Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s just the issue with so many seasons rather than funding. Ideas are dwindling. Also contestant pool.
It's definitely feels like we are saturated with Taskmaster the way they are pumping out the series on Channel 4. The tasks definitely aren't as fun.

Reactions: 3
Everything that's overly complicated and tedious with lots of rules to remember just annoys me.
Remember that weird one from a few years ago with suitcases - think it was the series with Lee Mack? I could not make head nor tell of that, it was ridiculously complicated!
---
Tasks which involve singing are usually annoying. I'd scrap them them first off.

But without the singing tasks we’d have never had Taskonbury and the legendary ‘Rosalind is a bleeping nightmare’ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Remember that weird one from a few years ago with suitcases - think it was the series with Lee Mack? I could not make head nor tell of that, it was ridiculously complicated!
---

But without the singing tasks we’d have never had Taskonbury and the legendary ‘Rosalind is a bleeping nightmare’ 🤣
Those two songs are the only acceptable singing moments of Taskmaster.

And they were so iconic, all singing and related tasks should be retired in their honour because nothing will ever reach those heights again

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I can't stand Nish Kumar so that Taskonbury task was exactly what I had in mind when I made that comment! 😂

(I do love Bob, Aisling & Sally though.)

• Haha
I can't stand Nish Kumar so that Taskonbury task was exactly what I had in mind when I made that comment! 😂
I can’t bear him either - Taskmaster is the only time I’ve found him remotely tolerable. 🫤

That series was hands-down the greatest Taskmaster cast of all time 🤩

• Haha
---

A classic Taskmaster moment, still makes me laugh 😃

I’m just watching this week’s ep & I was thinking, I much preferred it when it was on Dave. There’s not enough time between series to get me excited for the next one & it’s just not as much fun. I love Greg & Alex & always used to watch it ‘live’ whereas now I’m recording it & watching it whenever.
Also, I’ve never liked Sue Perkins & her appearance on Taskmaster has not altered my opinion. Other than I now find her even more annoying

Reactions: 8
If it was funny I wouldn't mind, but she just seems to want to appear bewildered all the time for some reason.
Cos she has no other way to be funny
---
Lucy saying the pineapple thing out loud on stage too
NO! she's so bleeping annoying lmaoooo

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind if they redid some tasks from previous series to see how others would do them.

Reactions: 12
Omg, yes. Since the first episode, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything but her eyelashes whenever she's doing a task because they look so false and weirdly shaped. Like ones you'd expect on a drag act.
Noticed Lucy had the same on this week - must be the MUA.

Weakest tasks and cast so far. Next series’ cast is much better, which gives me hope

Reactions: 1
I love Julian and adore Sam. And like Susan very much. The other two - meh.
A lot of the tasks just aren't clever or funny enough. That robots one was bleeping dreadful. I kept waiting for a clever twist and there just wasn't one.
Still like the programme and will still watch obv 😂

Reactions: 10
I agree, I love Julian and Sam and I like Susan but sue and Lucy are just not great. I don’t know if it’s the tasks that just aren’t as creative or if it’s the contestants just not thinking outside the box with them but this series definitely feels like it’s missing something.

Reactions: 4
I’ve always really like Mel and Sue with Mel being my favourite of the pair. I do like Sue individually when she’s done other things but I’m just not sure she fully gets the vibe of Taskmaster but I can’t quite put my finger on it.
I like Lucy for the first couple ditzy comments but then it starts to annoy me.
I’m not a massive fan of Julian - I just don’t get dead pan comedy and I wish he had a bit more energy to him.
I’d never heard of Susan or Sam but I’m enjoying them on TM. Sam hiding behind Greg in the live task last week had me howling as did Susan’s “30 grand!”

Overall this series seems really flat, like it’s lost its shine completely. I think it’s a mix of dull tasks, dull contestants and Alex’s “comedy” bits wearing thin now. Normally I’m engrossed with a series and laughing throughout but this time around I find I’m on my phone for half of it. Hopefully it’s back on track for the next series.

Reactions: 10
Just rewatching some old ones and I definitely think it's the tasks that are lacking not the contestants. The best bits of tasks IMO is when either a. The contestant finds a sneaky way around the task b. The contestant finds Alex's sneaky tricks and the others don't c. When the best way to do it is revealed in the studio

I feel like its lost the sneaky element, and people are just dicks to alex because its show lore rather than because he's genuinely been a trickster. I think the show works best when alex appears to be some kind of imp character rather than we are just shown the task and it's straightforward who has won.

Reactions: 11
Just rewatching some old ones and I definitely think it's the tasks that are lacking not the contestants. The best bits of tasks IMO is when either a. The contestant finds a sneaky way around the task b. The contestant finds Alex's sneaky tricks and the others don't c. When the best way to do it is revealed in the studio

I feel like its lost the sneaky element, and people are just dicks to alex because its show lore rather than because he's genuinely been a trickster. I think the show works best when alex appears to be some kind of imp character rather than we are just shown the task and it's straightforward who has won.
Really felt that this evening. Was desperate for a clever task but didn’t really get one. The golf tee one was an improvement on last week.

• Sad

There's definitely a lack of tasks that have a cunning secret way of doing it in recent series' - it seems like a lot of it is down to chance and there's genuinely only one or two ways to feasibly do it, both of which are fairly obvious, nowadays rather than clever reveals. The tee and Wayne tasks this week were definitely funny but were quite different in setup from how tasks used to be. Still enjoyable though!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.