Suzi Grant / Alternative Ageing

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find Suzi sweet and amusing. She is a bit bonkers, and some of her clothes choices are not for me. But she has got a twinkle in her eye, and she is not especially self-absorbed, which is an odd thing to say about somebody essentially vlogging about themselves. She has amazing skin. I think she is a nutritionist as well, whatever she eats does wonders for her.

Reactions: 3
Not happy to see she’s liking Style Me Sunday’s posts. I don’t follow SMS but have a look from time to time.
I’ve remembered one reason why she’s very annoying. She does this thing called Friday Finger where she pictures herself giving the middle finger to something she doesn’t like. She’s often pictured in her underwear and has appeared naked examining her front nether region in the mirror on her bed. She has children too.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
This is a rave about AA @Mustard. Perhaps start another thread if you don’t care for her? @Anicecuppa started this off as a positive thread. I am sure AA will grate on me at some point, at which point I will depart from this rave thread. But for the moment, she’s ok.

Reactions: 1
I’ve remembered one reason why she’s very annoying. She does this thing called Friday Finger where she pictures herself giving the middle finger to something she doesn’t like. She’s often pictured in her underwear and has appeared naked examining her front nether region in the mirror on her bed. She has children too.
Ah yes, I just checked out Style me Sunday on Insta. A couple of nice frocks but she's not really my cuppa tea 🍵

I find Suzi sweet and amusing. She is a bit bonkers, and some of her clothes choices are not for me. But she has got a twinkle in her eye, and she is not especially self-absorbed, which is an odd thing to say about somebody essentially vlogging about themselves. She has amazing skin. I think she is a nutritionist as well, whatever she eats does wonders for her.
I think that's why I like her, because she seems genuinely interested in other people not just herself. She's got a lovely figure too, she always eats healthily but has fun with it

She was struggling today, she has been self isolating, struggling for content. I went through Rottingdean today where she lives. Once you get off the busy coast road bit and in the back streets, it’s lovely.

Are there any other middle aged or positive ageing Instagrammers/podcasters/Y Tubers that you can recommend? Preferably relatable, not Californian face lifted types.
Margaret Manning is a lovely British woman who lives in Zurich and has a great YouTube channel called Sixty and Me, plus a website and much more. Very much worth a watch!
Also, I following an amazing 80-something-year-old woman called Helen Wyatt (the name of her channel) who lives in Georgia and produces long videos full of delightful chat and craft demonstrations. She makes stuff like plant pots from Portland cement and mosaic table tops.
Then there's SueMe. Her name is Sue, and she's just so smart and interesting, with an eclectic range of vlogging topics.
Life over Sixty with Sandra is another favourite. Sandra Hart is also 80+.
Last but not least, rxstrmom is delightul. She's just turned 78 and is very stylish and sweet.
The last two I've mentioned, and Helen Wyatt are all just wonderfully inspiring women, as is Suzi Grant.
I enjoyed MAM when I first started following her, but I soon realised how shallow and utterly boring she is. Not a good role model.
BTW, I've just turned 70 and am British. I love seeing women who are that bit older and full of positivity and je ne sais quoi!

Reactions: 5
Margaret Manning is a lovely British woman who lives in Zurich and has a great YouTube channel called Sixty and Me, plus a website and much more. Very much worth a watch!
Also, I following an amazing 80-something-year-old woman called Helen Wyatt (the name of her channel) who lives in Georgia and produces long videos full of delightful chat and craft demonstrations. She makes stuff like plant pots from Portland cement and mosaic table tops.
Then there's SueMe. Her name is Sue, and she's just so smart and interesting, with an eclectic range of vlogging topics.
Life over Sixty with Sandra is another favourite. Sandra Hart is also 80+.
Last but not least, rxstrmom is delightul. She's just turned 78 and is very stylish and sweet.
The last two I've mentioned, and Helen Wyatt are all just wonderfully inspiring women, as is Suzi Grant.
I enjoyed MAM when I first started following her, but I soon realised how shallow and utterly boring she is. Not a good role model.
BTW, I've just turned 70 and am British. I love seeing women who are that bit older and full of positivity and je ne sais quoi!
I'd also add "Little Poet" to that great list :)
Agreed Rxstrmom is lovely

I've been subscribed to her YouTube for about 6 months. I love her videos. She is so active and shows us that even at her age, you can still get out and do fun things. I love her home and that backyard with the pond is incredible.

