Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JAR21

VIP Member
We have centre court tickets 😁

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are super excited, will be making the most of our visit and strolling around everywhere. Hoping it’s not too hot though 🤞🏼
I'd have a trip to M&S on your way there and at least take a pack of sandwiches. You won't want to leave a match or join a long queue, so it's best to at least have some food. Also, there are water fountains, so you can refill water bottles.

Reactions: 6

Notworthy

VIP Member
Emma was on centre because she was playing a seeded player but she pulled out and they kept her on it I guess cos she’s british

Andy still hasn’t decided then!!
This plus the fact that Emma has actually won a GS and people want to watch her.
Katie Boulter got to play on Centre a couple of years ago as a WC when she played Pliskova.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Well Djoker won, but at least he had to fight for it a little, and his opponent was no Wimbledon finalist (still salty over the Sinner/Berrettini meeting in round 2)

• Heart

Panda girl 04

Chatty Member
That was emotional to watch. Interesting that Andy said he would prefer to be in the players box then in the stands. Wonder if he will go in to coaching?

What a player ❤
Screenshot_20240704_213736_Facebook.jpg

• Heart

Pivot

VIP Member
So gutted for Andy that he didn't get his last singles match at Wimbledon as he would have wanted. Hopefully he can mange the doubles with Jamie.

forthelifeofriley

I still think he should have committed to a decision Monday evening as he previously said to give the lucky looser more time to know - Andy knew he was never going to play

hannah123

VIP Member

I get she’s British and grand slam winner, but Emma getting centre court over Sinner or Sabalenka on court 1 is mad to me. Maybe I’m just not as enamoured by her as others, I find the other higher ranked women more entertaining to watch and find Katie Boulter as another Brit more charming in post match interviews. Sorry to be a hater 🤷🏻‍♀️

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
from what he said, I reckon he will go into coaching but I think he will do the occasional commentating.
a great tribute to him, I’m glad Sue came back for it. We got to see his dry sense of humour too 🥰

• Heart

Notworthy

VIP Member
Big Emma fan here. So refreshing to see someone like her prioritise her education before transitioning to the tour and then taking every opportunity that comes her way after her US Open win. She knows her own mind at such a young age and I think that should be applauded.

Reactions: 5

londongirl2001

VIP Member
and now hes out.....def something going on with him
I think so too and it’s sad to witness. I know he’s hinted before at mental health problems, so I hope he’s getting some help. He’s so talented, but you can tell he’s getting frustrated (at himself) for not playing at the level he probably could.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
Does anyone else find this awkward and cringeworthy from Tommy's girlfriend. He looks really uncomfortable to me.

• Haha
  • Wow

veronica71

VIP Member
Eeeek!!!!! Heres to a good fortnight - these first few days are exhausting trying to keep up with it!

Andy will decide this evening if he's playing

omg1

24 GS is already the GOAT in the minds of most logical ppl, esp the ones who actually play tennis. It's a laughing stock that some ppl wants it to be based on their emotions just because Fed and Nadal did not achieve the most no. of GS. Ultimately, they are all great players.
---
Im just thinking selfishly as well as someone with tickets, but it could mess up the scheduling for who’s playing on what court as well. They’ll obviously want to put Andy on centre court but if he pulls out really last minute you could end up with 2 players on centre that shouldn’t really be there.
If he pulls out last minute, they will move another match with a higher seed into centre or one with British interest like Draper ( if he's in the same side of the draw). The worst thing would be he decides to take to the court and lasts no more than 3 games like at Queens. That would be really awkward for all.

Last edited:

Notworthy

VIP Member
Awesome, thank you. We are going to get food there but I’m taking some snacks and lots of flavoured water.
You're going to have an amazing time. I'm hoping to get tickets in the resale for Monday and Tuesday. There is so much going on in the 1st week and a lot of fantastic players playing on the outside courts so I check who is playing where beforehand and then plan my day accordingly.
Most of the time I'm only in my seat for 1 match then wandering around on the outside courts.
Food is at a premium price inside but not insanely priced like Wembley and is a decent standard. I usually get a pasty which is about 25% more than you would pay usually. Coffee is around £3.50 to £4 so comparable.
You do have to pay extra for a reusable coffee cup so I would take your own if you have 1.

Also there are loads of water refill places around the grounds. I'll give the their due they know how to put an event on, it's so well run