The advice thread for random problems #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More of a random question this

If you set up a teams meeting an send someone else the invite to it and then you yourself have connection problems, does the meeting disappear on your end? Or would it still all be there but you just wouldn't be able to connect to it?

I was supposed to be in a teams meeting yesterday, there was no invitation sent to me like there usually is, sent the person emails telling them there was no invite only to be told this morning that they were having connection problems yesterday an they also had no invite to the meeting despite it being them that supposedly set it all up, so now am wondering if they even did set it up in the first place or forgot about it an are using the connection problems as a excuse

I set up zoom at work and the zoom meeting shows for me regardless of there's connection problems or not but am not familiar with teams

Reactions: 1

If you set up a teams meeting an send someone else the invite to it and then you yourself have connection problems, does the meeting disappear on your end? Or would it still all be there but you just wouldn't be able to connect to it?

I was supposed to be in a teams meeting yesterday, there was no invitation sent to me like there usually is, sent the person emails telling them there was no invite only to be told this morning that they were having connection problems yesterday an they also had no invite to the meeting despite it being them that supposedly set it all up, so now am wondering if they even did set it up in the first place or forgot about it an are using the connection problems as a excuse

I set up zoom at work and the zoom meeting shows for me regardless of there's connection problems or not but am not familiar with teams
I’m not that familiar with teams but I can’t see why it would disappear just because you have connection issues it gets set up almost as a calendar item so that would have no effect if you had connection issues with your Internet. You never got the invite. I would suspect they never set it up or you weren’t included in the invite list.

Reactions: 4
I’m not that familiar with teams but I can’t see why it would disappear just because you have connection issues it gets set up almost as a calendar item so that would have no effect if you had connection issues with your Internet. You never got the invite. I would suspect they never set it up or you weren’t included in the invite list.
Thanks I was also thinking she hadn't bothered to set it up

My end was fine, no problems, it was her end, she said that because she had connection issues then the link to the meeting disappeared, but yet I got the email on the 8th with the time an date an no invitation sent, so I doubt the invite had it been sent would have disappeared in a old email because she was the one having connection problems, surely I'd still have had the invite but just not been able to join the meeting if that was the case

It's the 3rd week in a row she's messed with me but because am not familiar with teams I wasn't sure if she was giving a bs excuse because she forgot or if she was being honest an a invite link can disappear if there's connection problems

Reactions: 3
Sounds like R is an arse hole and has M under her spell.
You’re right to feel how you do but probably best shot of M who will no doubt be on the receiving end of R at some point. Given that she ran off when it kicked off, she sounds spineless.
I’d keep the peace and be civil for the sake of avoiding retaliations and a hostile environment but keep a good distance from all.
This is fair and sound advice, thank you. Have felt like my feelings have been completely invalidated. The bruising has come out more on me now and they are pretty nasty. I think I’m swerving bullets if I’m being completely honest with myself. Will update more soon if and when things unfold (as I think they will)

Reactions: 2
I want to get into a morning & evening routine at 33! 😂 My job I can turn up between 8-10am but everyone else starts at 8am while I start at 9.30. I don’t do my skincare and I’m always rushing etc.

So if I want to start work at 8am, be at work for 7:50 so enough time to log on, get a coffee etc and travel time is 15 mins max.

I prefer having breakfast when I’ve been awake for about 2hrs so happy to have that at work etc.

What time should I wake up and go to bed if I need about 8hrs sleep? And do my skincare etc.

I want to get into a morning & evening routine at 33! 😂 My job I can turn up between 8-10am but everyone else starts at 8am while I start at 9.30. I don’t do my skincare and I’m always rushing etc.

So if I want to start work at 8am, be at work for 7:50 so enough time to log on, get a coffee etc and travel time is 15 mins max.

I prefer having breakfast when I’ve been awake for about 2hrs so happy to have that at work etc.

What time should I wake up and go to bed if I need about 8hrs sleep? And do my skincare etc.
Maybe 6:30 wake up? Would give around a hour before leaving for work an would let you have 30mins to get there, an for a 6:30 wake up I'd say maybe 10pm bed?

Personally if it was me I'd be 7am wake up an out by 7:30 but I don't really take a lot of time in the morning to get ready so if you're wanting coffee then I'd give it that little bit more time, also I wouldn't stress about 8h sleep, I find the more you stress about having to be in bed by a certain time so you can have so much sleep the more you are likely to be up at night worrying about it an watching the clock, for me I go to bed whenever I just feel tired an have my curtains open just a little so the morning light comes through (my room is pitch black) an I'll get up naturally that way, sometimes it's 6 sometimes it's 7 especially in summer, during winter ill set a alarm for 8 so i dont go past that if am not up before, but allowing myself to go to bed at whatever time I feel tired an getting up naturally works the best an I get a better nights sleep then

Thanks everyone, I will suggest doing something else but I'm struggling to think of something else - we did bottomless brunch last year and afternoon tea the year before. I thought somewhere we could drink and play games might be fun but someone I know got into a massive fight at one of them recently which definitely puts me off going there. My son suggested some bar that's full of table tennis tables however this unlocked a childhood memory of how I hate table tennis 😂😂
I need to think of something else - oh also it has to be daytime.
This is why I never do anything for my birthday as I can't make a decision.
This is themed adventure golf with cocktails if so desired

Attachments

A morning skincare routine at your age should take about 10min max. Wash, cleanse, eye cream, moisturise and then put sunscreen on!
You can do extra bits at night which is best anyway

Reactions: 3
Advice please 🙏🏻. I've given antihistamine and covered in savlon. I'm a good level headed mother until things like this that I can't control. Is there a better cream I should be using?
20240518_170626.jpg

I manage a holiday let cottage - it’s not mine, I just do it on behalf of the owners. While I do go there regularly before and after every changeover and often at other times to restock stores or check stuff, I’m getting a bit fed up with being blindsided by things coming up in the reviews which could have been resolved before had I known about them. It’s also vanishingly rare for anyone to tell me they’ve broken something.

