Taylor Swift #28 In my heart is a Christmas tree farm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title from @Waffleandlies

Taylor has just been named Time's Person of the Year for 2023. This makes it the second time after she was on the cover for 2017's Silence Breakers.
Jack Antonoff revealed You're Losing Me (which was made available to stream after Taylor was named Spotify Artist of the Year) was written in December 2021. ☕
Taylor attended Beyonce's Renaissance premiere and another Chiefs game.

Reactions: 12
So the breakup news about Joe dropped early April, she started ‘dating’ Matty in May and then started hanging out with/dating Travis in July immediately after the podcast?

Unless her a Joe broke up a long time before it was announced I really think she should seek therapy for relationships, because that’s not a healthy timeline coming out of a 6 year relationship. It screams of desperately needing to be liked, which is quite sad really…

Reactions: 30
I thought the Time interview went easy on her too. I suppose she so rarely does an indepth interview that they want to keep her happy, and also I can imagine the approvals processes are intense - we all know Mama Tree doesn't like criticism of her girl 😂

That said I liked getting to hear more from her, it's always interesting to hear what she reveals and I guess we are going to have Travis around for awhile if he's featured heavily as he is in this interview. Queen B you are right about the lack of gap between him and Matty, which is ... yeah. Not metal.

I thought it was intriguing - and a little clunky - that they slipped in mention of the rep rerecord, I thought it would be the announcement for a moment but no dice!

Finally, her lamenting of 'moving to a foreign country' during the Kim K/snake cancellation is laughable. She moved to HIGHGATE in London with her serious boyfriend. I don't want to undermine how stressful and traumatic it must have been to go through that experience, but she has us imagining she was out in the middle of the the desert or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So the breakup news about Joe dropped early April, she started ‘dating’ Matty in May and then started hanging out with/dating Travis in July immediately after the podcast?

Unless her a Joe broke up a long time before it was announced I really think she should seek therapy for relationships, because that’s not a healthy timeline coming out of a 6 year relationship. It screams of desperately needing to be liked, which is quite sad really…
I was going to have my first comment in this thread as ‘Tay, go to therapy’ but 😅

Seriously though, she *really* should.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Is her brother ok? Haven't seen a photo of him in years since reading the article today and he looks very different compared to a few years ago when he was trying to become an actor.

Reactions: 2
Finally, her lamenting of 'moving to a foreign country' during the Kim K/snake cancellation is laughable. She moved to HIGHGATE in London with her serious boyfriend. I don't want to undermine how stressful and traumatic it must have been to go through that experience, but she has us imagining she was out in the middle of the the desert or something.
I’ve thought about this before, but I really think she plays up the Great Cancellation of 2016 and reputation not being a huge hit for her at the time. I’m sure it was a hard time for her, but she was still running around the place with Tom Hiddleston that summer even after all the drama in July - she seemed kinda unbothered by it at the time until she made it her whole vibe for reputation. And then she dumped Tom and was straight into it with Joe. I don’t know about you, but if I was going through the lowest point in my life and depressed, dating would be the last thing on my mind.

Reactions: 33
I’ve thought about this before, but I really think she plays up the Great Cancellation of 2016 and reputation not being a huge hit for her at the time. I’m sure it was a hard time for her, but she was still running around the place with Tom Hiddleston that summer even after all the drama in July - she seemed kinda unbothered by it at the time until she made it her whole vibe for reputation. And then she dumped Tom and was straight into it with Joe. I don’t know about you, but if I was going through the lowest point in my life and depressed, dating would be the last thing on my mind.
Exactly!! And yet that sorry excuse for a journalist didn't push her on this. Was just like "oh okay."

Her feelings are of course valid. If she felt cancelled and hated that's how she felt. But let's not forget about reality. The interviewer should have asked better questions and asked her how she reconciles those feelings with the commercial success of Reputation and the fact that she was starting a new relationship that would go on to be her longest one yet, etc etc.

Reactions: 22
I’m not 100% sure on timelines but I think the edited version of the phone call came after she got with Tom and then came TSIsOverParty

For what it’s worth, basically every person I knew in real life acted like she murdered someone 😂
---
From the article “The upcoming vault tracks for Reputation will be “fire,” she promises”. Give them to us then!

