Sugababes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I knew I had my mind made up from the very beginning “

Ugh it’s such a tune! Me and my friend used to RUN to the dancefloor when it came on.
I was a teenager when Freak Like Me came out and loved the video, loved the original version too by Adina, but also loved Sugababes before their version was released especially Run for Cover and Overload but that new video drop when Heidi was introduced was stellar. I used to dance to and sing Mutya’s parts and pretend her parts was mine. I’m a guy 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I was a teenager when Freak Like Me came out and loved the video, loved the original version too by Asian, but also loved Sugababes before their version was released especially Run for Cover and Overload but that new video drop when Heidi was introduced was stellar. I used to dance to to the video to Mutya’s part and pretend her part was mine. I’m a guy 😂
I loooved the Adina Howard version!
And yes, when the video dropped it was such a moment! 70% of the video was introducing Heidi in such a bitchy way! I was a teen then too 😭

I don’t think people know what a big deal it was, the Sugabababes were pretty much written off at that point, and then they just brought out this song that made everyone (even people who don’t like pop music) go 👀

Run For Cover though, the “makes me want to scream“ part 💯

Reactions: 3
I loooved the Adina Howard version!
And yes, when the video dropped it was such a moment! 70% of the video was introducing Heidi in such a bitchy way! I was a teen then too 😭
I feel the complete opposite opinion!? To me Heidi was an innocent just enjoying herself at a nightclub and then attacked and bitten and turned into a vampire against her will!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I feel the complete opposite opinion!? To me Heidi was an innocent just enjoying herself at a nightclub and then attacked and bitten and turned into a vampire against her will!
Oh totally! But the other two were “giving her the evils”

it was a genius video either way!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh, I can tell me and you are the same generation, or close, I had totally forgot about “are you giving me evils?” 😂
I’m so glad you got the reference ! 🤣
---
To keep it on topic, I LOVE Mutya, she has always been my favourite, her VOICE, her style, she’s such a babe.

• Heart
Tbh my whole preteen and teenage years were led by girl bands from The Spice Girls, to All Saints, to Sugababes and of course TLC and Destiny’s Child. Those were the days ♥
---

@Sideboard Bob “song 4 Mutya” will forever be a bleeping tune as far as I’m concerned

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbh my whole preteen and teenage years were led by girl bands from The Spice Girls, to All Saints, to Sugababes and of course TLC and Destiny’s Child. Those were the days ♥
Omg yes. To be honest, music is my life, so I loved a LOT of genres back then, but I loved the same bands. We were so spoiled. I’ll add Eternal too. And the US bands, En Vogue, Jade.
TLC were everything.

ETA I really loved Shampoo as a preteen 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Omg yes. To be honest, music is my life, so I loved a LOT of genres back then, but I loved the same bands. We were so spoiled. I’ll add Eternal too. And the US bands, En Vogue, Jade.
TLC were everything.

ETA I really loved Shampoo as a preteen 😭
Ooh Eternal, yes, and En Vogue, did you ever hear Brownstone? They had some bangers but were lesser known

Also thought you might appreciate this, let me know 🤣😂🤣😂

• Heart
Ooh Eternal, yes, and En Vogue, did you ever hear Brownstone? They had some bangers but were lesser known

Also thought you might appreciate this, let me know 🤣😂🤣😂

I LOVE that song, so much. The harmonies. “oh I, oh I” just beautiful.

Oh and this from SWV! (fun fact. The guy saying “S W double V” is Pharrell!)

Omg that parody is SPOT ON! 🤣 I was all over that sound!

It reminds me of a Twitter thread that was something like, “10 year old me listening to a female r&b singer over a Darkchild beat with the most scandalous lyrics like this 👀🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I LOVE that song, so much. The harmonies. “oh I, oh I” just beautiful.

Oh and this from SWV! (fun fact. The guy saying “S W double V” is Pharrell!)

Omg that parody is SPOT ON! 🤣 I was all over that sound!

It reminds me of a Twitter thread that was something like, “10 year old me listening to a female r&b singer over a Darkchild beat with the most scandalous lyrics like this 👀🍿
Bahahahahahhaa!!!! 😂😂 like me with Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake and Maury, I used to purposely skive off school to watch those when I could , was introduced to topics I was not supposed to be WAY earlier than I should have been 😬

Didn’t recognise the song by the title but as soon as it played recognised it and also instantly recognised pharell’s involvement !

• Haha
Bahahahahahhaa!!!! 😂😂 like me with Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake and Maury, I used to purposely skive off school to watch those when I could , was introduced to topics I was not supposed to be WAY earlier than I should have been 😬
Omg yes! Me and my sister LOVED these shows! we’d just watch like 😯 Way too young ! Springer was the best, it was so wild, then he’d end it ith such calm, peaceful words! 😆

Omg yes! Me and my sister LOVED these shows! we’d just watch like 😯 Way too young ! Springer was the best, it was so wild, then he’d end it ith such calm, peaceful words! 😆
“Springers final thoughts” as if he didn’t just have the contestants (won’t call them guests) beating the tit out of each other

feel guilty but I still keep up with this these 2 recentish ones I thought were hilarious

(boo, the other one has been removed by YouTube)

• Wow
I forgot that this thread existed 🤣 I went to their show in Newcastle last November. They were incredible!

• Heart
“Springers final thoughts” as if he didn’t just have the contestants (won’t call them guests) beating the tit out of each other

feel guilty but I still keep up with this these 2 recentish ones I thought were hilarious

(boo, the other one has been removed by YouTube)
Right! “Take care of yourselves, and each other”…. Beautiful words, but if everyone did that, he wouldn’t have a show!

omg I remember this one! As soon as he said “my PARTY friend“ it all came flooding back 😆

To try and bring it back on topic 🤣 Does anyone know any good girl bands around now?

Not a girl band, but if anyone likes the Sugababes, please check out Cleo Sol. I have been trying to tell everyone about her, she is unreal.

• Heart
Wow , jealous. I have YouTubed some of their recent concerts and they sound amazing
They were brilliant. The setlist was great, too (although I was devastated that they didn’t sing Run For Cover 😅)

• Heart
Right! “Take care of yourselves, and each other”…. Beautiful words, but if everyone did that, he wouldn’t have a show!

omg I remember this one! As soon as he said “my PARTY friend“ it all came flooding back 😆

To try and bring it back on topic 🤣 Does anyone know any good girl bands around now?

Not a girl band, but if anyone likes the Sugababes, please check out Cleo Sol. I have been trying to tell everyone about her, she is unreal.

Beautiful voice but I don’t like the laid back song as of yet.

I used to have the VHS (yes ,VHS, as DVDS didnt exist yet lmao) of Jerry Springer Uncut that I ordered off a very early version of eBay online

this one was one of them 😬😬😬

I loved Overload and still love their greatest hits, they have some amazing songs! I even liked the Amelle line up too "Red Dress" and "Follow me Home". By the time Jade joined I think I gave up 😅
---

Don't know any girl bands now but also loved Blaque Ivory and 702!

• Heart
Forgot to add to an earlier post @Sideboard Bob yes I loved shampoo too, both their albums were brilliant and ahead of their time but I also just loved “Uh Oh, Were in trouble” I remeber it was the theme song used for the power rangers movie who I were also obsessed with as a kid!
---
---

Don't know any girl bands now but also loved Blaque Ivory and 702!
Did they do Baby Bring it all to Me? Loved that song

• Heart