Stupid things you used to believe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a child, looking at old black and white photographs I genuinely believed that the world was like that years ago; void of colour. πŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8
That chocolate milk came from brown cows....

and if you got new shoes you would run faster!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I thought Brussels pate was made from brussel sprouts.
So did my sister, she was trying being veggie at the time and rang me horrified to ask did I know Brussels pate had meat in it, I asked what she thought it was made from and she said well sprouts!! πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was a teenager in the early 90s when the first Center Parcs opened. Based on what I had seen in the adverts, it was only a couple of years ago that I realised that it wasn't actually all under a massive glass dome. I'm not an outdoorsy person so never had any desire to go there, it was only when I asked a regular Center Parc visitor that I found out the truth πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
When me and my sister were little my mom
told us on one holiday to Wales that the Welsh sheep have two legs slightly shorter than their other two legs , so when they are on a hill (which there are many in Wales) they don’t roll down it. Making them more balanced. Believed it up until about 5 years ago when I mentioned how clever it was that welsh sheep had evolved this way to work colleagues...I’m 38 years old. My mum couldn’t stop laughing when I told her this and my sister was equally as shocked as me that it wasn’t real, she’s 41 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ My mum is a very convincing woman!
Wait... what - they don't? :eek:
Haha - my dad told me this too and about haggis' in Scotland being little furry animals that ran around. Was definitely in my teens before I realised on both!! x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was always told 'Red sky at night, barn on fire'

I grew up in the countryside so fully believed this. Think it was my early 20's when I questioned this.

• Haha
I only discovered last night (I’m 25) that the saying is all the rage & not all the range like I thought 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
When I was 5 I thought that turning the car light on was illegal. I also believed that babies came out of belly buttons (I don’t have a clue where I got that from). And that if it was thundering outside it was God saying he was angry.

Reactions: 3
Tea cakes (the chocolate ones) taste like tea i would never try them. Till a food shop with my sister in my early 20s πŸ˜–. I asked my sister why she was buying them for my brother in law he doesnt like tea? She laughed all the way home.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I only discovered last night (I’m 25) that the saying is all the rage & not all the range like I thought 😱
Holy tit, I've just googled it and you're right πŸ˜‚
Ive been saying 'all the range' my entire life. I came on here to laugh... not to learn stuff! How embarrassing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜–

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Holy tit, I've just googled it and you're right πŸ˜‚
Ive been saying 'all the range' my entire life. I came on here to laugh... not to learn stuff! How embarrassing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜–
Me too!! My boyfriend looked at me like I’d gone mad when I said it 🀣🀣

My first wedding as a grown up they asked if I wanted champagne to go with the toast. I politely declined and said I was full after the meal and didn't want any toast. Genuinely thought they were going to bring plates of toast out to eat with champagne after a 3 course meal πŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Tea cakes (the chocolate ones) taste like tea i would never try them. Till a food shop with my sister in my early 20s πŸ˜–. I asked my sister why she was buying them for my brother in law he doesnt like tea? She laughed all the way home.
Up until a few years ago my SIL wouldn't eat mince pies because she thought they were filled with meat. She's 52!!!

• Haha
My primary school best friend genuinely believed Kylie Minogue was her birth mother as her dad had a crush on her and her family would wind her up every time she was on TV. They told her Kylie gave her up to be a pop star. For years she believed it and would cry every time her music videos were on TV.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wait... what - they don't? :eek:
Haha - my dad told me this too and about haggis' in Scotland being little furry animals that ran around. Was definitely in my teens before I realised on both!! x
Ha that’s ace!! Yes I know - I was shocked to the core to find out my mum fibbed to us all this years πŸ˜‚ Oh well...not long until Santa arrives 😜😜😜