Teen Mom Uk #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the only reason he will get back with her and stay with her is because he will feel like he has no other option. Let’s be fair he’s got that mortgage with her. By law she can stay there until her sons an adult and Jordan won’t be able to f all and probably will still have to pay half. He’s not going to be able to do all that and afford to live alone etc, doubt he wants to live with his mum. Plus doesn’t he work for Chloe’s dad? Talk about being stuck.
That's very true. I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember her saying their mortgage wasn't very expensive (I could be wrong but I remember thinking tit it'd be at least twice that amount where I live) so I suppose he'd pay that in place of child maintenance but I always forget he works for her dad. What an awkward situation! It's not gonna be as easy as cutting ties other than for their child which is a shame because you can see how unhappy he is with that life. And she's only going to end up more hurt in the long run because he can't be who she wants him to be.

Reactions: 6
I dont think either of them are bad parents at all. But I do think Chloe is entitled and naive. I don't think she's ever gone without so naturally she will feel entitled to and expect the nicer things in life. That's not her fault nor is it her parents' fault. If you can give your child the world you absolutely would!

I don't think simply wanting things makes you ambitious. We all want a nice house and a nice car and a nice family. Ambitious people make it happen. Chloe has never come across as somebody who is making it happen for herself, and she's made it clear a few times that she isn't willing to struggle.

Reactions: 11
That's very true. I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember her saying their mortgage wasn't very expensive (I could be wrong but I remember thinking tit it'd be at least twice that amount where I live) so I suppose he'd pay that in place of child maintenance but I always forget he works for her dad. What an awkward situation! It's not gonna be as easy as cutting ties other than for their child which is a shame because you can see how unhappy he is with that life. And she's only going to end up more hurt in the long run because he can't be who she wants him to be.
And she suddenly got a job working alongside him - so he literally had no time away from her :( some couples are ok with that set up but I know a load who wouldn't be! I do feel sorry for her, I feel like she doesn't really know who she is beyond their relationship. Remember when she wanted to be a midwife? What happened to that? She would probably be good at it, she takes no tit and gets a job done! 😁

Ooo maybe if it’s not too expensive she should be fine then. I feel like he would be going back for the wrong reasons though and like you said she will always force him and put pressure on him to be someone he isn’t. Can’t imagine things getting better either, she will probs always wanna see his phone or bring up what he did. I bet if they cut ties she would get over it eventually an be happier for it. She surely is doing fine for money if she’s buying range rovers ffs 🙈 considering she wanted to go to uni and wasn’t sure how she was going to manage it shocks me though.

I don't think the problem would be Chloe affording it. I think the problem would be whether she'd be able to get a mortgage on her own if she's not working a well paying, stable, full-time job?

Reactions: 5
I've always wondered how much they actually get paid to be on the show. I'm guessing most of their money comes from '#ads' but some of them still seem to have very little whilst others hugely splash out

And she suddenly got a job working alongside him - so he literally had no time away from her :( some couples are ok with that set up but I know a load who wouldn't be! I do feel sorry for her, I feel like she doesn't really know who she is beyond their relationship. Remember when she wanted to be a midwife? What happened to that? She would probably be good at it, she takes no tit and gets a job done! 😁
Yeah that was odd. I know it's her dad's company so it's not weird she works there but I can't think of anything worse than working with my husband day in, day out. I guess like you said some are OK with it and she's probably one of those people whilst he isn't.

I do agree, their relationship is all she's known for her adult life. She's probably struggling without him, it's very easy to take someone back when they're your safety blanket.

I actually think they're back together anyway. They definitely get back together after what we're seeing now and then it happens again a few months later which we are obviously yet to see (the cuddled up on the sofa stuff) but I really don't buy that they're just isolating together.

Last edited:
I think she said her monthly payments are around £350/£450 which is next to nothing in my eyes as I live in London.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think they even get paid for the show and if they do it’s very little. British reality shows don’t tend to pay their cast. Apparently TOWIE pay their cast £50 per day! They depend on getting paid for ads and that’s why many work normal jobs. Where as the US version of teen mom pays their cast well! 🤔 I think that’s why so many girls on the UK version have left easily, if they were being paid it would probs make them wanna stay. X

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Afaik, same with Towie etc. They get paid the same going rate as an 'extra' would on a t.v show so around £72, but obviously make more with collabs and they get freebies.

Reactions: 3
I did wonder about jordan working for chloe's dad after he cheated on her, how awkward!

I think this is exactly where the divide is. I don't see Chloe as being ambitious. I see her as entitled. I didn't see her swanning off to make things happen for herself when Jordan dug his heels in. She just wore him down until she got what she wanted, or that's how it seemed to me.

