Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I noticed that she’s now known as Laura Rutherford (Her real name) aka the Influencer previously known as That Mummy Smile. Wonder if her momma, That Granny Smile, will now change her name? She’s also taken out the word influencer previously used in her description, and is calling herself a blogger. Her post of New Years Eve is rather cringe. She definitely reads here. Hi Laura!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

AmberSpyglass

VIP Member
She said absolutely not, it was her right to have a SH property as she grew up in one in NH and had a right to stay there

Ooh the sense of entitlement is great in that one.

Found my way here after the events of a few days ago! Let me get this understood, this woman is in social housing in Notting hill simply because she was born into it, and she remains there? Not budging to allow anyone genuinely in housing need. Despite being of sufficient financial standing to be able to afford a life - on her own two feet - a little elsewhere? How entitled if so. There are families genuinely on the breadline. And don’t use the kids are in school card. In the real world, families move where they can afford. Goodness me!

...and even better, Floss above (who is blatantly TMS) says, “It’s not her fault there is a shortage of SH today.” Yes, yes well, it IS PART of her fault. You are house blocking one of the very homes they’re in desperate needs of using. For someone in need. Aghhh.
The thing is that SH doesn't have a time limit, so it is within her remit to stay there. What got me was her air of entitlement, 'I deserve this!' as she was on holiday in France for 6 weeks and her deep sadness that her sons would not be given automatic entitlement to a property in the area the way she was at 18. She made the announcement in light of something else that was going on in insta, can't remember exactly (was it to do with CC?) but she was trying to get down with the sistas, showing them that she wasn't some minted woman. It drastically backfired on her though!

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
Her last two Insta posts - Why are Asda & Tesco gifting her stuff/inviting her to things?! She has a small following and probably shops at Waitrose anyway 🙄😂

Avocadoontoast

me and my husband grew up in London and both our parents still live there but after we got married and wanted to start a family, we could no longer afford to live there so had to move out to Berkshire. I know so many people in our situation who have had to do the same. Just because our parents weren’t in social housing we had no claim to the place we grew up, I just don’t get this ridiculous sense of false entitlement! It actually makes my eyes roll 🙄! How is she failing to see her own immaturity

Treesy19

VIP Member
Now my least favourite person. Funny thing is I'd never heard of her till the mod drama.
Same!

I am shocked shed in social housing with a holiday home In France
Her profile makes it seem like they very wealthy.
Did she buy Disney on ice tickets or gifted as know other influencers were and there's no ad gifted on her stories.

Wow is this her council house.
Looks like something from 4 weddings and funeral.
She must be in good school catchment to job nob with David Cameron who chose faith schools for his kids.
I think I would be wealthy if I got to reduced rent. She clearly won’t budge because she believes herself to be owed it?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Treesy19

VIP Member
The thing is that SH doesn't have a time limit, so it is within her remit to stay there. What got me was her air of entitlement, 'I deserve this!' as she was on holiday in France for 6 weeks and her deep sadness that her sons would not be given automatic entitlement to a property in the area the way she was at 18. She made the announcement in light of something else that was going on in insta, can't remember exactly (was it to do with CC?) but she was trying to get down with the sistas, showing them that she wasn't some minted woman. It drastically backfired on her though!
Yes the entitlement is excruciatingly breathtaking. I don’t live near my parents - like many, god forbid I had to go out into the world and carve a career on my own and move where those jobs were. Why she thinks her children should be given SH is shocking.

Carobee

She is awfully privileged and not very self aware or grateful. Always complaining and crying and moaning when she has a wonderful life and family and home. I watched 1917 in the cinema recently and it was horrific what our grandparents generation went through then came out and watched her stories on the bus and I felt so angry she doesn’t know she is born she has everything.

Jodie64

Urgh. This woman is unbelievable. She's run a competition and given one of the prizes to her sister. How can they get away with this nepotism?
She's also flogging crappy revision booklets - more parent guilting. She bangs on about her anxiety but gives no fucks about how she profits from expoliting her followers.
I’ve just seen this story!! How is this fair?? Can’t fucking stand the woman 😡

Treesy19

VIP Member
I laughed at her advising everyone to shop with small brands as they need the money more than the big chains. Sorry love but I need the money too, why would I spend £30 on a t-shirt for a five year old when I can get it in Tesco for £5? Her christmas 'buys' were hilarious, a desk (made from ethically sourced wood) as a main present for a young child? I think my child would be very angry at Santa for that :LOL:
I thought the exact same. Sure, I’d love to only shop from small brands. But I need my money to pay our bills too. I have shopped small brands several times but you just cannot exclusively do it unless you’re well off!

Bubblebarbie

She drives me bonkers. She uses bots to follow you and then when you follow back she unfollows. I hate when instagrammers use dirty tactics like that to boost their numbers .Did it to me. Anyone who has “social media influencer” in their bio is an absolute T... she doesn’t even pretend that she’s not in for the insta fane

• Wow
Cannot believe the audacity of ‘That mummy smiles’ stories today which tell us to ‘not spend money in the sales’ and to ‘save your money for experiences to have as a family’.

It’s ok though for us to spend money on: New Boilers, sky kids watches, Juice Jelly pouches, Oliver Bonos dresses, parka coats, or any of the other crap she’s been trying to flog us.
Yes and don't forget her encouraging us to spend x10 on small businesses because they need it, as if we don't :unsure:

Babel

The social housing post from her was atrocious. To me she is a bit of a clinger on and kissing up to the bigger instamums. I don't look at her anymore though, she might have improved.

I don’t think the problem was in the body of the SH post but in the follow up replies to comments, TMS was horrid and her husband an utter bellend.
I went off her for good after it emerged her husband had DM'd Cash Carraway and called her, among other things, "a c*nt"....

But women supporting women right?

Boblebob

VIP Member
What can I say but cringe. Comes across desperate trying to be an instamum. Jumps on any drama I.e. Cash carraway and the whole deal with tattles at the moment.