The Archie Battersbee case #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why purple is so common with these stories? It wasn't even Archie's favourite colour, but he's at least the fourth kid who died where people grieve using that colour. About 15 years ago one local to me died and people hung purple ribbons everywhere, the family asked the council to decorate the town square Christmas tree in purple and they're STILL doing it after all this time. Although hilariously the "purple" lights they sourced don't even look purple, they're clearly pink. There are purple bows all over it though, just because some kid got knocked off his bike while wearing headphones and didn't hear/see the bus that was overtaking him when he randomly pulled out.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I wonder why purple is so common with these stories? It wasn't even Archie's favourite colour, but he's at least the fourth kid who died where people grieve using that colour. About 15 years ago one local to me died and people hung purple ribbons everywhere, the family asked the council to decorate the town square Christmas tree in purple and they're STILL doing it after all this time. Although hilariously the "purple" lights they sourced don't even look purple, they're clearly pink. There are purple bows all over it though, just because some kid got knocked off his bike while wearing headphones and didn't hear/see the bus that was overtaking him when he randomly pulled out.
Purple is recognised as a mourning colour but we’re talking deep dark purple, certainly not Cadbury’s purple. 🤫.

Reactions: 1
Purple is recognised as a mourning colour but we’re talking deep dark purple, certainly not Cadbury’s purple. 🤫.
Yes, my elderly mother didn't like purple or black, and only wore those colours for funerals/in mourning..
I hope Cadburys sue HD as its a trademarked color. As is the DynoRod orangey pink..

Reactions: 5
Yes, my elderly mother didn't like purple or black, and only wore those colours for funerals/in mourning..
I hope Cadburys sue HD as its a trademarked color. As is the DynoRod orangey pink..
Good thought, expect Cadbury’s are pleased about the free publicity.. what a time to be alive😳
Otherwise, In most cases the go-to color is black, but there are times where black is reserved for the family members or you don’t own anything black. If you can’t wear black, some staple colors to wear at a funeral are dark and muted tones such as navy blue, charcoal, deep greys, maroons, deep purple, etc.

Reactions: 3
Teal and Purple would be better for TBI + Suicide Prevention
Yellow for Suicide Awareness
Green for Mental Health
Orange for ADHD

I mean, she had a couple to pick from.....

Reactions: 8
It's only trademarked for used on other chocolate. Similarly Tiffany blue is trademarked for jewelry packaging, red sole shoes trademarked by Louboutin, and I believe Hermes Orange and Bottegea Green also.

Reactions: 6
I didn't know that.
Every day's a schoolday lol
Indeed it is. As far as I know the only person to "own" a colour is Anish Kapoor (an hole artist for many reasons), he owns Venta Black because he pattented the very specific method for manufacturing the pigment, so nobody else can make it therefore nobody can use it....
I could go on with my colour nerd-ness but I'll stop before everyone falls asleep. Sorry for derailing the chat. 🤦

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What exactly does she expect the Health Secretary to say?

I'd hope he sticks up for the hardworking staff that cared for his decaying body all those months whilst being abused for doing so and slandered on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The guy having the ‘After Party’ (not) charity do has toned it down a bit. Maybe just a little bit of negative feedback?

FACD5789-4C69-497E-AA4C-6F6D29543387.jpeg

Gosh, my shallow thinking was as huns use a lot of ❤❤ that ❤❤❤❤❤❤ wouldn’t be distinctive enough as 💜💜💜💜💜 would stand out more.
💜 is beside ❤ so not much effort.
Who cares if ❤ was his favourite colour.
It’s about the Army huns 💜💜

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I think it's creepy having what would be a kids shrine in a play park. My youngest would ask questions and I couldn't bring myself to tell him that's a child died, he's quite sensitive and he'd be very upset, my older two would be completely creeped out.
Same goes for that heartbeat bear that HD made for Archie's "girlfriend". Pretty sure they would feel obligated to thank HD for it then give it to me to dispose of because they wouldn't want it in their room.
Personally (I don't know if it's an up bringing cultural thing) I find public grief strange, especially forcing your grief on others.
I thought the whole Princess Diana thing was creepy too,all those people bawling and wailing for somebody most of them had never met.Let`s face it,she was a selfish cow as well-she knew damn well what she was getting into marrying into the Monarchy!

