Tell me your secrets!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to comment and say you’re not alone! I pluck out the hairs on my legs with tweezers and fixate on removing any stubble, to the point where I dig under the skin and start to bleed.. I have lots of scars and scabs from repeatedly doing it. I also bite away the skin on my lips and inside of my cheeks for as long as I can remember.

I try to stop myself but eventually I give in, it just feels really satisfying and distracts me from thinking about other things.

Two of my cats would sometimes pull out their fur and the vets said it was caused by stress and anxiety. Perhaps it is similar?

I feel like an oddball too but I remind myself that we all cope with things differently in life and that’s okay ❤
What you are describing here is a form of self harm. All of it - plucking out hairs, biting cheeks, those who are picking their nails etc - it’s all under the self harm banner.

Reactions: 5
I watch new episodes of TV shows when my husband is at work and pretend that I haven’t because he would be annoyed that I’d watched without him.

If he’s reading this, I’m sorry. I can’t help myself. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I watch new episodes of TV shows when my husband is at work and pretend that I haven’t because he would be annoyed that I’d watched without him.

If he’s reading this, I’m sorry. I can’t help myself. 😂
I do this too, and pretend to be shocked when stuff happens 😂😂 I put on a whole performance, like an actress 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I do this too, and pretend to be shocked when stuff happens 😂😂 I put on a whole performance, like an actress 🤣
Same, so glad it’s not just me 😂 he never seems to suspect either! Sometimes I’ll toy with him and “guess” something that’s going to happen and he’ll be like “how did you know that?” 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Same, so glad it’s not just me 😂 he never seems to suspect either! Sometimes I’ll toy with him and “guess” something that’s going to happen and he’ll be like “how did you know that?” 😭🤣
😂😂 I’m not as good as you, I get carried away with my “predictions” and it becomes so obvious I’ve seen it 😭😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I deliberately give my dad fake endings to movies he's currently sat watching. Drives him mad thinking it's true and he asks why did I have to "spoil" it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m in love with a guy I’ve been friends with for years. He moved away a while ago and we’re not in touch that often anymore but I’m still not over it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you so much for your reply! It’s ‘nice’ to know I’m not the only one suffering with this. I thought it could be this too but the fact I use tweezers and scissors made me think that it wasn’t that?
But your reply gave me some hope because I feel so alone in this and it stresses me out. I do want to speak to my doctor but I think I need to build up the courage first.
I'm so glad I read this thread. I've picked and chewed skin on my fingers since I was a teen (I'm in my late 30s now). I also pick skin my feet, and use nail clippers to help do this too.

I've always thought I was a bit of a weirdo for this, but knowing I'm not alone is something.

I only do my feet when I'm super stressed - I've not been for a while so they're ina good state right now. My fingers are not so great right now, and the fact that I also nail bite does not help 😔

• Heart
I'm so glad I read this thread. I've picked and chewed skin on my fingers since I was a teen (I'm in my late 30s now). I also pick skin my feet, and use nail clippers to help do this too.

I've always thought I was a bit of a weirdo for this, but knowing I'm not alone is something.

I only do my feet when I'm super stressed - I've not been for a while so they're ina good state right now. My fingers are not so great right now, and the fact that I also nail bite does not help 😔
I’m a terrible nail biter, have been since a toddler according to my mum, tried everything to stop, I also pick my feet & toe nails as I can’t stand having my toe nails long so I pick those too, cutting them goes through me, but picking the skin off my feet is so therapeutic to me, I’ve done it that bad before I’ve made them bleed same with my toe nails. I find stripping wallpaper/peeling paint therapeutic as well people say I’m weird.

Reactions: 3
I’m a terrible nail biter, have been since a toddler according to my mum, tried everything to stop, I also pick my feet & toe nails as I can’t stand having my toe nails long so I pick those too, cutting them goes through me, but picking the skin off my feet is so therapeutic to me, I’ve done it that bad before I’ve made them bleed same with my toe nails. I find stripping wallpaper/peeling paint therapeutic as well people say I’m weird.
It's refreshing to read that people have the same compulsions. I felt so alone about it all.

I love having nice painted toenails but once they get to a certain length, I tend to self sabotage by picking them or cutting them very short 😭

Reactions: 3
I’ve chewed on the skin around my fingernails since I was a child too. I still do it and I’m in my early 30’s. It’s just one of those things I can’t help, but it’s definitely worse when I’m feeling anxious.

• Heart
I have a secret instagram account with 10k followers lmao. Am I an influencer yet? Do I get a tattle thread of my own? :ROFLMAO:

It's just a meme account (mental health memes, shitposting and so on) & I share my daily struggles/candid thoughts on my stories. God knows I needed some type of outlet for all my anxious and depressive thoughts. I've never shared my real identity/face or anything like that. What's truly baffling is every so often, a random meme will get an outrageous amount of likes (current record is 40k) and I honestly have no idea how it reached that many people?? Maybe other people sharing stuff on their stories? IDK.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20