The Archie Battersbee case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's ironic that she's appealing to the UN and the Health Secretary on the grounds of respecting the boys rights, while completely ignoring them herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
That letter is so hard to read but excellently written. (Apart from the typo 🤦🏼‍♀️) precise and to the point. The staff are handling it so well I seriously hope they get support when it’s over. I also feel for other patients on the PICU. It must be disturbing the ward.

Reactions: 35
Thank you for the new thread. The letter is heart breaking but I think it’s well written.
Unless it said “ You are absolutely right Hollie, your Google searches put our medical degrees to shame. You caught us out, we just want Archie’s organs” she was never going to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m new to posting on tattle but have been reading these threads for a week or so.
I’m shocked Hollie posted the letter. I seem to recall that with either Charlie or Alfie the family were told they couldn’t share the time in advance. Does anyone know anything about that? Surely she puts the safety of the staff, families and other patients at risk?!

Reactions: 15
It’s funny the one about staff being in charge when they make that many spelling mistakes, it takes me 10 tries to read a post from hollie before it starts making any sense at all, and they want her to decide what’s gonna happen? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I actually can’t go on to the barmy army page. I fear I would get too angry and tell all the idiots saying it’s murder etc to go and take a long walk off a short pier. It’s actually creepy they are that involved on that level. And yes, the irony of any of them complaining about a typo on a letter when that whole page makes me itch when you see their spelling mistakes.

Reactions: 28
It’s quite disturbing all these grief thiefs on the AA page who don’t even know the family giving all this crazy advice. I really hope the poor boy can go in peace. But I imagine there will be uproar on the ward Monday.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
What can the UN actually do though, even if they side with Hollie’s case? It does concern me a bit that there are reports they have criticised the UK previously for withdrawing life support which doesn’t happen in a lot of other countries. But they haven’t done anything about it before now. So ultimately what can they do, are there sanctions or will it just be a day or two of bad press?

Reactions: 7
Will there be a security presence there on Monday and will she have to be restrained?

Reactions: 13
Hollie dear, it’s not international law. Kindly Shut the duck up and go and spend time with your kid.

Reactions: 33
I think it’s sad the hospital feel they’ve been put in the position that everything they do is scrutinised so much that a letter like that even has to be written.

I can only assume that rather than the dignified, private conversation the staff hoped for yesterday to discuss the withdrawal, turned into yet another circus, Hollie refusing to listen to the point it’s now had to be delivered in black and white so she can’t say she wasn’t told this is what’s happening

Reactions: 38
Very sad seeing some people who have put money into the GFM not really understanding where their money is going and trying to now get refunds, just seen a post where someone donated £1000 from their partners PPI payout and how they will never have that type of money again.

If anyone stumbles on this thread and wanted to legitimately donate directly to the hospital and Bart’s Trust this is the link, avoid the GFM.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.