Tbh I disliked her from the start because she just seemed to always moan about being with Marley 24/7 and doing the majority of his care. That's just what being a stay at home mum is. Also she always talked about how she never got a break from Marley but forgot about when she was bleeping off to Spain without him when he was a few months old.

I'll stop now. I'm a stay at home mum to young kids so it's an emotive subject for me. 😂🙈
I agree I always thought she was quite spoiled by her parents and entitled plus doesn’t seem to understand how it comes across when she basically always gets gets her own way like the dog, bigger house etc she always wants brand new things to and is very privileged probably doesn’t understand a working class upbringing so just expects to get what she wants. I remember her moaning at start and having a go at her mum like her mum should be doing more to care for her child

I’ve been following this thread for a while because none of my friends watch Teen Mom Uk and I love seeing what other people think about it ! Just wanted to share my thoughts on the whole amber /ste situation.

Obviously we only see a tiny part of what’s happening , but speaking as a survivor of a DV relationship , sometimes I see behaviour that reminds me a lot of my own situation . If Ste really is saying horrible and degrading things to her one minute and then is lovely the next , it can create a state of total confusion. When someone is constantly tearing you down and then building you up again, you start to hang your self worth upon that person. It’s literally impossible to think straight when you’re in this kind of situation , it’s like being the matrix where you accept things you never ever would in your right mind because of how they become normalised and how the other person encourages you to believe it’s your own fault etc

Strangely enough , my own ex was from Blackpool, we lived there for over a year. He played football against Ste and I saw Amber once in the high street , smiled at her and she looked at me like I was mad 😂. A friend of mine also went to primary and secondary with her. As someone that comes from SE England, I have to say the culture in Blackpool is very different . Lots of deprivation etc and people are more worried about making ends meet than they are about how their s/o is treating them , which adds to the normalisation of said behaviour.

If that is the case with amber then I feel really sorry for her, especially if Ste is now trying to isolate her from her mum etc

Reactions: 17
Also interesting but random fact , my ex also drove a taxi and he had Ste in there a couple of times . Ste said he can’t stand to watch himself back on the show apparently 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I remember her moaning at start and having a go at her mum like her mum should be doing more to care for her child
That's what got to me most.

One minute she's smugly saying "well we're not typical 18 year olds" the next me "I'm still 18 and I never go out and see my friends" etc etc.

I’ve been following this thread for a while because none of my friends watch Teen Mom Uk and I love seeing what other people think about it ! Just wanted to share my thoughts on the whole amber /ste situation.

Obviously we only see a tiny part of what’s happening , but speaking as a survivor of a DV relationship , sometimes I see behaviour that reminds me a lot of my own situation . If Ste really is saying horrible and degrading things to her one minute and then is lovely the next , it can create a state of total confusion. When someone is constantly tearing you down and then building you up again, you start to hang your self worth upon that person. It’s literally impossible to think straight when you’re in this kind of situation , it’s like being the matrix where you accept things you never ever would in your right mind because of how they become normalised and how the other person encourages you to believe it’s your own fault etc

Strangely enough , my own ex was from Blackpool, we lived there for over a year. He played football against Ste and I saw Amber once in the high street , smiled at her and she looked at me like I was mad 😂. A friend of mine also went to primary and secondary with her. As someone that comes from SE England, I have to say the culture in Blackpool is very different . Lots of deprivation etc and people are more worried about making ends meet than they are about how their s/o is treating them , which adds to the normalisation of said behaviour.

If that is the case with amber then I feel really sorry for her, especially if Ste is now trying to isolate her from her mum etc

I agree with you

Reactions: 4
Chloe just wants the best of everything, whether it’s handed to her or she works for it, but she gets it. Their clothes are all designer, I’m sure I’ve seen Marley dressed in Moncler. Jordan’s clothes are all CP or Stone Island. Chloe is Gucci or Chanel belts, Viv Westwood earrings.

when they were buying the house she wanted better flooring so borrowed the money from her Aunt without speaking to Jordan

Reactions: 15
when they were buying the house she wanted better flooring so borrowed the money from her Aunt without speaking to Jordan
Yeah and when Jordan was (rightfully) annoyed she was like "what was I supposed to do say no and we not have the nice flooring"

Yes Chloe that's what normal people do hun. You make do for a while and work hard to get the pretty things you want. 🤣

Reactions: 18
Megan has called her new dog " Gucci " 😏 ffs....and it has it's own insta page. Wonder how long until it disappears like the last dog.
Have I missed something somewhere? 🙈 can’t see anything about a dog on her page x

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.