I've been subscribed to her YouTube for about 6 months. I love her videos. She is so active and shows us that even at her age, you can still get out and do fun things. I love her home and that backyard with the pond is incredible.
She is more professional than Jo Good. I am a bit fed up of her crouching down though, I keep thinking, oh you are going to get a bad back. Get some kit Suzi! She has an interest in a diverse range of stuff, like clothes from all price points or from designer to charity. Unlike JG. Also, not snobbish. Unlike you know who. She has clearly done well for herself. Reinvented herself in a meaningful way. Has a good lifestyle, is healthy. She is a good role model for the more mature woman! I do fast forward a bit but I am doing that with all of them lately.

She is more professional than Jo Good. I am a bit fed up of her crouching down though, I keep thinking, oh you are going to get a bad back. Get some kit Suzi! She has an interest in a diverse range of stuff, like clothes from all price points or from designer to charity. Unlike JG. Also, not snobbish. Unlike you know who. She has clearly done well for herself. Reinvented herself in a meaningful way. Has a good lifestyle, is healthy. She is a good role model for the more mature woman! I do fast forward a bit but I am doing that with all of them lately.
Agree about the crouching. I love her eclectic taste and zest for life, she has a lot of paid work so is obviously well thought of in the " industry "

Agree about the crouching. I love her eclectic taste and zest for life, she has a lot of paid work so is obviously well thought of in the " industry "
She just seems like a pleasant woman, who doesn’t take herself too seriously, and does thing her own way, not out to impress anyone. It’s refreshing.

So, Suzi isn’t committing to a regular time slot for You Tubing anymore. I think that is a good move, just post when you have decent content rather than feel compelled to aim for 10am slot on Sundays. She might do some lives, which I am never interested in.

So, Suzi isn’t committing to a regular time slot for You Tubing anymore. I think that is a good move, just post when you have decent content rather than feel compelled to aim for 10am slot on Sundays. She might do some lives, which I am never interested in.
I'm the same about Lives, they ramble on for too long for me. Respect her decision though, she's a great role model

I have signed up to her monthly newsletter. I like the fact she is a trained nutritionist. She certainly looks a lot healthier than MAM.

Are there any other middle aged or positive ageing Instagrammers/podcasters/Y Tubers that you can recommend? Preferably relatable, not Californian face lifted types.
Sorry, I'm really late here but want to give a mention for the delightful 78-year-old YouTuber Patti, who goes by the name of rxstrmom. She covers makeup, beauty and clothes, plus a bit of crafting and nice chat, pearls of wisdom. Patti remarried in recent years, after being on her own for 30-odd years. I'm 70, and this woman is one of my role models now, when it comes to putting myself together! Like Suzi Grant, she looks after herself and is stylish and sweet.

Sorry, I'm really late here but want to give a mention for the delightful 78-year-old YouTuber Patti, who goes by the name of rxstrmom. She covers makeup, beauty and clothes, plus a bit of crafting and nice chat, pearls of wisdom. Patti remarried in recent years, after being on her own for 30-odd years. I'm 70, and this woman is one of my role models now, when it comes to putting myself together! Like Suzi Grant, she looks after herself and is stylish and sweet.
The latest vlog is interesting, Suzi is trying online dating. It must be hard to find someone compatible when you're so independent. Looking forward to following her journey !

The latest vlog is interesting, Suzi is trying online dating. It must be hard to find someone compatible when you're so independent. Looking forward to following her journey !
Haven't heard much more about the online dating but she still seems to have a lot of fun in her life. You can't beat being independent!

The crouching has ended. She has a new tripod ! 😃
Still loving her videos. I'd like half of her energy :)

The crouching has ended. She has a new tripod ! 😃
Still loving her videos. I'd like half of her energy :)
I stopped watching her, but glad to hear about the tripod!

I find some of the baby talk a bit too much - clothesies etc. But she is a nice woman. Interested in her appearance but not absorbed, a more rounded character than MAM.

I stopped watching her, but glad to hear about the tripod!

I find some of the baby talk a bit too much - clothesies etc. But she is a nice woman. Interested in her appearance but not absorbed, a more rounded character than MAM.
Definitely more rounded than MAM, interesting that she didn't respond to Suzi's invite to meet.
Today was all about the shoesies!

Not anything ending with ies please!

MAM sees herself as totally different from Suzi. She wouldn’t want to collaborate with her.

• Haha