Forex, someone has just marked us down because the toaster didn’t work. I had no idea the toaster was broken because no one had mentioned it and taking a slice of bread to test it every time is not something I’d automatically think to do.

I‘ve been thinking about a book to report any issues/comments but then do I want guests reading that back? No. So I thought of a suggestion box with a note on it saying please let us know if you find anything broken, if you think something is missing or you have a suggestion what we could include.

If you stayed in a self catering place, what would you think of seeing a suggestion box? Would you use it?

I manage a holiday let cottage - it’s not mine, I just do it on behalf of the owners. While I do go there regularly before and after every changeover and often at other times to restock stores or check stuff, I’m getting a bit fed up with being blindsided by things coming up in the reviews which could have been resolved before had I known about them. It’s also vanishingly rare for anyone to tell me they’ve broken something.

Forex, someone has just marked us down because the toaster didn’t work. I had no idea the toaster was broken because no one had mentioned it and taking a slice of bread to test it every time is not something I’d automatically think to do.

I‘ve been thinking about a book to report any issues/comments but then do I want guests reading that back? No. So I thought of a suggestion box with a note on it saying please let us know if you find anything broken, if you think something is missing or you have a suggestion what we could include.

If you stayed in a self catering place, what would you think of seeing a suggestion box? Would you use it?
a suggestion box is a good idea! I think or a number to report things, or through the booking app. Although I think people are just being lazy!! I would report a broken toaster just as an FYI not as a moan. It’s silly to mark the property down for it.

Reactions: 7

I would just… let people know? Like I think normal people would? People are so weird, are you psychic?! 😂

Reactions: 8
I would just… let people know? Like I think normal people would? People are so weird, are you psychic?! 😂
I know! I've broken stuff accidentally and either reported it or left it on the side, with a note of apology, when we checked out so it's obvious. What's wrong with people?! Surely it's just manners!

People will mark you down for the stupidest of tit, personally whenever am reading reviews if it has things like "broken toaster" "bin not emptied" "towels missing" etc I ignore them because these are things I view as fixable if they just opened their mouths an said in the first place instead of being twats an not mentioning it

Personally the only reviews I take seriously is ones that are numerous with the same things being mentioned like unpleasant hosts/staff, dirty/filthy areas, broken shower/toilet, as these are things I feel the owners/staff should know, like if you are cleaning then it's easy to flush a toilet an run a tap for a sec just to make sure it's working, but someone marking you down over something that you wouldn't think to check I'd be ignoring it when they could have just said to you

Am starting to see more an more people think they are some sort of hotel/b&b/airb&b inspector an go round everywhere marking down for little things that can be fixed, we seem to live in age where people will witch an moan harshly to get some sort of "reward" out it like money back or money off a future stay all because the room didn't have a face towel in it

Reactions: 7

I don’t know where these are advertised but to me it would be common sense to say in the booking email that people need to contact you if there are any issues.
Because I agree with @Snippysnips , you ask for what you need. I’ve previously asked for spare towels, new shower curtain (this one was covered in mould) and a kettle. The kettle was so full of lime scale you couldn’t pour out the hot water.
I don’t think a suggestion box etc is worth doing.
I also suggest you leave a comment under their review like “Hi, Mr-knobface we were unware of any issues during your stay and can’t find a reference/email/text from you about this.
I wish we had known so we could’ve fixed this during your stay. Please feel free to email [email protected] to give more details so we can address the issues.
PS we fired Dave because of this, hope this takes the sting out of the toaster not working”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks for the replies, good to know I’m not being daft here! All guests get an email prior to their stay with key safe codes, directions etc and a contact number for any issues so it’s a bit odd they didn’t just call or email, especially as their review suggested they were inconvenienced by having to use the grill to make toast.

It’s not like we charge people for breakages so I don’t know why they’re so secretive about it.

@Snippysnips If you read any Mumsnet thread on self-catering places it does very much seem like they expect 5* service like they’d get in a hotel.

Usually from my Outlook when I set up a meeting as soon as I add a meeting attendee it automatically populates it with a Teams link. You send the invite and all sorted. When there is an issue sometimes it doesn’t do this so you send an invite but when you come to check it you realise that it has no embedded Teams link. Could that have been what caused this? The issue is to do with the Teams add-in on Outlook and usually needs to be reinstalled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Usually from my Outlook when I set up a meeting as soon as I add a meeting attendee it automatically populates it with a Teams link. You send the invite and all sorted. When there is an issue sometimes it doesn’t do this so you send an invite but when you come to check it you realise that it has no embedded Teams link. Could that have been what caused this? The issue is to do with the Teams add-in on Outlook and usually needs to be reinstalled.
Thanks, am honestly not sure, she's messed with me for 3 weeks in a row now an its always a excuse so I wasn't sure if this time it was another excuse or legit, personally am starting to get to the stage of telling her to get her arse back in the office if her work is being this affected because she has crappy internet, if she's continuously having bad connection to where it's affecting other people then really she shouldn't be allowed to work from home, I could have had this work done weeks ago an because of her connection issues it's still not signed off which means I'll need extended time to get the rest done which if this continues then god knows how long it will take

My mum is having major surgery tomorrow (triple bypass & 2 valve replacements) I'm not sure what I'm meant to do? Do I go to the hospital & wait whilst she's having the surgery? Do I wait at home & visit in ICU after? I'm next of kin, probate and all that. My siblings aren't going, but I've taken the day off as I know I won't be able to focus in work. Has anyone else bene in this situation? What's the protocol?

• Heart