Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
I mentioned in the MAM thread that AA mentioned in the comments of her vlog of 16 May that she was interviewed by JG a few years back.

AA is far more enjoyable to watch. Watching her and her brother together was amusing.

She has over 35K followers on Instagram, unlike her YouTube account.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

PollyGlotty

Are there any other middle aged or positive ageing Instagrammers/podcasters/Y Tubers that you can recommend? Preferably relatable, not Californian face lifted types.
Margaret Manning is a lovely British woman who lives in Zurich and has a great YouTube channel called Sixty and Me, plus a website and much more. Very much worth a watch!
Also, I following an amazing 80-something-year-old woman called Helen Wyatt (the name of her channel) who lives in Georgia and produces long videos full of delightful chat and craft demonstrations. She makes stuff like plant pots from Portland cement and mosaic table tops.
Then there's SueMe. Her name is Sue, and she's just so smart and interesting, with an eclectic range of vlogging topics.
Life over Sixty with Sandra is another favourite. Sandra Hart is also 80+.
Last but not least, rxstrmom is delightul. She's just turned 78 and is very stylish and sweet.
The last two I've mentioned, and Helen Wyatt are all just wonderfully inspiring women, as is Suzi Grant.
I enjoyed MAM when I first started following her, but I soon realised how shallow and utterly boring she is. Not a good role model.
BTW, I've just turned 70 and am British. I love seeing women who are that bit older and full of positivity and je ne sais quoi!

Anicecuppa

Does anyone else watch this lovely woman? She leads an interesting life by the coast and wears amazing Retro clothing.
She seems really genuine and her vlogs are very watchable. A classy but down to earth " lady of a certain age " !
I found her through watching Middleagedminx though I've gone off her a bit lately

Mustard

VIP Member
She seems less of a show off than Jo Good. She has been mentioned by some of JG’s followers on her site. JG hasn’t acknowledged her but Suzi has acknowledged JG. JG probably doesn’t want AA to offer her nutritional advice.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I've been subscribed to her YouTube for about 6 months. I love her videos. She is so active and shows us that even at her age, you can still get out and do fun things. I love her home and that backyard with the pond is incredible.
She is more professional than Jo Good. I am a bit fed up of her crouching down though, I keep thinking, oh you are going to get a bad back. Get some kit Suzi! She has an interest in a diverse range of stuff, like clothes from all price points or from designer to charity. Unlike JG. Also, not snobbish. Unlike you know who. She has clearly done well for herself. Reinvented herself in a meaningful way. Has a good lifestyle, is healthy. She is a good role model for the more mature woman! I do fast forward a bit but I am doing that with all of them lately.

Reactions: 3

House of Tea

VIP Member
AA doesn’t have many subscribers - less than MAM. Which suggests she is new to the vlogging malarky. Is that true? Or is she slow to get followers? It would be good for her to get more than MAM, she feels a more relatable person than MAM, who started well, but who is now grabby and vacuous.

Thanks for starting thread @Anicecuppa - how do you do that? I don’t seem to be able to.

Anicecuppa

I’ve remembered one reason why she’s very annoying. She does this thing called Friday Finger where she pictures herself giving the middle finger to something she doesn’t like. She’s often pictured in her underwear and has appeared naked examining her front nether region in the mirror on her bed. She has children too.
Ah yes, I just checked out Style me Sunday on Insta. A couple of nice frocks but she's not really my cuppa tea 🍵

I find Suzi sweet and amusing. She is a bit bonkers, and some of her clothes choices are not for me. But she has got a twinkle in her eye, and she is not especially self-absorbed, which is an odd thing to say about somebody essentially vlogging about themselves. She has amazing skin. I think she is a nutritionist as well, whatever she eats does wonders for her.
I think that's why I like her, because she seems genuinely interested in other people not just herself. She's got a lovely figure too, she always eats healthily but has fun with it

wanderingrose

Chatty Member
Just watched the vlog and omg im shocked she filmed that girl with those comments she made. Never would have thought she would say anything like that! I wouldnt wear what the girl is wearing (just for modesty purposes) but the way suzie made it out i thought she would be practically naked but it wasnt even that bad and honestly the girl looked pretty! Shes in a tourist hotel and probably came from the beach, whats wrong with what she was wearing? Shes not wearing it out of the hotel in public places like a mall. Its mean that shes filmed and shamed her on a platform like youtube 😤

House of Tea

VIP Member
Presumably she had a cocktail or two in Dubai. I am sure that is against that culture’s religion. That country realises that to get tourism in they have to allow alcohol in hotels, allow guests to wear what they want around the pool within reason. She was body shaming and trying to cover it up as being offended on behalf of a country. She actually said she has saw other women wearing similar garb to the lady she filmed who looked better. What she was objecting to was the woman’s lumps and bumps being on display in an unapologetic way. I don’t like that style of dressing either, and the thought might flit through my head, that’s a bad clothing choice but to move at speed to film her, to run after her when she thought she was going out of camera range, was pure nasty. And then to upload it for what, so that the comments could also poke fun at the innocent holidaymaker, except the comments have not done that.

