Tattle In The Press

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting Twitter thread from the other week. You can't disagree with anything a influencer does or you get Tattle thrown at you in the same way as being a Karen.

Reactions: 3
It annoys me when they use the word ‘trolling’. Trolling is targeted specific abuse directed at the person and TO that person. If they choose to read something then that’s up to them.

This is a website for discussion about people that happily put their life in the public eye and cash in on it. Can’t choose the publicity you get I’m afraid 😀

Reactions: 21
By the original definition trolling isn't even necessarily abuse. It's taking a position in bad faith in order to provoke a reaction.

Reactions: 7
You what? 'Women of colour' are treated especially badly on Tattle?
How can they put out this stuff with literally no evidence?
Well whoever wrote that article clearly hasn't done there reseach because if anything it's white women that definitely get treated the worst on here and have more intense threads about them

Reactions: 6
Well whoever wrote that article clearly hasn't done there reseach because if anything it's white women that definitely get treated the worst on here and have more intense threads about them
Everything has to have a racial element to qualify as abuse these days even if there isn’t one. Throw in trans abuse, and “affecting my mental health” and you have the king, queen and the ace of spades. There must be at least ten Instagram posts worth of “Inspirational survivor stories” there. All accompanied by a plug for a self help book, or an aromatherapy range to promote wellness. Victimhood is big business in the Instagram age.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The difference is that Evy seems to have been using it almost as a form of self harm rather than as a way to control the narrative.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
ANOTHER article in Grazia :sleep: . Some IGer/Tiktoker called Vickaboox with one thread and about 12 pages has a article about feeling scared.
Same old 'mainly women' 'anonymous' 'only negative comments allowed' 'should be closed down' (no actual legal reasons for this ever given but 🤷‍♀️).

• Haha
Some IGer/Tiktoker called Vickaboox with one thread and about 12 pages has a article about feeling scared.
Whoooooo? Every time one of these people say something about tattle it's the first time I've heard of them lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Imagine if Joe Biden or the Kardashians complained about having Tattle threads. I would actually love to see that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Imagine if Joe Biden or the Kardashians complained about having Tattle threads. I would actually love to see that.
I'm happy with out current roster, in fact I can't keep up! But the people who ~come out~ against tattle nowadays tend to be Z listers trying to boost their fledgling careers. People who imagine they already have careers tend to STFU about us, lest we ruin it for them.

• Heart

1) I hope her mother is doing well and beats the tit out of cancer.
2) If someone said her boyfriend left her because her mother has cancer that's out of order.
3) If people don't want to read bad things about her don't Google her name.
4) Instead of contacting Tattle for a response just sign up here and reply in this thread.

Not specifically about tattle, but a tad more of a balanced article from the BBC - it doesn't specifically say it but it touches on many influencers have no talent or skill. They're just sharing their personal life so comments are taken personally. Of course it mentions that shameless reaching grifter who called tattle a dark underground abuse site :rolleyes:

The BBC's description of an influencer I don't think is great. It's not anyone that can make money on youtube - an animator creating videos is hardly an influencer. It's people paid by brands to promote products. The problem is where people are only an influencer with no other work; they're very quickly corrupted. Influencing can work along side other work, but so many give up that other work as the influencing is the money maker. But when that becomes your only job there's nothing else and they quickly become unbalanced and just a walking talking AD.

It's really not up to members of the public to not have views on these business entities. You can't and won't ever stop that, nor should any free and fair society look to ban members of the public from expressing their opinions on adverts. These people need to be educated over the consequences of what becoming a public figure with no craft or skills will entail. That was the idea behind tattles law - https://limegoss.com/tattles-law/

• Heart
David Baddiel's BBC documentary on SM and trolls is out on Dec 13th. He interviews Sali Hughes for it so I think we can get the gist already :rolleyes:
In the press release he interviews a TikTok star whose house was burned down. Nothing like sensationalist then? I would suggest someone who burns down someone else's house has far deeper problems than being a SM troll.

David Baddiel's BBC documentary on SM and trolls is out on Dec 13th. He interviews Sali Hughes for it so I think we can get the gist already :rolleyes:
In the press release he interviews a TikTok star whose house was burned down. Nothing like sensationalist then? I would suggest someone who burns down someone else's house has far deeper problems than being a SM troll.
Omfg PLEASE not the smithy family… the fire is literally still under a police investigation, it’s never been proven that some internet troll went round there and set the place alight.
They are a bunch of scammers as well, they raised 50k worth of gofundme donations after the fire, supposedly to get them back on their feet and then blew it all on a bleeping jetski for nick smiths birthday

• Wow
Reactions: 14
It's too much to hope, isn't it, that he (or someone on the programme) will have done a bit of research and understood why SH peddles such a distorted account of Tattle?

• Sad
With the BBC there's not a chance it'll be independent, impartial and honest - as their previous actions have shown.

It'll probably do the same old stuff; try to make out a memeber of the public that's directly receiving abuse on social media is the same as people saying an influencers foundation is tit on a platform away from their feed that they have to go out of their way to read. Probably won't name Tattle, but make digs at a "dark dark sinister website with the most horrific abuse imaginable"; like saying Sali's hair is blonde not grey? 😆

• Haha