Tanya Burr #18 Run out of money so back to where it started. The only thing she was remotely good at.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are nicer houses for less with more of a garden available in the same area. It says it was reduced to £2 million. How much was it on for originally. 😳
It was originally 2.25m. They've had to come down 250k since March when it was listed (I think???).

Reactions: 2
If they're listing for 2m now they'll be losing money on this property. Frankly also the original 1.95M seem way too high, especially considering that this house was bought years ago for that price.

Reactions: 7
That’s mad. ive found it. Looks like it’s listed with two different estate agents. The new estate agent has lots of lovely new photos. The previous one is still showing the mouldy green garden. Can’t believe they paid that much in 2015, so have hardly made a profit on a London home in 9 years! I def think she’s listed it on to the market at a bad time. There’s a few other properties around that size and price in that location and they’ve all been reduced too. It’s a buyers market. Right now. If they’d sold in 2020, theyd have made way more money.

Reactions: 8
She makes me laugh so much in her latest video. Firstly, girlfriend’s face does not move at all. Secondly, she and Dan listened to the podcast ‘separately while getting ready for work’ …sure, Tan. Thirdly, how has she been baking for so long and even put her name to a baking book and still makes such a mess?! When she was pouring flour, I thought she was using icing sugar. Can’t believe she is wearing black and no apron when she’s throwing stuff everywhere.

Reactions: 1
If they're listing for 2m now they'll be losing money on this property. Frankly also the original 1.95M seem way too high, especially considering that this house was bought years ago for that price.
Plus she and Jim paid to have that kitchen extension. No idea how much that costs tbh. No doubt they were confidently told it would add value to the property 😬

Reactions: 6
Plus she and Jim paid to have that kitchen extension. No idea how much that costs tbh. No doubt they were confidently told it would add value to the property 😬
They’d have paid over £150k in stamp duty too (assuming they sold their Norfolk house before/in 3 yrs and didn’t pay higher rate)
I know tax is tax, it’s unavoidable and you get nothing back but you’d hope a market increase would negate some of it.

Reactions: 4
I've no idea about the London property market - but is it quite unusual for a property to devalue these days? I'm sure Tanya's finances are fairly healthy so it won't bother her (feck knows why - it seems ridiculous for just being an online presence but those are the times we live in).

If we consider taxes and inflation rates they're selling at a loss. And that makes me wonder why move then? What's so urgent they're willing to move at a cost to themselves?

Reactions: 7
If we consider taxes and inflation rates they're selling at a loss. And that makes me wonder why move then? What's so urgent they're willing to move at a cost to themselves?
They can keep waiting till the cows come home, but the house will never go up enough in value now to break even. Like others have said, purchase price plus stamp duty, plus extension, plus any other renovations over the years mean the price they’d actually need is waaaaay out of reach. So doesn’t really matter if they sell now or in ten years 🤷‍♀️

I just had a look there and found the two listings for the house. One of the listings shows the house as Sold subject to contract 😬

I just had a look there and found the two listings for the house. One of the listings shows the house as Sold subject to contract 😬
Interesting - so that must be the good news they had. Funny we've known about the sale since about March and she's still being coy about it on IG.

Reactions: 3
It’ll be interesting to see where they move to, having made a loss on this property and surely not the earning power of 2016 (?) when she bought the Fulham place.

Reactions: 6
It says the rumoured roughly mortgage payments on the property are £10,000? How on earth is she paying that by doing nothing?

• Wow
She's on holiday again. Greece again. She seems to be yet again copying Lucy Williams who has made going to Greece a personality trait too.
Tanya has labelled her stay #hosted. Is this the new #gifted?

• Angry
She's on holiday again. Greece again. She seems to be yet again copying Lucy Williams who has made going to Greece a personality trait too.
Tanya has labelled her stay #hosted. Is this the new #gifted?
Yeah hosted means she's there for free in exchange for publicity.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I wonder if, in addition to the garden, the actual layout of the house doesn't help. Because of their massive extension, they have ended up with a large kitchen, a large dining room and an average-sized living room on the ground floor. They then have another large reception room on the first floor which, to me, always seemed redundant as they never appeared to use it. If I were buying a house that size and at that price (not that I can afford it!), I'd rather pay for bigger bedrooms, more bedrooms, or a larger garden.

Reactions: 4
It says the rumoured roughly mortgage payments on the property are £10,000? How on earth is she paying that by doing nothing?
That will just be an estimate based on an LTV of probably 80-90% and with today's current (high) rates...she could easily have a monthly payment of half of that if she's got alot of equity. Which is still a lot, obv, but God knows where her income is from these days