The Anna Edit #3 We’re having a moment, a moving situation, oh my word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, how are we all? :cool: This thread has taken YONK to be created, and here we are! Thanks to everyone for your joint effort - is an awesome thread name!

Recap
  • The only exciting thing that happened in the past 5 years: they sold their flat and now moved back to Airbnb of Mum and Dad
  • The new house is taking yonk to complete
  • Fake capsule wardrobe
  • She bought a Soho Home mirror for £980 but cannot afford to heat her flat

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Has anyone watched the latest home/reno/moving Q&A she did with Mark? I have to say, I loved all the "subtle" digs that they made towards Lily's renovation choices. They said that you should do renovations gradually and not all at once so you have time to think things through – which is the exact opposite of what Lily did with hers. They also mentioned that black taps are a) very trendy and will look dated in the future b) get dirty really easily with hard water. And guess who has all black taps in her bathroom... My favorite part was that Anna apparently wanted to paint their living room really dark but Mark told her not to because it would make it harder to sell the place – and apparently their buyers were very grateful that they hadn't done that.

I have to say though, I was surprised that they flat out said that they wanted a big house for their future children when she isn't even pregnant yet. I know they're young and most couples who wish for children do end up having them, either naturally or with some help. But not everyone is lucky so I would be very hesitant about talking about children to my friends and family, let alone thousands of people on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I would love to hear what Anna & Mark have to say about Lily behind closed doors...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have to say though, I was surprised that they flat out said that they wanted a big house for their future children when she isn't even pregnant yet. I know they're young and most couples who wish for children do end up having them, either naturally or with some help. But not everyone is lucky so I would be very hesitant about talking about children to my friends and family, let alone thousands of people on the internet.
To be fair, I feel they were quite particular about about saying “if we were lucky to have kids” or “if that happens for us”. I think they tried to make it clear that it’s what they want but they don’t necessarily think it’s a given for them (unlike Lily, who was always saying “when we have kids”).

Reactions: 37
I think their new house must be pretty big, as they said they think it’s going to be their forever home, whereas Lily has said she and Rich plan to move again to upsize.

Reactions: 8
Sometimes I remember she is only 31 and it blows my mind. She acts in her 40s

Reactions: 18
I think their new house must be pretty big, as they said they think it’s going to be their forever home, whereas Lily has said she and Rich plan to move again to upsize.
Lily will defo move again, I don’t see how they will stay in that place for long. She needs it for content and she already changed everything in side since the Reno which indicates she doesn’t like it. Plus she mentioned that they might need to move to fall into school catchment. I am not too sure if she will send Grey to private school, but I think she will.

On a side note, a blogger I followed said that Private Schools in Hampstead area (where Lily grew up), some of it are super competitive. Parents are urged to register before the baby was even born. Not too sure if Lily has done so.

Reactions: 8
Lily will defo move again, I don’t see how they will stay in that place for long. She needs it for content and she already changed everything in side since the Reno which indicates she doesn’t like it. Plus she mentioned that they might need to move to fall into school catchment. I am not too sure if she will send Grey to private school, but I think she will.

On a side note, a blogger I followed said that Private Schools in Hampstead area (where Lily grew up), some of it are super competitive. Parents are urged to register before the baby was even born. Not too sure if Lily has done so.
She'll move next year I bet. She'll do it to one up Anna. The second Anna gets into her new house, Lily will put hers on the market (and then inevitably struggle to sell it because no one wants to buy a house that's been done up to look trendy, but like 2017 trendy).

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She'll move next year I bet. She'll do it to one up Anna. The second Anna gets into her new house, Lily will put hers on the market (and then inevitably struggle to sell it because no one wants to buy a house that's been done up to look trendy, but like 2017 trendy).
Lily will wait and see what house Anna and Mark get, what specifications and features it has, and what they plan to do with it and THEN move to one-up her. Not before a little moaning of how this and that are too small in her own home.

I really hope Anna's house is bigger.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I love this style of interior, but I’d be so terrified to actually live in. The moment you leave your dirty plates out or whack up the clothes horse you’ve ruined your whole aesthetic 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I love this style of interior, but I’d be so terrified to actually live in. The moment you leave your dirty plates out or whack up the clothes horse you’ve ruined your whole aesthetic 🤷🏻‍♀️
I know, is like you can only buy grocery from zero waste shop just for the brown bag and glass bottles. But the moment you bring home a tesco bag it will ruin the whole aesthetic

• Haha
Reactions: 21
For me, it’s just way too plain. I took only a cursory look, but it all looked bland and boring to me. I need some color and texture in my life and also a mix of styles, especially if living in a period property. My home is from 1890, and I made sure to mix in some antiques with modern furniture and art. And yes, this aesthetic is very easily ruined, especially if you have kids!

Reactions: 14
In a kind of semi defence of Mark - I think their old apartment had storage heaters which are notoriously expensive to run. Manys a row I had with my boyfriend over them 😅 you have it on for what feels like an hour and then before you know it four hours have passed. With Anna working from home I’m sure mark just wanted her to be conscious of its use. I remember being in the same position at home studying and I was always freezing but too broke to turn the heating on 😂 like they are extortionate. I haven’t seen the fluffy purple robe in a while so it seems it was that apartment that was the issue, not their frugality!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.