The advice thread for random problems #5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you both. I thought it would probably be restricting calories combined with more exercise. I'm just so bad at counting calories, I always get it wrong 😆
Calories are a difficult thing because you can't really get an exact an everyone burns them differently, but being aware of calories even if it's a rough guess can definitely help give some sort of control an make you very aware of what you are eating, it's why I do it, I used to have soup an bread for lunch till I realised I was basically eating 600 cals an then I'd be wanting a biscuit a bit later after it at like 100cals each, I had no idea just how much I was consuming at once because some food feels like nothing at the time

Reactions: 4
Thank you both. I thought it would probably be restricting calories combined with more exercise. I'm just so bad at counting calories, I always get it wrong 😆
Breakfast - A big bowl of low cal fruit with fat free yougurt
Or spinach and mushroom with poached egg on 1 slice toast

Lunch - 3 ryvita & 2 scrambled eggs no butter
Or
Ham salad (no cheese, potato, chickpeas etc) with dressing of no fat yog, tiny bit of mustard and lemon juice
Or
Baked potato with salt and pepper, no butter but coleslaw made with grated carrot and cabbage & a table spoon of lighter than light mayo or FF yog.

Snacks - 1/2 grapefruit or veggie sticks or 2% fat turkey mince meat balls or cucumber salad with a soy sauce, garlic and chilli flake dressing or frozen grapes

Dinner - grilled/air fried seasoned chicken breast/white fish/pork medallion with steamed/boiled veg.
Or
Half small pack 2% fat turkey mince fried without fat with chopped peppers, mushroom, onion, chilli and garlic served in lettuce cups
Or
Seasoned roasted cauliflower steaks topped with 2 slices of crispy bacon

You’ll be hard pushed to go beyond too many calories if you stick with that sort of thing and water or zero cal drinks.

On goingly you need protein to feel full but for a crash diet that’s just about dropping pounds for the very short term just use the lowest calorie things to fill up. So piles of homemade coleslaw on a small potato, small chicken breast with tons of green beans. If you feel too hungry add half a baked potato or 1 cup cooked pasta and avoid fats and oils.

Reactions: 1
Breakfast - A big bowl of low cal fruit with fat free yougurt
Or spinach and mushroom with poached egg on 1 slice toast

Lunch - 3 ryvita & 2 scrambled eggs no butter
Or
Ham salad (no cheese, potato, chickpeas etc) with dressing of no fat yog, tiny bit of mustard and lemon juice
Or
Baked potato with salt and pepper, no butter but coleslaw made with grated carrot and cabbage & a table spoon of lighter than light mayo or FF yog.

Snacks - 1/2 grapefruit or veggie sticks or 2% fat turkey mince meat balls or cucumber salad with a soy sauce, garlic and chilli flake dressing or frozen grapes

Dinner - grilled/air fried seasoned chicken breast/white fish/pork medallion with steamed/boiled veg.
Or
Half small pack 2% fat turkey mince fried without fat with chopped peppers, mushroom, onion, chilli and garlic served in lettuce cups
Or
Seasoned roasted cauliflower steaks topped with 2 slices of crispy bacon

You’ll be hard pushed to go beyond too many calories if you stick with that sort of thing and water or zero cal drinks.

On goingly you need protein to feel full but for a crash diet that’s just about dropping pounds for the very short term just use the lowest calorie things to fill up. So piles of homemade coleslaw on a small potato, small chicken breast with tons of green beans. If you feel too hungry add half a baked potato or 1 cup cooked pasta and avoid fats and oils.
Thank you so much. Screenshot this 👌🏼
---
I lost 10lb in 3 weeks doing the fast 800
I’m going to google the fast 800. I’ve never heard of it before

Reactions: 3
Not a problem per se but an annoyance.

I’m honestly sick of recruiters reaching out asking if I’d be interested in discussion opportunities only for them to disappear into thin air when I express my interest & give them my availability for a phone call.

It’s happened to me three times in the past week. Extremely frustrating.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Three months ago I was a victim of a crime. Went to police who were at the time of reporting helpful and sympathetic. BIT I wasn’t given a reference number or any paper. A week later I was assigned the same officer as the person who committed the crime. Person breached bail but officer refused to do anything as “no point”. This officer last rang me two months ago to say they’d let me know what was going on. Nothing since, except 111 refused to come see me as the property can only be visited with armed police.

All day I’ve had calls from an unknown number (police told me not to answer withheld or unknown numbers) which I’ve answered and was asked how satisfied I am with how my case WAS handled.

Am devastated.

I’ve told no one the details, and no one knows the number except police who have put on their social media yesterday how they’re zero tolerance to what I went through and, a victim support policy which is a load of rubbish.

