Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg Sam.
I've loved you for so long (well literally weeks) but that hair.

And the Christmas special lineup is a bit odd.

Reactions: 4
Going to the champion of champions record next week. Glad I chose that not the new years now 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Seems an unpopular opinion but I thought Sam suited the blonde and bright vibe 😂

• Haha
Was that a bit disappointing? Was expecting a bit more. Hotel task was fun but doughnut task was horrible and not entertaining.

I never quite felt I bonded with this group as much as I have with previous ones. I liked Susan, Julian and Sam in stages. I didn’t warm to Sue or Lucy which is odd as I liked them I previous projects. Overall I just felt something was missing.

Reactions: 5
Was that a bit disappointing? Was expecting a bit more. Hotel task was fun but doughnut task was horrible and not entertaining.

I never quite felt I bonded with this group as much as I have with previous ones. I liked Susan, Julian and Sam in stages. I didn’t warm to Sue or Lucy which is odd as I liked them I previous projects. Overall I just felt something was missing.
I kept hoping they’d held a really good task back for the final but nope. Underwhelming this series for me. I do love Sam and Julian though.

Reactions: 3

Alex and the press hyped up the hotel task for 3 months, calling it "breathtaking" and one of the best in history, so it was always going to be hard to live up to those expectations. Susan and her laughter made that task but I wouldn't even put it in my top 3 of the season.

The doughnut and exercise tasks fell short for me and the live task could have been an epic showdown like season 10 with just 2 points between Sam and Julian but was over after Julian's throw.

The prize task was probably my favorite part of the episode.

Gonna miss Julian, Sam and Susan on TV every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I agree the final felt a bit flat. This is the first series where, halfway through, I was like oh god there’s still 5 more episodes to go rather than not wanting it to end! I’m glad Sam, Julian and Susan were the top 3. Although I hate to admit it as she has been grating on me but Lucy’s doughnut task was great. I mean it was gross but it was truly surprising!

Reactions: 7
I agree the final felt a bit flat. This is the first series where, halfway through, I was like oh god there’s still 5 more episodes to go rather than not wanting it to end! I’m glad Sam, Julian and Susan were the top 3. Although I hate to admit it as she has been grating on me but Lucy’s doughnut task was great. I mean it was gross but it was truly surprising!
Yeah, it passed a moderately entertaining hour on a Thursday night, but aside from a few laughs at some of Julian’s more acerbic asides, it wasn’t exactly a hoot of a series.

Reactions: 3
Sam mentioned on the podcast with Ed Gamble he had planned for the grey outfits and then the bright one for the final ep. The hair was a wig apparently.

I can't see myself re-watching this series (unlike some series). But I did really enjoy Julian and Sam and the vibe they brought to the show, and Susan made me giggle a lot.

Haven’t watched the final two episodes of this series yet, which says a lot. However, we have just rewatched S8 with the kids and it’s SO funny. I think all of my favourite tasks were in this series - the mobility scooter one, the one where Joe Thomas is trying to move the ball with water, the one where they have to get to Alex at the train station. I think there are others I’ve forgotten too, but they were such a good bunch of contestants… even Iain 😂

I laughed out loud probably each episode and my face actually hurt from laughing so much.

Reactions: 8
I love annoying my other half with this

Over my shoulder,
older and older
that's what I told ya!
Over my Shoulder,
I'm getting colder,
is that a boulder?
Over my shoulder,
older and older,
THAT'S WHAT I TOLD YA!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I assume scheduling couldn’t be worked out but I’m quite happy - he’s much more entertaining than Mae who was just robotic in executing the tasks

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.