Reactions: 20
I've just been watching a documentary about a woman who campaigned for a change in the law after her teenage daughter was murdered by a stalking boyfriend. The campaign was to make the length of the sentence fit the crime (he'd pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 'life', which equalled only 12 years because he was only 17 at the time of the murder - therefore he couldn't receive the same sentence as an adult, and could still be eligible for parole as soon as he'd served half of of this 'life' sentence.
The girl's mother, Carole Gould, put forward a cogent and coherent case for appropriate sentencing, as to why there should be a sliding scale of custody (at the time, a 17 year old was treated the same as a 10 year old as regards the length of a murder sentence) and she put her reasoning clearly and calmly, without histrionics. The result was "Ellie's Law", and is an example of how changes in the law come about sensibly when the right people have the right motives.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I've just been watching a documentary about a woman who campaigned for a change in the law after her teenage daughter was murdered by a stalking boyfriend. The campaign was to make the length of the sentence fit the crime (he'd pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 'life', which equalled only 12 years because he was only 17 at the time of the murder - therefore he couldn't receive the same sentence as an adult, and could still be eligible for parole as soon as he'd served half of of this 'life' sentence.
The girl's mother, Carole Gould, put forward a cogent and coherent case for appropriate sentencing, as to why there should be a sliding scale of custody (at the time, a 17 year old was treated the same as a 10 year old as regards the length of a murder sentence) and she put her reasoning clearly and calmly, without histrionics. The result was "Ellie's Law", and is an example of how changes in the law come about sensibly when the right people have the right motives.

Thanks for posting that.
Just goes to show you can fight City Hall, having the right attitude helps though.

Reactions: 6
I’m quite disgusted that she’s still continuing to grift. Begging buckets at a pub party. Maybe she could have got away with that at an event that Archie liked? Like gymnastics or fighting. But a booze up? Where’s this money going? Well we know where, into Hollie‘s back pocket.

Someone should tell her too that putting a copyright symbol after every picture doesn’t mean no one else can use it seeing as she’s uploaded it to social media!

Reactions: 16
I thought the whole Princess Diana thing was creepy too,all those people bawling and wailing for somebody most of them had never met.Let`s face it,she was a selfish cow as well-she knew damn well what she was getting into marrying into the Monarchy!
The worst thing about Diana's funeral was watching two little boys lose their mum and have to parade behind her coffin past millions of people, all because of Royal pomp and ceremony. That was sick. The public mourning of her was like some wired mass grieving hysteria.

Diana knew what she was getting into as do all the others that marry into the Royal family. But she didn't deserve to be treated the way she was by the Royal family, nobody of any social standing deserves to be the victim of domestic abuse. I also wouldn't personally I wouldn't call her selfish, she did do charity work and work with HIV/aids and leprosy patients. Maybe that's part of the "benevolent" front of royalty. To be clear though I'm no fan, I firmly believe we should be a republic.

It's not so unusual to shed a tear for the passing of someone we don't personally know. I few on this thread have said they cried a little for Archie's, perhaps more so for his cercumstances.
Also I have cried a little after the passing of a couple of musicians. I may not have met them but they gave me happy memories, were a key part of my formative years and I felt I could relate to them. So their death was a loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The worst thing about Diana's funeral was watching two little boys lose their mum and have to parade behind her coffin past millions of people, all because of Royal pomp and ceremony.
That wreath, which just said 'Mummy'... I bawled my eyes out when I saw that.
That was sick. The public mourning of her was like some wired mass grieving hysteria.

Also I have cried a little after the passing of a couple of musicians. I may not have met them but they gave me happy memories, were a key part of my formative years and I felt I could relate to them. So their death was a loss.
Ditto - for David Bowie especially.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m quite disgusted that she’s still continuing to grift. Begging buckets at a pub party. Maybe she could have got away with that at an event that Archie liked? Like gymnastics or fighting. But a booze up? Where’s this money going? Well we know where, into Hollie‘s back pocket.

Someone should tell her too that putting a copyright symbol after every picture doesn’t mean no one else can use it seeing as she’s uploaded it to social media!
Is it for AA? Are they a registered charity? Is there any registered charity affiliated with this lot? Is this permitted? As stated, it’s well and truly in accordance with the families wishes.
They managed to use rules to their advantage with JG by choosing the ‘emergencies’ option and GFM is just a joke.
I bet the organisers is regretting it now. I’m sure he’ll be glad when the day’s over.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Under 18's funerals are free in UK but I don't expect they cover added bling. Unless they are raising money for the hospital, or a mental health for children charity, she needs to take her greedy, bottomless purse somewhere else. Ive seen a few "fundraisers" lately where people are asking for money for themselves because their child is seriously ill/terminal? I just dont get why they need money? Its "pity profiteering" and its ugly as hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Under 18's funerals are free in UK but I don't expect they cover added bling. Unless they are raising money for the hospital, or a mental health for children charity, she needs to take her greedy, bottomless purse somewhere else. Ive seen a few "fundraisers" lately where people are asking for money for themselves because their child is seriously ill/terminal? I just dont get why they need money? Its "pity profiteering" and its ugly as hell.
Yep.
And that's EXACTLY what's going on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.