I don’t know what to do. Thoughts?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Three months ago I was a victim of a crime. Went to police who were at the time of reporting helpful and sympathetic. BIT I wasn’t given a reference number or any paper. A week later I was assigned the same officer as the person who committed the crime. Person breached bail but officer refused to do anything as “no point”. This officer last rang me two months ago to say they’d let me know what was going on. Nothing since, except 111 refused to come see me as the property can only be visited with armed police.

All day I’ve had calls from an unknown number (police told me not to answer withheld or unknown numbers) which I’ve answered and was asked how satisfied I am with how my case WAS handled.

Am devastated.

I’ve told no one the details, and no one knows the number except police who have put on their social media yesterday how they’re zero tolerance to what I went through and, a victim support policy which is a load of rubbish.

Make a formal complaint and get it investigated. There are processes which they clearly haven’t followed.

Reactions: 8

Am devastated.

Without knowing what the crime was I can’t give too much help. But there are normally specific groups working with victims of said crimes. Ie if domestic violence there should be a local support group who can help and if not there are fantastic national ones

I had to involve the Police a couple of years ago and it really was like pushing water uphill with a fork. The local officer only appeared to work part time, and when sent to investigate, was completely whitewashed by the other party. I was furious and refused to let it drop - it may have been a mistake but I eventually was given his email address by the woman I kept ringing and that was when I started to make headway. I threatened to make a complaint as I hadn't been taken seriously, and once investigated properly, he eventually managed to pass the file to the CPS and they agreed to charge the other party. Took around 7 months mind, and I was nearly pulling my hair out over it.

Reactions: 7
I can’t put more details, and understand that makes it hard to advise, sorry.
I appreciate your comments, thankyou.

I had to involve the Police a couple of years ago and it really was like pushing water uphill with a fork. The local officer only appeared to work part time, and when sent to investigate, was completely whitewashed by the other party. I was furious and refused to let it drop - it may have been a mistake but I eventually was given his email address by the woman I kept ringing and that was when I started to make headway. I threatened to make a complaint as I hadn't been taken seriously, and once investigated properly, he eventually managed to pass the file to the CPS and they agreed to charge the other party. Took around 7 months mind, and I was nearly pulling my hair out over it.
Thats awful. Looking on their social media shows a lot of comments like this. I’m not anti police but I understand why people are.

ETA landlord still harassing me to get out, had another ‘reminder’ email of that today as well. I honestly am struggling to cope with everything at once. It’s too much. I got someone to help mentally with hoarding and help me with getting rid of things, which I began doing but the police incident means I can’t cope with the therapy so they’ve stopped it. I just find myself so overwhelmed I can do nothing, like I’m trapped inside my body and my body just won’t do anything at all. Scary.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@becca7721 you're stuck in flight or fight mode - no wonder you feel overwhelmed. Don't underestimate the physical effect that stress has on your body. I ended up in hospital when I was so stressed after what happened to me - they thought I was having a heart attack but it turned out to be inflammation of the soft tissue around my ribs (costochondritis). Now every time I get run down or stressed, I get a flare up. It's my warning sign to listen to my body, I guess.

You're human and you've got a lot going on. Be a bit easier on yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Very random and frivolous question but WHY do my grey hairs grow in a rogue and whisky fashion? They just point straight up out of my head away from my other hairs as if they’re saying HIIIIIIII!!!! We’re grey hairs! LOOK! SHE IS AGEING!

I have plucked some out this morning because I have to go and get passport photos done, unfortunately they don’t take to dye so it’s annoying and there’s no escape.

• Haha
Very random and frivolous question but WHY do my grey hairs grow in a rogue and whisky fashion? They just point straight up out of my head away from my other hairs as if they’re saying HIIIIIIII!!!! We’re grey hairs! LOOK! SHE IS AGEING!

I have plucked some out this morning because I have to go and get passport photos done, unfortunately they don’t take to dye so it’s annoying and there’s no escape.
I don't know, but my hair is a mix of very fine wavy strands, and coarse curly ones. The only ones that have gone grey so far are the curly pube-like ones :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have to blend my greys with blonde and deep caramel highlights - they don't take colour up anymore and like you say seem to enjoy growing vertically especially on the front of my head. I get it done every 6 to 8 months and it makes it more bearable.

• Heart
So, not really problems, but more so what should I do pertaining to two similar situations.

1. A former flatmate I haven’t seen in 4 years reached out yesterday asking to go for coffee. We got along quite well until some girl moved in. She and I didn’t get along, so when she moved out, he almost blamed me for it. I ended up moving out too. I don’t have any animosity towards him. It’s water under the bridge. Should I meet him for coffee?