She was out of sorts at that hotel. It would totally not be my cup of tea either. She probably goes around in life thinking, I am okay, stylish, older lady loving life. And she is. But she was surrounded by young, slim girls out for a good time and she was besieged by jealousy and then projected that outwards. Not cool.

I've been subscribed to her YouTube for about 6 months. I love her videos. She is so active and shows us that even at her age, you can still get out and do fun things. I love her home and that backyard with the pond is incredible.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I find Suzi sweet and amusing. She is a bit bonkers, and some of her clothes choices are not for me. But she has got a twinkle in her eye, and she is not especially self-absorbed, which is an odd thing to say about somebody essentially vlogging about themselves. She has amazing skin. I think she is a nutritionist as well, whatever she eats does wonders for her.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Agree about the crouching. I love her eclectic taste and zest for life, she has a lot of paid work so is obviously well thought of in the " industry "
She just seems like a pleasant woman, who doesn’t take herself too seriously, and does thing her own way, not out to impress anyone. It’s refreshing.

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
I have just found this lady - by chance, googled her and found her mentioned on here! Just looked at all her outfits she wore on her cruise, wow! She has such a positive attitude and seems to make the most of every minute! Her house is lovely isn’t it? 💕

House of Tea

VIP Member
I wonder what made her retire to Rottingdean? It looks very hilly in general. I would hate a hilly garden and especially if I was her age. It seemed from her last vlog that she hadn’t done much travelling down the coast before and she’s been there more than 12 years. Worthing looked quite fun. MAN takes her mother there to a cafe.
I go to Worthing once a month or so. It was run down, started picking up, covid hit with the inevitable closures including its two main department stores, but it’s looking up again. The esplanade is lovely. Walking from the pier to Goring is about 40 mins walk, and then the same again back. If I want a walk to breathe in the good sea air, Worthing is where I head to. Great cafe called Nrgy, for health eats. Fab fish n chips in a place called Chipwicks. I park in that hideous car park she pointed out, it goes directly into an M & S, my loo stop when I arrive. I also go to Brighton a lot, but prefer it in winter.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I thought the same. I generally enjoy her content but she was very grumpy in this vlog and totally out of order filming a woman who was minding her own business.
She actually said shit when the woman moved away and ran after her to get her in shot. Really bitchy and unnecessary- odd that she thought that was ok to put in.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Stopped watching this a while ago but watched a recent one in Dubai. I was a bit disgusted with her, racing to film someone who she thought looked hideous in her beachwear. Not only has she invaded the privacy of that person she bloody insulted them too. I am no saint but I would never try to film someone like that, who was at a pool, minding her own business. It was a bit like that model in the US filming a fat person at the gym and put it online for the laughs. Really shocked she did that. Just so inappropriate. Especially as she looked awful in her own two piece. Even Middle Aged Minx has never done that, and nothing is out of bounds for her when it comes to filling a vlog.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Anicecuppa

Sorry, I'm really late here but want to give a mention for the delightful 78-year-old YouTuber Patti, who goes by the name of rxstrmom. She covers makeup, beauty and clothes, plus a bit of crafting and nice chat, pearls of wisdom. Patti remarried in recent years, after being on her own for 30-odd years. I'm 70, and this woman is one of my role models now, when it comes to putting myself together! Like Suzi Grant, she looks after herself and is stylish and sweet.
The latest vlog is interesting, Suzi is trying online dating. It must be hard to find someone compatible when you're so independent. Looking forward to following her journey !

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She was so odd in that video - constantly moaning how there were young thin women in the hotel. Surely she's got to an age where you aren't threatened by that? It's not a competition.
As for rudely filming that woman 😲 unbelievably awful. In comments she's trying to pretend she was offended on behalf of Dubai. Rubbish. She just wanted to laugh at her and feel superior.

Screenshot_20231129_095307.jpg

• Angry

Madamice

VIP Member
Never thought of Suzy bodshaming, I really like her but that was really bitchy not an attractive trait. Horrible if the lady saw it or someone she knew. Do better Ms.Grant.

Anicecuppa

So, Suzi isn’t committing to a regular time slot for You Tubing anymore. I think that is a good move, just post when you have decent content rather than feel compelled to aim for 10am slot on Sundays. She might do some lives, which I am never interested in.
I'm the same about Lives, they ramble on for too long for me. Respect her decision though, she's a great role model