Reactions: 8
But reputation WAS a hit by sales metrics. It was the number one selling album in the US in 2017. The tour was extremely lucrative. It certainly didn't have the 18 month long singles success of 1989 but it wasn't a flop. It was only because it was a tough act to follow that it was perceived as a flop. She was spurned by the Grammys as well (not unfairly if you ask me 🫣) but it went down as well as any of her other albums by the fans.

Reactions: 18
I’m not 100% sure on timelines but I think the edited version of the phone call came after she got with Tom and then came TSIsOverParty

For what it’s worth, basically every person I knew in real life acted like she murdered someone 😂
---
From the article “The upcoming vault tracks for Reputation will be “fire,” she promises”. Give them to us then!
Yeah the phone call came out in July and she was with Tom from May to September (I think?) So Tom was actually the one there supporting her when it all first happened, not Joe, like she kept saying. And I don’t think she would have “disappeared” for year either, except Joe wanted to be quiet with her at first. I think it’s why I kinda slept on reputation at the time - I was over her drama and always having to be the victim in everything. She’s quite grating as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It just all feels a bit disingenuous to me, the one thing she has always had is trust with her fans, that bond, and yes absolutely she’s allowed a private life and the fans aren’t entitled to know her every move, but it all just feels so planned and dictated and bad attitude’y?! Like as fans we are now quesitoning things that have been done and said, with some of it feeling like it’s now laced with her laughing at us really in her attitude. I’ve had the ick for a few months now about how she’s handled herself at times, it just feels like she’s gone more braggy and egotistical to the max, like she’s let it all go to her head than it ever has, and yes well done on record breaking tours etc but this is all adding to an over saturation situation again potentially alienating some fans.

Reactions: 19
Okay I’ve noticed a recent trend in pictures and I don’t want to say the words out loud but is she… DITCHING THE FRINGE?

Taylor babe the fact that you are a fellow fringe girlie literally stops me from growing mine out when it looks tit (every other day) pls don’t tell me the forehead is here to stay

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@EnoughAlready I'm very much aligned with how you're feeling.

I also got this sense of her thinking she's too big to cancel now, bragging a bit much.

Added to the whole I'm never getting back those years at home (which, Tay, two of those it was all because of a pandemic. None of us are getting back those years...you're not special on this front).

And trying to play victim and like someone else has said at some point, you can't play victim and pretend you're the underdog while also objectively being top dog. It just doesn't work that way. She can't try to play those cards anymore while she sits on top of her billion dollars and all her records. It doesn't fit her these days.

And of course, not taking ownership for her decisions. I just get this feeling she blames Joe for the private years when she's a grown ass woman capable of making her own decisions. And if for any reason she's not making her own decisions or feels like she can't make them then... All together now: THERAPY.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@EnoughAlready I'm very much aligned with how you're feeling.

I also got this sense of her thinking she's too big to cancel now, bragging a bit much.

Added to the whole I'm never getting back those years at home (which, Tay, two of those it was all because of a pandemic. None of us are getting back those years...you're not special on this front).

And trying to play victim and like someone else has said at some point, you can't play victim and pretend you're the underdog while also objectively being top dog. It just doesn't work that way. She can't try to play those cards anymore while she sits on top of her billion dollars and all her records. It doesn't fit her these days.

And of course, not taking ownership for her decisions. I just get this feeling she blames Joe for the private years when she's a grown ass woman capable of making her own decisions. And if for any reason she's not making her own decisions or feels like she can't make them then... All together now: THERAPY.
Agree with this 100%

Sometimes I get the impression Taylor is one of those girls who doesn’t do being single. Like it’s better to have someone even if he’s a pig than nobody.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As someone who works in the media side of things, completly agree with how soft the interviewer was on her, but it was really a fluff piece. I’d imagine her agreeing to be Time Person of The Year came with a lot of strict instructions about what could be asked and what couldn’t.

I’ve found it interesting how little press she’s done this year. I know she’s been running the risk of overexposure, but I can’t shake the feeling that they are keeping a very tight control on interviews this year for fear of something being asked and causing issues.

I also think it was a mistake to talk about Travis in the Times piece. She should have given a few quotes to a friendly outlet like People. Using a big accomplishment like Time to talk about the guy you’ve known a wet weekend isn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.