2. This senior person who moved on to a new role months ago, reached out out saying ‘Hope all is well. know if you ever want to catch-up’. Now, this person and I never had direct one to one catch-ups or calls before, but they were in my immediate network. I responded ‘I’d be great to catch-up some time. When would you be available’. Never got an answer. I’m sure they’re busy but it’s a bit weird.

What should I do on 1 and think of 2?

So, not really problems, but more so what should I do pertaining to two similar situations.

1. A former flatmate I haven’t seen in 4 years reached out yesterday asking to go for coffee. We got along quite well until some girl moved in. She and I didn’t get along, so when she moved out, he almost blamed me for it. I ended up moving out too. I don’t have any animosity towards him. It’s water under the bridge. Should I meet him for coffee?

2. This senior person who moved on to a new role months ago, reached out out saying ‘Hope all is well. know if you ever want to catch-up’. Now, this person and I never had direct one to one catch-ups or calls before, but they were in my immediate network. I responded ‘I’d be great to catch-up some time. When would you be available’. Never got an answer. I’m sure they’re busy but it’s a bit weird.

1. Don't think anyone can tell you that, if you want to meet them and continue having a relationship with them then meet them, if not then no.

2. either they said that without meaning it like people often do, you know like saying yeah would be good to catch up cause it's a thing to say, then no one follows up but social obligation of saying that was met. Or they're genuinely just busy and will come back to you eventually

1. Don't think anyone can tell you that, if you want to meet them and continue having a relationship with them then meet them, if not then no.

2. either they said that without meaning it like people often do, you know like saying yeah would be good to catch up cause it's a thing to say, then no one follows up but social obligation of saying that was met. Or they're genuinely just busy and will come back to you eventually
Thanks.

Regarding 2., they reached out randomly. I’d never reached out to them first. A bit strange to send an unsolicited email mentioning a catch-up without following up. Maybe they’ll eventually respond.

Reactions: 1

Reply to person 1 saying something vague like it would be good to catch up. Then arrange depending on their response.

Person 2 probably wants/ needs something from you . They have an agenda , you are either useful to them or they are very nosy.

Life just seems too much today. It’s about this time of the evening I start to wobble. I’ve been out today. Got a coffee alone, scrolled socials, popped to the library and got some new books, did a good food shop. Cooked a lovely meal for me and my son who’s gone out now. I just feel so lonely. I’m early forties. Last night I couldn’t sleep. I walked around my neighbourhood... lovely to see couples snuggling on the sofa watching TV. I came home to an empty house again.
They say fill your cup. I’ve been doing that for decades. Ive been single and happy for ages. I’ve volunteered, travelled, worked more than one job, worked on new hobbies. I just feel, I know this is it for me now and it makes me so incredibly sad... I don’t need a partner to make me happy I know that, it’s just I crave a connection, a cuddle just someone to share hopes and dreams with and support each other you know? If I hear one more cliche or another person in a happy relationship tell me you’ll find someone I’ll go mad!
I’m just finding things tough at the moment. Not sure if it’s perimenopause related or the fact I’ve been hurt by someone who I thought would always be there...
Evenings are the worst... I’ve been trying to go to bed earlier and wake earlier. I’m trying to focus on me. It’s so tough

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Life just seems too much today. It’s about this time of the evening I start to wobble. I’ve been out today. Got a coffee alone, scrolled socials, popped to the library and got some new books, did a good food shop. Cooked a lovely meal for me and my son who’s gone out now. I just feel so lonely. I’m early forties. Last night I couldn’t sleep. I walked around my neighbourhood... lovely to see couples snuggling on the sofa watching TV. I came home to an empty house again.
They say fill your cup. I’ve been doing that for decades. Ive been single and happy for ages. I’ve volunteered, travelled, worked more than one job, worked on new hobbies. I just feel, I know this is it for me now and it makes me so incredibly sad... I don’t need a partner to make me happy I know that, it’s just I crave a connection, a cuddle just someone to share hopes and dreams with and support each other you know? If I hear one more cliche or another person in a happy relationship tell me you’ll find someone I’ll go mad!
I’m just finding things tough at the moment. Not sure if it’s perimenopause related or the fact I’ve been hurt by someone who I thought would always be there...
Evenings are the worst... I’ve been trying to go to bed earlier and wake earlier. I’m trying to focus on me. It’s so tough
It sounds like you're a wonderful person with a very fulfilled life and lots to offer. I know nothing can replace the connection of another person to share it with right now but you are so well placed if you do meet someone it's because you want to, not need to given your ability to thrive as a single person, the foundations are there for it too be really healthy.
Sometimes being so capable on your own means people think you're not looking, have you actively been looking? I think you have to really make it known rather than just being in the right place and available. Have you joined any dating apps or told friends?

• Heart