well at least Hollie had the sense to crop the signatory's name out the letter", but realised that was the doing of the person posting it here.

The courts have been very careful to keep the names of the staff anonymous, and Hollie just goes and puts two of them up on facebook, putting them at risk of torrents of abuse.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Also have to admit I don't think the typos are great in such a sensitive letter, there's also a point (number 8) that doesn't really make sense and is missing a word. I'm wondering if this had to be dictated and typed up at short notice after trying to speak to the parents in person?

Reactions: 42
Those poor people who've donated money and it's just going to this awful family 🤦‍♀️
You’re a better person than me, I can’t help but feel if you’re giving a stranger money, which in reality you can’t actually afford to give, you kind of deserve everything you get.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Also have to admit I don't think the typos are great in such a sensitive letter, there's also a point (number 8) that doesn't really make sense and is missing a word. I'm wondering if this had to be dictated and typed up at short notice after trying to speak to the parents in person?
Documentation is the most (unfortunately) important part of healthcare. It needs to be right. So this is quite poor from the hospital in all fairness.

Reactions: 32
It was probably dictated by the person who tried to talk to the mother yesterday.

To be honest I'd give them the leeway here; I can't imagine having to handle this woman, her direct harassment and the harassment from her little social media army on a daily basis for months.

Reactions: 29
If she’s so utterly convinced she’s the chosen victim of an elaborate conspiracy theory against her son, then why is she not actively trying to solve the problem? As in, looking for alternative treatments or hospitals online. Being specific about fundraising for an actual target of healthcare eg I want him moved here because this doctor has this special interest and he could help my son. I’m aware that literally every medical professional has told her there’s no hope and he can’t be moved, but if she’s so convinced then surely she’d be making more plans? Even just to get him moved to somewhere private or home?
Think this proves she’s not actually in this for Archie’s best interests. Poor lad.

Reactions: 25
I must admit that letter from the hospital made me cringe due to the errors. Now is not the time to look a bit shoddy 🙄.
The content, I thought, was very fair and balanced. I expect they tried this face to face but she is clearly bolshi.

Sorry if I the conclusion to this bit was missed by me, but who were the people that came in to Archie's room, forcing Hollie to leave her vulnerable son's side and hide in the cupboard?

Reactions: 19
I must admit that letter from the hospital made me cringe due to the errors. Now is not the time to look a bit shoddy 🙄.
The content, I thought, was very fair and balanced. I expect they tried this face to face but she is clearly bolshi.

Sorry if I the conclusion to this bit was missed by me, but who were the people that came in to Archie's room, forcing Hollie to leave her vulnerable son's side and hide in the cupboard?
No idea, but I think someone said in the previous thread that it was the mother herself that let them onto the ward? I couldn't verify this, & there's been nothing mentioned about them since.

Reactions: 7
How can she say no compassion?? I thought It was extremely compassionate!! What does she actually want them to say?? Also if any of u from the barmy army are reading this, please stop with the 'baracade yourself in with him" "let's form a barricade around him to stop them getting at him" have a think about what youve actually just said....then realise how fricking ridiculous you actually sound. Please don't embarrass yourself for everyone to say any longer. Stop encouraging hollie with your stupid ideas of how to save archie. Grow the hell up and get yourself a life.

Reactions: 34
It was probably dictated by the person who tried to talk to the mother yesterday.

To be honest I'd give them the leeway here; I can't imagine having to handle this woman, her direct harassment and the harassment from her little social media army on a daily basis for months.
Of course, I can only imagine the strain those two staff members are under. But that's why you'd get a PA or someone to double and triple check grammer/spelling/dates right?

If this was a "normal family", the mistakes could potentially cause extra confusion and distress ( wrong dates, unclear instructions about what was going to happen). For this family, you just know they're going to try to use it as yet another excuse to delay proceedings.

Reactions: 22
Can’t imagine any of the staff wanting to be in work on Monday.
Ugh rememver when staff from alder hey were told not to walk around with their ID or uniform showing to and from the hospital due to safety reasons from protest during Charlie/Alfie cases.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.