Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Decided to listen to Wimbledon radio via the app on my walk home from work.

Had the displeasure of having to listen to the interviewer speak to Alison Hammond, who said that:
- She was at Wimbledon but the tennis had gone over her head
- She watched the Alcaraz match but wasnā€™t staying to watch Emma
- The best part of her day was a burger for lunch. As these things ā€œare about the food reallyā€

Iā€™m sure tennis fans who havenā€™t got tickets this year would be DELIGHTED to hear that šŸ˜”

Anyway Andreeva in a bit of trouble on Court 12 but has just broken back. Hope she comes through, I really like her attitude
So many celebs get invited by sponsors and I donā€™t think any of them are tennis fans. Itā€™s really annoying.

Reactions: 11
Iā€™ll be watching Paige like a hawk at Wimbledon. Sheā€™s inadvertently hilarious!

And her gripping the trophy here like she won the tournament šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

1719390824257.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Sounds fine, have a wonderful time! What court do you have tickets for?
We have centre court tickets šŸ˜

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are super excited, will be making the most of our visit and strolling around everywhere. Hoping itā€™s not too hot though šŸ¤žšŸ¼

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Yel

Chatty Member

Had the displeasure of having to listen to the interviewer speak to Alison Hammond, who said that:
- The best part of her day was a burger for lunch. As these things ā€œare about the food reallyā€

Iā€™m sure tennis fans who havenā€™t got tickets this year would be DELIGHTED to hear that šŸ˜”

Anyway Andreeva in a bit of trouble on Court 12 but has just broken back. Hope she comes through, I really like her attitude
The brands that fund these people should be named and shamed. I bet she was given a couple of tickets for centre court and they were empty all day apart from when she quickly popped on to get a photo.

There has to be a better much way for the brands to do things that don't screw over the people that are actually interested in tennis.

Reactions: 8

veronica71

VIP Member
I think itā€™s the right decision for his body not to play in singles so soon after the procedure on his back but I hope he can manage doubles with Jamie šŸ¤ž
I think doubles with his brother - which while still important isn't so pressured - would be a perfect way to say goodbye (gonna cry this week whatever happens I think!)

Reactions: 7

Yel

Chatty Member
The quality of the ā€celebsā€ has definitely gone down thoughšŸ¤£
I think that's the real rub. You expect Brad pit and Arianna grande types at the final sponsored by Ralph Lauren. But now all these Instagram bints get seats and happily admit they have no interest in tennis

• Angry

forthelifeofriley

• Wow

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Can't wait to see the pristine grass turn to shit after 2 service games. I do like how beaten up the court looks during the final. Almost like it tells a story.

• Heart
Reactions: 6