The 62nd TV WEEK Logie Awards🏆✌🏽

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprised Roger Corser didn't win that category

Ohhhh ... do you know when?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patti Newton pays tribute to her husband Bert
By Meg Watson

After a joyful and loving video tribute to Bert Newton, his wife and partner of 57 years, Patti Newton, enters the stage to a standing ovation.

“This beautiful man of mine,” she says, gesturing to the screen. “Isn’t he fabulous? What am I going to do without him?”

After his passing in October last year, Patti says it’s all “still very raw” and she wasn’t sure she would be able to speak tonight. But ultimately, she felt compelled to attend the event her husband loved so much.

View attachment 1354473

“He absolutely loved [the Logies]. This was his baby … He had this thing where he’d say not everyone lives their dream. But he did. And he loved it.”

Patti also presented the award for most popular presenter, now named in her late husband’s honour, to Hamish Blake: “If I could ask him about this award being named in his honour,” she said, “I’m absolutely certain that he would said ‘What? Not the gold then?’”

The Lego Masters host said he was honoured to take “one step in Bert’s enormous shadow”. The win also seems like a good omen for Blake, who is widely tipped to take the gold as well.
Patti is a treasure! 😭

A picture of Osher ... who I fondly remember as Andrew G on the Channel Orange music TV channel back in the '90s!

An interesting fact: He wears a hearing aid! Which is just amazing because he's proof that having hearing issues doesn't need to hold anyone back (I wear two, and as someone who didn't lose their hearing until their 40s, I find them hugely problematic so it's a helpful reminder to me when I see people like Osher out and about coping just fine!).

View attachment 1354399

View attachment 1354402
Osher is such an underrated person. His podcast is always insightful and his book was a fantastic read.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She looks incredible!

I was reading how she and her partner lived in the original Five Bedrooms house in between filming. That must've been nice!

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Armstrong gets his first Logie
By Meg Watson

He got it! As expected, Tony Armstrong has taken home the Graham Kennedy Award for most popular new talent.

Armstrong has been a sensation over the past year or so, both on TV and all over the internet. It was only earlier this week that his on-air celebrations of the Socceroos making it through to the world cup went viral – which no doubt helped him with the public voting for this category.

In his speech, Armstrong thanked his mum and everyone who’s taken a chance on him – including the National Indigenous Radio Service, where he got his start calling footy games before becoming an on-air sports broadcaster.

“If I hadn’t started out calling football, I wouldn’t have ended up here at the ABC,” he said.

He also used the moment to send a quick message to Justin Stevens, the ABC’s new director of news: “Contract negotiations, mate,” he said, pointing to the award. “We’re on.”

It was a fun joke. But also… he’s not wrong. Armstrong is a hugely exciting new talent – which is especially refreshing considering how static and familiar so much of Australian TV can be. He deserves a pay rise, at the very least.

Vibe check: what’s it like in the room at the Logies?
By Karl Quinn

I don’t know how much of this comes across in the telecast, but inside the room you get a real sense of the mood whenever an award is announced or a presenter takes the stage.

If you’ve been watching at home, you may not know, for instance, that the MAFS people have been and gone. At one ad break – which serves as a toilet break for the invited guests – the table of 10 rose as one and headed off. Synchronised bladders? An impromptu key party? The smart money says it’s common practice: the reality peeps are invited to stay until their category has been called, then it’s time to leave while everyone is still on their best behaviour.

The cameras – or rather the microphones – surely did pick up the chilling silence that greeted Tom Gleeson as he took the stage with Sophie Monk to present an award. Lots of people thought his irony-driven win of the gold in 2019 was hilarious, a stroke of performance-art genius. It’s safe to say not many of those people are in the room tonight.

View attachment 1354546

The anger many evidently still feel towards Gleeson whittled away a little by the end of his routine with Monk (who made an excellent sparring partner), but was there a lingering antipathy that spilled over when Guy Pearce was announced as the most popular actor? Certainly there was an audible gasp.

No such downer vibes for Tony Armstrong, Sam Pang – doubling for Kitty Flanagan, and hailed by voiceover man Tony Martin as “Australia’s most popular actress” – or Bruce McAvaney and Patti Newton, both of whom drew standing ovations.

Bruce’s speech did go on a bit, though. For a moment, it looked like he was going to do an entire history of broadcasting.
Why did the audience not want Guy Pearce to win? I didn’t see that part.

Reactions: 2
A picture of Osher ... who I fondly remember as Andrew G on the Channel Orange music TV channel back in the '90s!

An interesting fact: He wears a hearing aid! Which is just amazing because he's proof that having hearing issues doesn't need to hold anyone back (I wear two, and as someone who didn't lose their hearing until their 40s, I find them hugely problematic so it's a helpful reminder to me when I see people like Osher out and about coping just fine!).

View attachment 1354399

View attachment 1354402
He also has a prosthetic hip. Bionic man

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why did the audience not want Guy Pearce to win? I didn’t see that part.
I have no idea (copied and pasted that from SMH).

--------------------------

Before I say what I'm about to, just know that I'm old and cranky :LOL: I get annoyed with the childish behaviour of some of the "stars" - you know, who can get the drunkest / be the biggest baffoon. Ada from H&A annoyed me with the silly dance she did (revealing her underwear) https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/vide...77149430/1024x576_MP4_2906194877577149430.mp4

I know reality shows are cheap to make, but I long for the good old days of great drama such as 'House Husbands' and 'Winners and Losers' ... sure, they still produce a few dramas but the landscape has completely changed.

The MaFS folks should've invited Cam and Jules to represent them - they're slightly less annoying than the ones they did have, not to mention far better behaved.

Reactions: 1
Yep, no idea re Guy Pearce. I'd flaked by then and gone to lay down in bed. Missed the business end of the night (congrats on the gold, Hamish), and the International Entertainment. When will the organisers get the memo that we don't need international d-listers at the ceremony - we have enough talent in our own Asia Pacific region. I mean, Mel B seems like a decent sort but she added no value. I didn't see the chap singing so no idea, but surely Delta could've used a gig? Anyway, just my personal little bugbear 🤓

Have a listen to his podcast Better than yesterday. He goes into it. The hearing aids are from working at concerts for years without proper hearing protection.
Really?! Osher is full of surprises!

It's a big call, but I'm going to make it: he's a national treasure.

• Heart
1655699634223.png

Tara Rushton ... WOW, just wow. Definitely the best dressed in my opinion (Tara - 1st, April Rose - 2nd, Leigh - 3rd)

Another lovely lady who is just so lovely and looks amazing but dresses like a nana (like Sylvia):

1655699799541.png

Joh Griggs ...
A bit disappointing not to see Better Homes and Gardens on the list of nominees ... but then again, I don't like their treatment of presenters (first Rob, the handy guy, who was replaced by Adam from House Rules; and then the really lovely gardening guy, who has been replaced by Charlie from Selling Houses Australia)

Reactions: 1