Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really can’t see how Giovanni can come back to Strictly if this does go down the legal route depending on how long it takes surely he will have to be on some sort of gardening leave? One thing he won’t be able to mention it on his tours! He may also have to be careful with what he says on his tours about Strictly.

Reactions: 9
I dunno, Gio is a bit marmite with the general public: when you cultivate a lothario image you are always going to be vulnerable to that 'he loves himself' criticism. The name Fanny Rat comes from a Daily Mail comment about him! Even aside from the trans stuff, Amanda's online persona is 'bolshy and no-nonsense broad'. I think a woman who was more widely liked would have more traction with this, just as I think the allegations would land less with a less divisive pro like, say, Kai or Carlos.
Someone on DS pointed out that Gio is the only pro Layton doesn't follow, and that he has been friends with Amanda for years. The plot thickens.. Anyway, this is keeping me entertained while I have Covid - just need the tapes to come out now!
Aw, poor thing. You mind yourself and hope you're not feeling too bad. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really can’t see how Giovanni can come back to Strictly if this does go down the legal route depending on how long it takes surely he will have to be on some sort of gardening leave? One thing he won’t be able to mention it on his tours! He may also have to be careful with what he says on his tours about Strictly.
The pros are contracted on a series by series basis, they’re not on a permanent contract, so there’s no necessity for any form of ‘leave’. Depending on how things pan out, all that needs to happen is that he doesn’t get offered a contact for the 2024 series.

Reactions: 9
Amanda actually seemed pretty damn popular to me across SM with the Beryls. Whether that was by default of being paired with Gio, I don't know. I even remember my mum saying this about a group she followed, that the only female celeb they talked about was Amanda. After she went, they gravitated to Annabel.

Regarding breaks, even Layton outright said on ITT how strict Nikita was being during week 10 and wouldn't let him go to the loo or stop for food! He then said, "I'm sure there are rules against that..." Now he may have said it jokingly, but many a true word is spoken in jest and obviously they had great relationship , but still... you simply can't have pros getting that carried away.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder if she didn’t get her full fee for leaving hence this story about PTSD?! I think she had issues …her partner also has a claim going on or had for his accident …
Looked at DM and not v complimentary about Amanda …
I think she is hard work that’s the vibe I get/got

The pros are contracted on a series by series basis, they’re not on a permanent contract, so there’s no necessity for any form of ‘leave’. Depending on how things pan out, all that needs to happen is that he doesn’t get offered a contact for the 2024 series.
What will happen about his adventure to Spain with Anton - I guess that will be put on hold until this resolved?

I wonder if she didn’t get her full fee for leaving hence this story about PTSD?! I think she had issues …her partner also has a claim going on or had for his accident …
Looked at DM and not v complimentary about Amanda …
I think she is hard work that’s the vibe I get/got
I think her and Fanny Rat were probably a match made in hell. Both absolute arseholes.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Neil reading all the posts about wanting to get rid of Gio

View attachment 2673032
TBF while Neil is annoying, has he ever allegedly given anyone PTSD? (bar @StephenTJackson through his unbearable hotness 🤣)
I agree that if Amanda wanted a new partner they should have agreed that Gio step aside with his injury excuse, and given her Gorka, or Neil. She'd have had a perfectly ok experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Amanda doesn’t strike as the person who would have wanted a new partner and remain quiet about Gio’s attitude towards her. I think she would have seen this as him getting away with it type thing.

Reactions: 3
I dunno, Gio is a bit marmite with the general public: when you cultivate a lothario image you are always going to be vulnerable to that 'he loves himself' criticism. The name Fanny Rat comes from a Daily Mail comment about him! Even aside from the trans stuff, Amanda's online persona is 'bolshy and no-nonsense broad'. I think a woman who was more widely liked would have more traction with this, just as I think the allegations would land less with a less divisive pro like, say, Kai or Carlos.
Someone on DS pointed out that Gio is the only pro Layton doesn't follow, and that he has been friends with Amanda for years. The plot thickens.. Anyway, this is keeping me entertained while I have Covid - just need the tapes to come out now!
I thought she came across as a bit of nervous wreck on Strictly. This is a really intense experience, I think there should be some kind of psychological assessment before they are offered a place to make sure they can handle it. I get that a few weeks with Gio might not be a very pleasant experience (it’s certainly not something I would want, Nikita would be a different matter) but to get diagnosed with PTSD would suggest to me there is something else going on there. She doesn’t appear to be very emotionally robust.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The show has just gotten too intense. The 12 hour rehearsal days are just ridiculously long and it wouldn't surprise me if injuries happened through sheer exhaustion. The producers are too concerned with the "big happy family" idea that Amanda would have never been allowed another partner because if they pretended Gio had an injury people would have expected them to end up partnered again at some point and when they didn't stories would start up. They need a limit on how many hours they have to rehearse a day and they need to think more about who they partner with who.

Reactions: 21
The show has just gotten too intense. The 12 hour rehearsal days are just ridiculously long and it wouldn't surprise me if injuries happened through sheer exhaustion. The producers are too concerned with the "big happy family" idea that Amanda would have never been allowed another partner because if they pretended Gio had an injury people would have expected them to end up partnered again at some point and when they didn't stories would start up. They need a limit on how many hours they have to rehearse a day and they need to think more about who they partner with who.
Definitely, they need to stop being so risky with the celebs wellbeing. What happened to Nigel was ridiculous (being dropped by pros) and what could of happened to Ellie was just downright dangerous. It doesn't need to be bigger and better every year with more stunts that have the potential to go wrong. We just want good dances.

Reactions: 23
Definitely, they need to stop being so risky with the celebs wellbeing. What happened to Nigel was ridiculous (being dropped by pros) and what could of happened to Ellie was just downright dangerous. It doesn't need to be bigger and better every year with more stunts that have the potential to go wrong. We just want good dances.
Exactly. It would be no harm at all, to pare things back a bit.

There's a lot of pressure on the celebrities to produce so many dances especially as the competition moves on. It will also put celebrities off signing up, imo, if there are a lot of negative stories emerging.

The expectations that the judges have, of some celebrities (ahem, Nigel) at times seem a bit over the top too.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.