Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A family friend was left in a similar situation to Helen. Her kids are adults now and have very little to do with their father, who has moved through a few marriages since and currently has a 19 year old Thai bride.

I’m so glad she is paired with lovely Gorka, and that he and Gemma are being so good to her too.
If we don’t know the same man then there two scum bags like this walking about!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That Salsa dance VT reminded me of how much of a crush I had on Erin. So beautiful! Her and Anton were just dance partners, is that right? Not a couple?

Edited to add: they were never a couple and he is the godfather of Erin's child. Cute.

Also, I looked up Anton's Wikipedia and I swear to god, this man never fails to surprise me 🥷

Screenshot_20221013-104450_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
This was one of my favourite ever things on Strictly. Matt Cutler showing Carol Smiley the routine for the Girls Aloud performance

I can never watch the actual performance without giggling

Don’t know where you dug that up from but brilliant 👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my God Helen’s husband is the worst! She seems like a lovely person and a wonderful mother. I hope she does the best Paso Doble that has ever Paso Doble’d this weekend and wins strictly and has the best career ever.
If she wins, I hope it would be on her own merits and not because of her husband, tbh.

Reactions: 12
It’s tough to have to go on tv knowing your ex is putting his business into the papers which reflects on you even though you are just trying to get on with your career and your family. I don’t think she will get a pity win because she’s not doing an Ore every weekend. She definitely improving her dancing as well.

Reactions: 8
Helen has a lot of goodwill because of the head husband, but I also think The Journey is strong with this one. She's a good dancer, but not too good yet, and although the "I'm just a mum, I can't be sexy" narrative was overegged the other week, it's a storyline that a lot of the Strictly audience can relate to. I think we'll see her in the final, and possibly win it as well.

Reactions: 13
It’s tough to have to go on tv knowing your ex is putting his business into the papers which reflects on you even though you are just trying to get on with your career and your family. I don’t think she will get a pity win because she’s not doing an Ore every weekend. She definitely improving her dancing as well.
Did you have to mention Tiny Tears😭....I couldn't and to this day, cannot stand him:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
All these clips show how much the show has changed. Why is Gilkison so favoured these days?

I miss the visiting professionals too that used to appear from time to time. I wish the producers would ask for feedback.

By the way, my kids call Shirley 'Pervy Shirley'.

Shirley's lecherous behaviour towards certain men grosses me out. It wouldn't be okay for a man to do so why is it acceptable for her?

• Heart
This was one of my favourite ever things on Strictly. Matt Cutler showing Carol Smiley the routine for the Girls Aloud performance

I can never watch the actual performance without giggling

I remember at the time there was a huge meltdown on DS about the outrageous insult of demoting world-class ballroom stars to the status of backup dancers to a reality TV girl band.

And then you look at the show now … 🫤

Reactions: 3
All these clips show how much the show has changed. Why is Gilkison so favoured these days?

I miss the visiting professionals too that used to appear from time to time. I wish the producers would ask for feedback.

By the way, my kids call Shirley 'Pervy Shirley'.
the clips are just reminding me of how much i miss the “please take to the floor…..” days. the reliance on themes and cgi and comedy now has only spoilt the level of routines.

i used to love the visiting dancers! the showdance couple they used to have (who brendan then copied in almost parody levels 🤣) were outstanding - i wish they would bring this back on the sunday show rather than having a musical act.

Shirley's lecherous behaviour towards certain men grosses me out. It wouldn't be okay for a man to do so why is it acceptable for her?
It's never too early for a lech from Shirley 😆 but yes, it is gross the way she carries on.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I remember at the time there was a huge meltdown on DS about the outrageous insult of demoting world-class ballroom stars to the status of backup dancers to a reality TV girl band.

And then you look at the show now … 🫤
It’s the way Matt says about big chap James having to do the moves … and when the actual dance is shown, he's hidden at back.

Helen has a lot of goodwill because of the head husband, but I also think The Journey is strong with this one. She's a good dancer, but not too good yet, and although the "I'm just a mum, I can't be sexy" narrative was overegged the other week, it's a storyline that a lot of the Strictly audience can relate to. I think we'll see her in the final, and possibly win it as well.
She’s also a variety of contestant that traditionally does well … she’s done a Christmas Special, she’s been on ‘wish-lists’ for years, she has a lot of good will from being a daredevil Blue Peter presenter and she is on Countryfile.

Reactions: 6

Oh my god, are you me?! I was going to post both of these last night but got distracted! I was even going to comment about how ‘forgotten’ they’ve become.

Anya was incredible, such a shame she only did one series.

Patrick was in ‘Shetland’ recently, with the worst American accent I’ve ever heard! 😁

While we’re on the subject of fabulous past dances, can we all just take a moment to revel in the best pro dance EVER! (And to mourn that we’ll never see the like again now that Gilkinson has systematically turned all pro dances into random CGI-ed migraine-inducing monstrosities)

I agree, that jive will be forever my favourite pro dance. I watch it quite a lot on YouTube!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
All these years and STILL nobody has said "Shirley, you can't be serious."

• Haha
I think without the crappy ex Helen would still probably be a finalist as she's good, but not too good, pleasant, good partnership etc. With the personal trauma, which she's handling in a dignified way, she is a likely winner (I already think it's her or Will or Tyler..).
I don't imagine the show will address it directly but I expect them to do a 'woman coming into her power' theme, maybe one VT with her kids, and a big breakthrough moment.

Reactions: 7
I know, and it's so unprofessional in addition to all of the other reasons why it is unacceptable.

Imagine if Anton, for example, made a similar sleazy comment to one of the women about their physical appearance, and yet she gets away with making comments like that to the men. Every year.

I thought she was going to leap over the desk onto Will, the first night.

I think without the crappy ex Helen would still probably be a finalist as she's good, but not too good, pleasant, good partnership etc. With the personal trauma, which she's handling in a dignified way, she is a likely winner (I already think it's her or Will or Tyler..).
I don't imagine the show will address it directly but I expect them to do a 'woman coming into her power' theme, maybe one VT with her kids, and a big breakthrough moment.
I think you're spot on, tbh. I'll look forward to it with baited breath... :rolleyes::sleep:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.