Tally Rye #3 Jobless woman with puppy is surprised she has less time for sleep

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title inspired by @Emmapism excellent comment šŸ©·šŸ©·šŸ©·

I don't think there's much recap to be added, the title kind of tells you everything you need to know

Reactions: 13
Poor Daveā€¦moaning again. Thought you didnā€™t need any advice Tally?
Maybe give him some attention? Exercise? Play? Training? You know, things a growing puppy needs to tire him out and sleep.
---
Crying because work(?!) and a puppy they chose to get is a lotā€¦.imagine the state sheā€™d be with a proper job or when the inevitable cash cow/baby comes along

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did I miss what the dog trainer said....I mean all of the above but has she spoken about it as I thought it was all going to solved when they had come around !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The number of moaning stories and posts about that poor dog far outnumber any positive ones. That poor pupā€¦And if sheā€™s off to an event WTF hasnā€™t she changed out of that fookin beige fleece. Itā€™s like itā€™s stapled to her šŸ™„

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Poor Daveā€¦moaning again. Thought you didnā€™t need any advice Tally?
Maybe give him some attention? Exercise? Play? Training? You know, things a growing puppy needs to tire him out and sleep.
---
Crying because work(?!) and a puppy they chose to get is a lotā€¦.imagine the state sheā€™d be with a proper job or when the inevitable cash cow/baby comes along
Iā€™m sorry, sheā€™s crying?! They really shouldnā€™t have got a pet. She is barely able to cope with anything beyond what looks like depressive behaviour and should seek help.

Tally, how about you do the kind thing now and let Dave go to a family who will take the time and effort to get to know him and train him to do all the things you miraculously just expect him to know how to do? Then you can stop behaving like a resentful brat and go back to your gluttony and laziness in peace.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tally, how about you do the kind thing now and let Dave go to a family who will take the time and effort to get to know him and train him to do all the things you miraculously just expect him to know how to do? Then you can stop behaving like a resentful brat and go back to your gluttony and laziness in peace.
100% this. Fine if sheā€™s not in the mental or physical place to give this animal a worthy home, but he shouldnā€™t have to suffer for her laziness/ineptitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's mad as she said they have wanted a dog for such a long time, did research, might have even been on a waiting list etc? It's mad that she seems so unprepared for this.

I did wonder when every photo I saw of this dog he was asleep on someone's legs that he probably wasn't getting the nap schedule he needs.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Why is she acting like the dog is a newborn baby who wonā€™t sleep? Sheā€™s had him a week, she ā€œworksā€ from home, why does he need a formal nap schedule? Sheā€™s just saying she canā€™t be arsed with him.
Yes, we crate trained our pup which means crate overnight and for a few hours a day, to get them used to the crate. Itā€™s not forced sleep because he ā€œdoesnā€™t know he needs a napā€!? If you put him in the crate and he barks, guess whatā€¦ you deal with and ignore it!! !

She clearly has put no work in. Now is the time to build his confidence with the lead, play brain games, get him to learn some tricks, play in the garden. Honestlyyyyy I thought she couldnā€™t get more annoying!

Reactions: 11
they don't need a nap schedule - they just sleep when they need to and if you give them time and space to feel safe to sleep.

We learnt quickly if we didnā€™t stimulate our pup he became the devil incarnate and wouldnā€™t settle/sleep/no ankle was safe. So we put the time in with him and he would then take himself off for a snooze, sometimes heā€™d just fall asleep mid game (the cutest) itā€™s so rewarding teaching them new things and theyā€™re so eager to please. Surely youā€™d do your research and understand what youā€™d need to do for the next few weeks/months. Heā€™ll be even more of a massive inconvenience to her in the run up to the wedding, hope he šŸ’© on her dress šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Heā€™s a puppy ffs. Heā€™s not an adult who gets crotchety because theyā€™ve had a bad night.

She really has no bleeping idea. I lost the plot when we lost the wellies/a puffa/some chargers/a remote or two during the ten month old horror stage. But at no point was that ever her fault. There was no conscious decision making element to it. We read the books again, changed our routine, tried (failed) and tried again. At ten years we are still learning. An older dog needs just as much care and love (and attentiveness to see that routines donā€™t need to change to match changing mobility).

Itā€™s so maddening to see someone so passive towards the care of an animal. duck off back to London Tally and get back to fiddling with your clothes in front of your camera. You obviously love it. Idiot.

• Heart
Itā€™s those stupid faces she pulls to go with the captions as well that make it even worse. She thinks sheā€™s being #relatable but you can literally see how resentful she is and how inconvenienced she is by him.

I want him. I really do! I donā€™t live too far from her either (maybe 30 mins) so perhaps I should just arrive and offer to take him off her hands and put a burger and fries, and Netflix in his place, and take this gorgeous dog to a loving family!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I want him. I really do! I donā€™t live too far from her either (maybe 30 mins) so perhaps I should just arrive and offer to take him off her hands and put a burger and fries, and Netflix in his place, and take this gorgeous dog to a loving family!
Literally. She should get a cat. Give it up, Tally, this behaviour is the worst

Reactions: 6
Hiya Tallyā€¦.mention after the dog trainer after we mentioned it hereā€¦.surely theyā€™d have helped you with the tiredness ā€˜issuesā€™
Also does PD (Poor Dave) get made to stay in another room, away from them. Theyā€™re sat on the sofa in the living room and thereā€™s absolutely no sign of him, or anything PD related. Gets sadder by the day for the little guy

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Hiya Tallyā€¦.mention after the dog trainer after we mentioned it hereā€¦.surely theyā€™d have helped you with the tiredness ā€˜issuesā€™
Also does PD (Poor Dave) get made to stay in another room, away from them. Theyā€™re sat on the sofa in the living room and thereā€™s absolutely no sign of him, or anything PD related. Gets sadder by the day for the little guy
Yeah this seemed so weird to me? The evenings are probably the one time your pup is likely to sit and chill with you, because heā€™s so worn out from all the activities youā€™ve done that day. Why is she hoping heā€™ll sit in his crate in the evening? My literal biggest joy in life is being snuggled up with my husband and our dog watching TV and heā€™s all snoozy from the day (dog and husband šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚)

• Heart
I never let my puppy/ dog nap in her crate, she always sat on our sofa or usually our laps. I was lucky that she seemed to settle overnight in her crate and didn't seem bothered. Have to add she is my first dog so learned as I went along. I couldn't afford 1 to 1 dog training so just did my own research.
I get so fed up with influencers just spending money to sort the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 3