Taskmaster

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taskmaster always makes me laugh out loud, even when I’m having a super bad day! It’s definitely becoming a comfort show.

I also had completely missed out a series?! Series 11!! So I’m watching that too! LOVE Mike Wozniak!
Although it was very much expected, I got the news that my mother passed away, on 27th Oct when Taskmaster aired. We watched that night as planned. Greg made me laugh out loud. My partner loved that even in the midst of my grief, that could happen. I felt v guilty afterwards for laughing out loud at that moment, but then my mam liked to laugh when she was well so I hope she didn't mind too much!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Although it was very much expected, I got the news that my mother passed away, on 27th Oct when Taskmaster aired. We watched that night as planned. Greg made me laugh out loud. My partner loved that even in the midst of my grief, that could happen. I felt v guilty afterwards for laughing out loud at that moment, but then my mam liked to laugh when she was well so I hope she didn't mind too much!
Sending so much love & I hope watching this gave you much needed respite. X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The system of endless plates and Sarah going along with Munya’s pipe plan because he seemed so happy 😂

Also I’m enjoying all the tasks in Gatwick, wish I could have a go.

Reactions: 2
Sending so much love & I hope watching this gave you much needed respite. X
Sorry just saw this now. Thank you so much. Yes watching Taskmaster did indeed provide respite. As did coming onto Tattle for the latest celebrity gossip, in my mothers final weeks and after her death. It was one of my lifelines.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I adore Greg James, he's gonna be great on this I know it!

New Year's Treat only ever serves to prove that the main series format shouldn't be scared of signing someone who isn't a comedian.
Was it the new years one that Rylan did? He was superb

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I might rewatch as it was so good!
I think the New Year Specials might be my all time favorite episodes of Taskmaster, just for the way the contestants cram 10 episodes worth of insanity into a single episode.

Just a brilliant cast of absolute lunatics, every year. In 2020 Rylan was an unholy terror, Shirley Ballas was 100% Glorious Filth, poor Nicola Coughlan...seriously underestimated how good her arts and crafts skills were...and Krishnan Guru-Murphy lost his dignity.

And then last year, Claudia was deliciously eccentric and terrible at everything and I loved her. But the absolute revelation was that Adrian Chiles was possessed of a sort of melancholic comedic genius I had never before suspected! He was astonishing!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think the New Year Specials might be my all time favorite episodes of Taskmaster, just for the way the contestants cram 10 episodes worth of insanity into a single episode.

Just a brilliant cast of absolute lunatics, every year. In 2020 Rylan was an unholy terror, Shirley Ballas was 100% Glorious Filth, poor Nicola Coughlan...seriously underestimated how good her arts and crafts skills were...and Krishnan Guru-Murphy lost his dignity.

And then last year, Claudia was deliciously eccentric and terrible at everything and I loved her. But the absolute revelation was that Adrian Chiles was possessed of a sort of melancholic comedic genius I had never before suspected! He was astonishing!
I really expected to dislike Adrian, I was pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: 4
Yeah Fern Brady 🥳 Definitely agree about New Year contestants needing a full series. Adrian Chiles was brilliant. Loved Rylan too.

Reactions: 4
Pretty excited for the new line up! Gutted I was away when then did the studio filming 💔

Reactions: 1
A worthy winner of Series 14, I think. Consistently solid performance all the way through.

Not my favourite season, overall, as I found John Kearns grimly irritating in 90% of the tasks and very weak at the studio banter (though I appreciate that comedy is subjective and other people liked him, it'd be dull if we all liked the same thing). I did adore Fern though, she was quite brilliantly off-kilter, and her interactions with Greg were hysterical

And that's an interesting lineup for next year. Wouldn't have thought at least two of them would have done it, and I do hope one of them manages to curb their tongue, or else the pre-watershed edit will only be 25 minutes long

Frankie Boyle
Ivo Graham
Mae Martin
Jenny Eclair
Kiell Smith-Bynoe

Reactions: 7
I have an infatuation with Richard Ayoade and FULLY thought he might be in season 15, but I’m happy. Looks a good line up. Can’t wait!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.