The Archie Battersbee case #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised they managed to get the funeral at st Mary’s. It’s easily the most sought after church In the borough. I know weddings are different but there is always a 2 - 3 year waiting list to get wed there and they are pretty strict on faith there. I think their new friends at CC probably pulled some strings.

I notice too that the wake is at the park by the tree that they have taken as Archie’s. Takes the piss out of everyone else there that has gone about it the proper way and paid for a memorial tree through the council. I would be gutted if my family members tree was near that! Can just imagine the chavfest that will occur there for the wake. Drug taking, drinking ect. They had 45k to play with that was apperently to give him the best send of ever and they chose to do it for free in a local park …… so they can pocket has much of that money for themselves no doubt. Couldn’t get any more brazen.
I would have thought with the cash they have they'd have booked a venue not have it outside where anyone can rock up

Reactions: 8
I’ve just been having a little nosey on Twitter, and I came across this interesting comment from someone called ‘Trish’. She heard this. I hope she won’t mind me posting it here. I wonder if anyone else here can verify this?
That wouldn’t surprise me. HD did after all scrub her own social media.

Reactions: 10
I would have thought with the cash they have they'd have booked a venue not have it outside where anyone can rock up

That would mean spending a few thousand though wouldn’t it. I would like to know if they obtained the correct licence to hold an event in the park.

Reactions: 5
I’m surprised they managed to get the funeral at st Mary’s. It’s easily the most sought after church In the borough. I know weddings are different but there is always a 2 - 3 year waiting list to get wed there and they are pretty strict on faith there. I think their new friends at CC probably pulled some strings.

I notice too that the wake is at the park by the tree that they have taken as Archie’s. Takes the piss out of everyone else there that has gone about it the proper way and paid for a memorial tree through the council. I would be gutted if my family members tree was near that! Can just imagine the chavfest that will occur there for the wake. Drug taking, drinking ect. They had 45k to play with that was apperently to give him the best send of ever and they chose to do it for free in a local park …… so they can pocket has much of that money for themselves no doubt. Couldn’t get any more brazen.
Wait, how are they allowed to get away with that? If others had to pay for a tree?
I agree it’s ridiculous if they had All that money for the “best send off ever” where has it gone? Children‘s funerals are free I read on here. Of course the horses and extras won’t be but it seems really unfair if they just claim a tree and others have to pay for one!

I’ve just been having a little nosey on Twitter, and I came across this interesting comment from someone called ‘Trish’. She heard this. I hope she won’t mind me posting it here. I wonder if anyone else here can verify this?
Clearing his phone won't clear his phone. It just doesn't - as all the latest true-crime documentaries will confirm.

Reactions: 22
Clearing his phone won't clear his phone. It just doesn't - as all the latest true-crime documentaries will confirm.
I’m sure, at the very beginning, the Police had his phone and investigated it. Surely they must have done, to rule out any foul play?
I believe she has cleared, or privatised, all of his sm but unfortunately, for her, not before lots of people copied content.
Maybe she didn’t realise just how damaging some of that content could be. Thinking it was just ‘normal’.

Wait, how are they allowed to get away with that? If others had to pay for a tree?
I agree it’s ridiculous if they had All that money for the “best send off ever” where has it gone? Children‘s funerals are free I read on here. Of course the horses and extras won’t be but it seems really unfair if they just claim a tree and others have to pay for one!
Yes they claimed that old beautiful tree as Archie’s, memorial trees are meant to be applied for by the council, they are a few hundred pounds and you choose a plot that lasts for 10 years. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t of sought permission to take that tree as theirs.

The local council recently stripped some graves of their decorations at the actual crematorium so for them to allow this is baffling. Perhaps they are waiting for the media to turn their attention elsewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
She might have tried to "clean" his phone but her efforts will be pointless. The police will have checked his phone and they will have recovered absolutely everything, even the stuff HD might have thought was completely deleted. Same goes for everything on her devices and social media accounts etc.

