Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless I missed something it was Richard who said (referring to the prize task when he offered the winner a trip to Pompeii for two) '3,500 quid, which was most of the money I got paid' (for Champion of Champions) and, when Joe said wow, 'looks like you didn’t get paid that much on Dave' which could have been referring to the shorter run but also could be about the money per episode. So technically I guess it could be anywhere between 4K and 6K?
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't watch it myself and just trusted this post on the taskmaster reddit sub

IMG_20231111_131919.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anyone else notice Alex's foundation?! I feel like last series it was both Greg and Alex looked noticeably airbrushed. This series I'm just super perplexed by Alex's skintone/neck colour. Is it his choice?! Has he started tanning?!

Does anyone else notice Alex's foundation?! I feel like last series it was both Greg and Alex looked noticeably airbrushed. This series I'm just super perplexed by Alex's skintone/neck colour. Is it his choice?! Has he started tanning?!
I only noticed it after Greg asked him if he had Botox. He really looked creepy and like someone without pores or skin texture

• Haha
I love TM but find Alex a bit repulsive tbh.
It all stems back to the task with Liza Tarbuck and him putting his bare arse on a cake. When he said some of it had gone up his bumhole I got such an incredibly massive ick and it has never gone away.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
It all stems back to the task with Liza Tarbuck and him putting his bare arse on a cake. When he said some of it had gone up his bumhole I got such an incredibly massive ick and it has never gone away.
Once you get the ick that's it!

I thought Rhod turning his bare ass into a water feature and putting him in a bikini was worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s got to be something in Alex asking if they’ve found the secret task yet? I haven’t clocked whether he says it to everyone or just certain contestants?
Wasnt there a secret task in one of the earlier episodes?
I remember Susan setting up a task that Sam ended up completing in the toilet? Something about fish and ducks?
---
Rhod Gilbert has grown on me, and I wish him nothing but the best.
But he was seriously icky on TM 🤢 😂
He was hilarious on TM, we actually saw the filming for one of the episodes he was in, and his ickyness was a deliberate ongoing joke that was expanded massively during the filming of the episode.
He was trying to get a rise out of both Greg , and Alex and get a natural reaction out of them.....but all of this was edited out in favour of the headmaster Greg and sidekick Alex routine!

I think some of the issues with the C4 show rather than Dave, is that it has to be more 'fair' Greg cant award random points or take random points away, and it has to be slightly cleaner and more wholesome! rather than a comedy club adult routine!

Im slightly tired of the bring in something from home, first task..... maybe it needs to be changed up a bit?

And how is Lucy remotely funny? I just find her irritating?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Just watching on plus 1 and Lucy is already irritating me. Her long overly quirky stories :sleep: I sense everybody else there finds her as tiresome.

Reactions: 2
This week’s episode didn’t really engage me for some reason. I found the tasks really boring.

I do like that Julian is now openly laughing and joining in with the jokes in the studio; he seems to have really relaxed as it’s gone on.
I’ll be looking out for Sam on other things after this (he’s older than I thought he was!). And Susan seems nice.

I’d started to fall for Lucy’s dumb act, but then the schedule announcer stated that she was the writer of the programme that followed TM, so she can’t be that stupid!

And I still can’t warm to Sue.

Reactions: 4
I went to see Lucy’s stand-up comedy gig at the weekend. She was very normal, didn’t put on the persona that she’s putting on Taskmaster, and it was quite funny (though some of her jokes were ones she’s told previously on TV appearances or in her Drinking Custard “mum-oir” so didn’t get as many laughs).

The final task, Lucy was so obviously just trying really hard to come up with the most ‘out there’ answers to try and be funny and it was so cringy and not funny at all. Everyone seems to be over it now.

Reactions: 9
This week’s episode didn’t really engage me for some reason. I found the tasks really boring.

I do like that Julian is now openly laughing and joining in with the jokes in the studio; he seems to have really relaxed as it’s gone on.
I’ll be looking out for Sam on other things after this (he’s older than I thought he was!). And Susan seems nice.

I’d started to fall for Lucy’s dumb act, but then the schedule announcer stated that she was the writer of the programme that followed TM, so she can’t be that stupid!

And I still can’t warm to Sue.
Wholeheartedly agree. Probably my least favorite episode of the season.
The prize task was really weak even though its prompt allowed for a lot of weird and fun possibilities.
The 'driving test' task was just annoying and Julian driving off stoically through the whistle was my highlight of the episode.
The gift for the taskmaster, that I preferred in the way it was done in former seasons, because 15 minutes just isn't enough time for something great and Susan's, Sam's and Lucy's gifts were really rubbish. Sue, as she's done throughout the season, just copied former contestants in her approach.
The only purpose of the clown task was obviously to get disqualifications and that gotcha moment in the studio because the task itself was so simple and easy to achieve.
The studio task was at least better than last season's sausage exam.

I wonder if Sue is back in the running to win the series after gaining about 10 points on Sam this episode. Especially with the possibility of a team task next week that gives one team 0 and the other 5 points.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.