The Archie Battersbee case #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh from the reporting of today's preliminary inquest it really looks like the senior coroner is pointing towards suicide doesn't it? At the very least stating in the strongest terms that there is no evidence whatsover of a tiktok challenge, or any other kind of challenge, and pointing to newly introduced evidence of messages indicating Archie's very low mood. Poor, poor lad. 🙁

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
At least we've been spared her being invited to take part in I'm A Celeb where she could have harangued Matt Hancock.

There's always Celeb Big Brother next year though..

She needs her own diagnosis now to excuse the road rage repeat offences. My money's on ADHD and PTSD like Katie Price

Reactions: 20
All children really want is a stable home and routine, doubly so with a child who has special needs. One can only imagine what it must have been like for the lad being surrounded by chaos and drama. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 35
So glad someone is finally cutting through this bullshit: soon people will know that poor Archie hanged himself. And I hope there are consequences for the mother.

Reactions: 32
So glad someone is finally cutting through this bullshit: soon people will know that poor Archie hanged himself. And I hope there are consequences for the mother.
I would guess the outcome will be not conclusive, so likely be misadventure.
that’s only based on the probably not being absolute conclusive evidence to say otherwise.

Reactions: 11
What made her say it was related to the challenge then if there was no evidence? I want to believe this is a mother who was in denial bit I suspect it's something more sinister.

The fact she's suggested it was that challenge is worrying. Is she covering something up?

Reactions: 20
What made her say it was related to the challenge then if there was no evidence? I want to believe this is a mother who was in denial bit I suspect it's something more sinister.

The fact she's suggested it was that challenge is worrying. Is she covering something up?
Archie had attempted suicide before. She is covering up, because she knows he committed suicide. It's possible that she's a mother in denial, but it's possible that she is an abusive mother trying to cover up that her child was severely depressed because it will bring scrutiny on what went on in the family.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Archie had attempted suicide before. She is covering up, because she knows he committed suicide. It's possible that she's a mother in denial, but it's possible that she is an abusive mother trying to cover up that her child was severely depressed because it will bring scrutiny on what went on in the family.
I think the latter.

Reactions: 18
Do you think all the TV shows that wheeled her out will comment on this and apologise for blindly believing this womans lies about the tiktok challenge? Holly & Phil I'm looking at you....

Reactions: 23
Do you think all the TV shows that wheeled her out will comment on this and apologise for blindly believing this womans lies about the tiktok challenge? Holly & Phil I'm looking at you....
Of course not. 🤢🤢

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I’ve just seen the sky news report. Is it normal to have another inquest or are they looking deeper?

Reactions: 4
I’ve just seen the sky news report. Is it normal to have another inquest or are they looking deeper?
My friend did jury service at the coroners court on a suicide case and there had already been at least one hearing before she was sworn in.

Reactions: 9
I have no doubt Archie would have been troubled whoever he grew up with but it can't have helped being raised by an obviously narcissistic, controlling mother
Sadly, on top of those personality traits, by all accounts she was a sex worker (allegedly) and the family are involved in criminality. He was being brought up in this atmosphere and not being shown the right kind of love and attention.

Photos of Archie with his older brother showed that he was being molded into being a mini thug or gangster. There is also that mention online of Archie assaulting another child at school the last day of term. Then during the holiday he was found hanging by his negligent mother.

I do wonder if he was on social services radar.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
It was listed as a ‘pre inquest review’ so I think it was just an interim thing. Don’t know how common that is though.

Reactions: 4
It was listed as a ‘pre inquest review’ so I think it was just an interim thing. Don’t know how common that is though.
Common. I know this from a family friend who’s son committed suicide (also in Essex) during lockdown. Initial pre inquest review before the full blown inquest.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It's standard practice ( husband is in legal profession and has attended many pre inquests/ inquests over the years)

Reactions: 7
Hell will freeze over before those two arrogant bleeping numpty's will appogize for anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Sadly, on top of those personality traits, by all accounts she was a sex worker (allegedly) and the family are involved in criminality. He was being brought up in this atmosphere and not being shown the right kind of love and attention.

Photos of Archie with his older brother showed that he was being molded into being a mini thug or gangster. There is also that mention online of Archie assaulting another child at school the last day of term. Then during the holiday he was found hanging by his negligent mother.

I do wonder if he was on social services radar.
Probably "known" to them which means the boxes were ticked but no actual action was taken.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.