Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do u think pros have a rough idea of what songs they will have for the series and have them basically mapped.out and then can add more to it for the more talented celebs. They have been doing ballroom for years so rhe choreography foe the first few weeks wouldn't be that taxing and I'm sire their dance part ers who get voted out come and assist with choreography and showing how certain lifts and sequences should.go.
They showed on ITT for musicals week the production team basically gave Ellie her song and theme, while Nikita was allowed to have what he wanted (Moulin Rouge). I think that was just indicative of how it can go. Lots of times they're given songs which may or may not work (I remember Ellie saying Vito had never heard of 'Copacabana', which was funny), and I can't imagine Layton and Nikita demanded Bjork for an AS.
Gilkison and the other choreographers are usually available, and I imagine some of the pros might help out. Gio will offer his advice on muff lifts, for example.

Reactions: 8
Definitely, they need to stop being so risky with the celebs wellbeing. What happened to Nigel was ridiculous (being dropped by pros) and what could of happened to Ellie was just downright dangerous. It doesn't need to be bigger and better every year with more stunts that have the potential to go wrong. We just want good dances.
What about poor will?

I think the celebrities are asked for a list of songs they like too. Amanda gave them loads 😬

I honestly can’t see the attraction with Fanny Rat. I think he is sleazy, unauthentic and I don’t think he is particularly attractive. He sounds quite nasal and I think his teeth are a bit too big for his mouth. I was just looking online and in the 9 years he has been on Strictly he’s dated
Georgia May Foote, his first dance partner.
Luba (very disappointed to read that, I expected better from her).
Jessica Wright from TOWIE.
Ashley Roberts who he met when she was on strictly.
Maura Higgins from Love Island.
Jowita.

Anton needs to start putting Bromide in his tea although I’m convinced that he is slipping it to Anton too in a bid to get more opportunities/fame.

Reactions: 6
Looking on FB the number of ladies who say that they met him and he was lovely, or they took his dance class and he was a gentleman! yes, because you were a paying customer! It's not the same as spending 12 hours a day round him while he's got a mard on cos Vito's doing better than him, or he thinks he should have got Layton, or Felixstowe hasn't sold out yet....
Exactly! You are bang on. Paying customers will not experience what contestants do

Reactions: 9
I rewatched the final week ITT with Ellie and Vito and Vito actually said that Matt Flint was asking in rehearsals if they should tone it down and wondered if it was too risky (he didn't specify that it was the final lift being referenced but I assume so). In that case, Matt, who is a very experienced choreographer and has worked on the show for years, should have stepped in if Vito was getting carried away and vetoed (Vito-ed?) the final lift.

I found the 'stupid cow' clip from 2021 that Rose posted and took down. Notable for Kai's 'oh tit' face when he realises Rose and AJ are there 🤣, and Gio being in an absolutely foul mood and not giving a duck who heard him. I'd imagine if something like that went down with Amanda she might find him very hard to work with.

Who said stupid cow? Was it Kai or Gio?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Hate to say it but seems to be a recurring theme this with Giovanni and maybe his mental fans need to recognise that just because he got a deaf girl to the glitterball and pulled on the nations heart strings. He’s nothing special and if he’s been treating people in this manner, he deserves everything he gets. Not the first time he’s been accused of this, doesn’t all just happen to poor Giovanni, no smoke without fire.
He has always gotten a pass on his behavior from strictly fans. I know quite a few of the tattlers are still secret Ranvir/Gio fans that trolled any doubters of their “true love” 😝 Then came the Rio fans who were awful to Jowita and Demmi. There are a large group of mostly middle aged women who will never let go of their fantasies of Gio. Their wallets are open for any chance to see that chain smoking narcissist.

Reactions: 4
I think the celebrities are asked for a list of songs they like too. Amanda gave them loads 😬

I honestly can’t see the attraction with Fanny Rat. I think he is sleazy, unauthentic and I don’t think he is particularly attractive. He sounds quite nasal and I think his teeth are a bit too big for his mouth. I was just looking online and in the 9 years he has been on Strictly he’s dated
Georgia May Foote, his first dance partner.
Luba (very disappointed to read that, I expected better from her).
Jessica Wright from TOWIE.
Ashley Roberts who he met when she was on strictly.
Maura Higgins from Love Island.
Jowita.

Anton needs to start putting Bromide in his tea although I’m convinced that he is slipping it to Anton too in a bid to get more opportunities/fame.
I *think* he also dated Joanne Clifton when they were both dancing in Italy :oops: . I second the bromide.
1704649688198.png

'Stupid cow' was Gio.

• Wow
Did anyone else get the impression that Emma Barton didn't like Anton? She's one that I don't think actually enjoyed her experience.

I think Amanda’s partner come across as controlling …anyone who proposes within 30 minutes of meeting face to face is a major red flag!! She should’ve run away…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
'Stupid cow' was Gio.
As Rose appeared to be hiding I am assuming the ‘stupid cow’ was her.
Aw yes they should get together. Every stupid cow wants to be swept off her feet by a stroppy lothario 🥰

• Haha
He has always gotten a pass on his behavior from strictly fans. I know quite a few of the tattlers are still secret Ranvir/Gio fans that trolled any doubters of their “true love” 😝 Then came the Rio fans who were awful to Jowita and Demmi. There are a large group of mostly middle aged women who will never let go of their fantasies of Gio. Their wallets are open for any chance to see that chain smoking narcissist.
This is me - wwwwooo hoooo 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
As Rose appeared to be hiding I am assuming the ‘stupid cow’ was her.
Aw yes they should get together. Every stupid cow wants to be swept off her feet by a stroppy lothario 🥰
The assumption at the time was that it was about Maura, as Rose uploaded a funny video of Gio later on, showing there was no bad feeling. And some fans insisted it was all just a prank anyway, but you can tell by Gio's body language (and Kai's OH duck face when he sees the girls) that he was really raging.

I've seen Gio fans on FB say that Ellie would have done better with him (ahem, done better than winning??). But Gio is clearly moody and unpredictable, and Ellie said how safe she felt when she met Vito which meant that she was able to push herself hard. I imagine if you don't feel safe or secure with your pro then it's a nightmare. Kudos to Rose for handling him.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Vito was the perfect partner for Ellie in the same way that Nikita was for Layton. They probably could have done well partnered with someone else as they were talented dancers but it was their relationship and connection with the pro that really made them stand out. I think Vito had the right balance of nurturing and pushing Ellie out of her comfort zone to make her feel safe and grow her confidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She was also in the audience when he recorded his Life Story on Kate Garraway’s show. I think Emma and Anton get on well, they have clearly kept in touch long after Strictly.
I didn’t sense any obvious tension between them. Emma seemed rather highly strung and anxious, so I’m not sure she’d have seemed relaxed and at ease whoever she was partnered with.

Reactions: 8
Vito was the perfect partner for Ellie in the same way that Nikita was for Layton. They probably could have done well partnered with someone else as they were talented dancers but it was their relationship and connection with the pro that really made them stand out. I think Vito had the right balance of nurturing and pushing Ellie out of her comfort zone to make her feel safe and grow her confidence.
Yes, and there were some really lovely partnerships this year, and it makes a difference, I think, to the viewers as well.
I don't mean as regards romances or 'shipping' 😁 it's just lovely to see.

Angela S and Carlos, Nigel and Katya among others.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.