Sugababes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember something on popbitch from years back. While on TOTP performing Ugly, between takes they asked the crowd what they thought of the song. The crowd didn’t answer v enthusiastically, and one of the band said they didn’t like it either.

Reactions: 3
I read this on the gossip thread but it’s gone now. Anyway, Mutya allegedly sent a message to somebody working at a gig she was doing to buy coke instead of her dealer.

oh, and Keisha is rude in real life. Haven’t 3 of them said that they got bullied by her?

Reactions: 2
I read this on the gossip thread but it’s gone now. Anyway, Mutya allegedly sent a message to somebody working at a gig she was doing to buy coke instead of her dealer.

oh, and Keisha is rude in real life. Haven’t 3 of them said that they got bullied by her?
Think they all had issues with Keisha? Didn't people think Mike Skinner alluded to Mutya being a crackhead

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Think they all had issues with Keisha? Didn't people think Mike Skinner alluded to Mutya being a crackhead
It wouldn’t surprise me if Mutya got bullied out too. She has mentioned about 3 reasons why she left. For her daughter, for her mental health, because she wanted to etc. I never knew he alluded to that. I’ll go and have a search.

Reactions: 1
Thank you for starting this thread @Restless Native i have a feeling there’s going to be a lot to discuss! 🤗
Wikipedia actually has a whole graph to explain the timelines of the lineup!
1605636422664.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
They treated Siobhan appallingly in the early days. Siobhan left due to how badly Mutya and Keisha treated her including putting chewing gum in her hair the night of the Brits and her having to get it cut out. Upon leaving the band she had to pay a huge legal bill as she was pulling out of a contractual agreement to be part of the group...she was still so young when she left so had to deal with a lot at a very young age.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
They definitely didn’t seem like the got along well! I think sugababes are a great example of twos company and threes a crowd. I know it’s not PC to generalise but groups of girls can be nasty witches when there’s a pair and an extra.

Reactions: 15
They treated Siobhan appallingly in the early days. Siobhan left due to how badly Mutya and Keisha treated her including putting chewing gum in her hair the night of the Brits and her having to get it cut out. Upon leaving the band she had to pay a huge legal bill as she was pulling out of a contractual agreement to be part of the group...she was still so young when she left so had to deal with a lot at a very young age.
And I remember Mutya saying when she left “she has no guts that girl. Why couldn’t she come and tell us that she was leaving to our faces?” Because you were vile to her!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My favourite line up was Keisha Heidi and Amelle 💕

The song desire reminds me so much of my sixth form days

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Jesus thats horrible

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Two’s company three’s a crowd so guess that’s why that never worked and they always changed lineups. Look at Atomic Kitten, I think Natasha was the ringleader there and was prob jealous of Kerry for bagging Bryan Westlife. I def think Keisha was the ringleader but was also the best singer. Loved the whole band regardless of lineups though as they were accessible to young girls, they were curvier (the Heidi, Mutya, Keisha lineup) than all the stick insects in an era where we were bombarded with scrawny Geri and Posh types, they dressed in a more family friendly way and didn’t alienate their female audience- I remember they were a breath of fresh air on the pop channels in 2002-2005 after seeing the likes of Holly Valance, Eric Prydz Call On Me, all those other Clubland type videos with tits and arse! Even Push the Button was raunchy but they kept their kit on. Anyway, what I’m saying is I loved them despite the rumoured infighting and their numerous lineups but tea is always welcome!

Reactions: 20
I don’t get why Siobhan decided to reform the band with Keisha and Mutya when they treated her so badly and bullied her?

Reactions: 16
I heard something about that years ago, crazy stuff mind.

Reactions: 1
I loved the first two incarnations of the Sugababes! I loved Siobhan’s solo stuff too.

I was under the impression that Mutya and Keisha were friends already and Siobhan was put with them by a producer... I mean, they were teenagers, it was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

I think Mutya and Keisha were both on the receiving end of a lot of racism too, in their defence. I think the music industry would have been a difficult place for a teenage girl to navigate, even more so if you aren’t white. Siobhan was pushed to the front a lot, and I expect a lot of that had to do with her skin colour.

The fact that they managed to get back together and put the past behind them speaks volumes about all of them, in a good way. I loved Flatline back in 2012, are they ever going to do anything together again??

Reactions: 9
I don’t get why Siobhan decided to reform the band with Keisha and Mutya when they treated her so badly and bullied her?
They've probably grown a lot in the intervening years and been able to mend fences between each other. We have to keep in mind that they were quite young when the Sugababes first burst onto the scene. The revolving door of members was likely more to do with the record label than the original trio themselves. The music industry is brutal, so I'd guess the management and record label executives likely pushed each of the girls buttons to behave in a way that was beneficial for the Record Label rather than the girls themselves.

I might be misremembering but I believe Siobhan left the band by going to the toilet during a meal at a restaurant and escaping through the toilet window. I think popbitch reported that one at the time.

Reactions: 6
Remember when Mutya left it seemed she wanted to copy Amy Winehouse? If I’m not mistaken her solo album was on the same label as Amy and some of the same songwriters, started copying the flicked eyeliner and I’m sure she did a cover of Be My Baby and Amy gave some guest vocals.
Just checked Heidi on Insta- cor her husband is fit!

Reactions: 3
Ghosts by Siobhan should have been a massive hit. Gorgeous song.

Reactions: 9