Source: Mr Not Morning Dog has professional knowledge of computer forensics, but he is not a police officer and not involved in this case.

Reactions: 15
Yes they claimed that old beautiful tree as Archie’s, memorial trees are meant to be applied for by the council, they are a few hundred pounds and you choose a plot that lasts for 10 years. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t of sought permission to take that tree as theirs.

The local council recently stripped some graves of their decorations at the actual crematorium so for them to allow this is baffling. Perhaps they are waiting for the media to turn their attention elsewhere.
Lots of local councils are removing tat, no offence to anyone intended, from their graveyards. Sometimes to much hullabaloo.
It’s usually in the ‘terms and conditions’ that only discreet memorials are permitted.
God knows what Archie’s grave will be like.
No disrespect to the poor boy. I really do feel for him.

Reactions: 14
Lots of local councils are removing tat, no offence to anyone intended, from their graveyards. Sometimes to much hullabaloo.
It’s usually in the ‘terms and conditions’ that only discreet memorials are permitted.
God knows what Archie’s grave will be like.
No disrespect to the poor boy. I really do feel for him.

Southend council removed decoration / plaques ect from children graves for regeneration of the area. They have absolutely no problem with causing controversy or upset. Will wait to see if ‘Archie’s tree’ is allowed to stay decorated. They would get far more support if they didn’t bully boy their way through things and actually went down the proper routes for fundraising , memorials ect, just shameful.

Reactions: 12
I hope it rains on that day, I want to watch her try and sue Mother Nature/God/Whatever for ruining her special day.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I hope it rains on that day, I want to watch her try and sue Mother Nature/God/Whatever for ruining her special day.
But the heavens opening would be because they’re crying for Arch.
Oh dear, I’m getting a bit bitchy now!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
A bench too.

A39722E3-5D34-4E1E-902A-18AAA9DB5335.jpeg

I hope they at least got permission for the bench
I doubt it.
I enquired after a loved one died. Lots of parks etc don’t allow benches anymore as people were complaining it was depressing to be reminded of death when they visit.
It was also a bit of a rigmarole, so I didn’t purse it in the end.
I can’t imagine kids would be too keen on a memorial bench in their playground.
Could be wrong.

Last edited:
A bench too.

View attachment 1527379

I doubt it.
I enquired after a loved one died. Lots of parks etc don’t allow benches anymore as people were complaining it was depressing to be reminded of death when they visit.
It was also a bit of a rigmarole, so I didn’t purse it in the end.
I can’t imagine kids would be too keen on a memorial bench in their playground.
Could be wrong.
I know some people think you can just put a bench wherever you want (recent experience of someone assuming this, funnily enough, she reminds me of HD 🤣).

I am sorry you didn't get yours, I don't think they remind of death necessarily, that's what graves are for. Memorial benches are for sitting and appreciating all the life around you. I guess it's just different perspectives.

I'd be that cow in a red lindor dress because HIS FAVOURITE COLOUR WAS RED....... suck my lindor balls HD.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I think it’s quite close to the bandstand and cafe. There are quite a few young memorial trees across the path. They are literally shameless. Hijacking a tree and now holding a wake at the park. I’m amazed the council have let them keep all that mess on the tree. Pretty sure they wouldn’t have got a licence for it. Which they will need as they are making it a public event. 45k spent on a piss up in a park. They couldn’t even if spared a couple of thousand for a nice venue in Southend with food laid on ect? There are plenty of Beautiful venues in the area they could of chosen. Absolute scum. Would love to see how they prove. The thousands they’ve spent on this!
Poor tree,i`ve always thought Monkey Puzzle trees have a beautiful symmetry and elegance about them-far too good for that rabble!

Interesting…it certainly fits with what I believe happened, that they had an almighty row. Maybe it went to messaging and she’s deleted both her end and his end of the messaging conversation.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.