Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BDY_97

VIP Member
New professional dancer announced joining the show for this year, replacing Pasha Kovalev and becoming the first Chinese dancer as well. Always interesting to see new professionals and how they choreograph with their celebs. Wonder whether she will get a celeb this year or not.

Must also mean we aren’t far away from finding out first celebs to be signed up.

They didn’t really need a new pro but I’ve seen her dance before and she is incredible so good for her! Doubt she will get a partner though, but maybe she will with all the rumours is katya not getting one.
First three celebs are being announced tomorrow on the one show!

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Well it is a massive show with so many different components and players etc.I would’ve thought the beeb would be doing everything they can to get their biggest show up and running though and it doesn’t air until September (I know pre-production starts a few months before)
Huge earner for the BBC but my husbands firm provides quite a lot of kit for it and they are still very unsure what will happen.

gypsymoth

VIP Member
lol don't be so sure the about the bbc!! and don't write off sarah ingham just yet either.......stranger things have happened

midnightrose

VIP Member
I would say Kelvin is more consistent, perhaps the more relaxed performer that is less likely to bottle it and mess up, but I definitely think Karim is the better dancer. Kelvin has only really mastered the Latin dances and his ballrooms have been a bit underwhelming, whereas Karim's Quickstep was as impressive as his Salsa.
I adored Karim’s Quickstep. My favourite of the series so far!

conrea37

VIP Member
Aw that’s a shame, would’ve been interested to see what his dancing was like

Came here to post the same thing!

BDY_97

VIP Member
I would LOVE that
I’ve always wanted him on it so it’s a shame he won’t be doing it this year!

I would LOVE for it to be Phillip schofield but I don’t think he would ever do strictly

Just thinking it could be kem from love island 2017... he does some work on this morning and he has been rumoured for it

Last edited:

conrea37

VIP Member
Rochelle is the only person I can think of! No her bandmate done it 2 years ago but Rochelle hasn’t done it so might be her!
I think she did a Christmas special? But doesn’t write her out of the main show for sure

BDY_97

VIP Member
Claudia Fragapane was only 18 when she competed, dancing with AJ Pritchard, and Louisa Lytton was only 17 when she competed, she was the youngest ever. Don’t think they tend to go for the youngest celebs, but it isn’t impossible. But I am hoping Saffron isn’t signed up, she would probably end up being paired with AJ based on height and that would be awful. Because it means I wouldn’t be able to support AJ because I can’t stand Saffron.
I completely forgot Claudia was that young when she was on the show, I think it’s because she acted with maturity unlike saffron ever would. Yeah she would probably end up being paired with aj, not just based on height but because the producers know they would both attract loads of teenagers to watch the show.
Also I can’t believe Louisa was only 17 that’s crazy! I would have thought you would need to be at least 18 to take part.

HowLongOhLord

Right 😂 one of the comments said “I’m angry that Dianne the queen of the pro’s is not always at the front where she should be”

I was literally like 😑😑 she is no where near as good as the majority of the pro’s

I’m honestly dreading this series because I already know there’s going to be constant moaning if Dianne doesn’t do well etc
How can she not do well - whatever 'well' means :D? She has the Joanne vote in her handbag. That is without whatever her Celeb has by way of dancing ability, or an online following. The only way the producer can neutralise her is to giver DB a Celeb with a dancing background, so that she (with her Celeb partner) suffers the wicked fate of 'Ashley Roberts/Alexandra Burke/Debbie McGhie/Louise Redknapp/Faye Tozer etc. This will almost certainly occur yet again, especially if it is true that Celeb like Anneke Rice is entering, or if some dark horse like Ulrika-ka-ka-ka emerges.

Too complicated really. Strictly ultimately is an entertainment show, and the current format is entertaining for 10million, even with its flaws around voting.
By all means put forward your own system for consideration, but please don't tell me the Sugg-corrupted vote system works. :) It is a pound to a penny that the production team had to fix corrupted the semis and the finals vote. They won't publish the voting figures. Why not?

Celebs will keep signing up, because Strictly is the most respected celebrity show on British TV because it actually requires effort, also can open doors for the celebs and really raise their profiles. Celebs like the attention, there will always be people signing up, even those with dance experience.
I am afraid we must agree to disagree.

I can see failing Celebs might see this show as a way of career rejuvenation, but only if they come out relatively unscathed. I don't think it did anything for Will Young or Danny John-Jules. Equally, with backlashes from the MSM, I somehow doubt if it has helped Seann Walsh. Louise Redknapp. Stscey Dooley or Ben Cohen

Last edited:

TinaTree

Chatty Member
Slightly off topic but i read an article the other day about Janette and Aliaz and the headline was misleading so i guessed she was pregnant (she isnt) and it got me thinking do you think the female pros have to sign something agreeing not to get pregnant. They seem to announce the pros/renew contracts pretty early on so it must be quite difficult for those wanting to start a family (especially with conception issues) with strictly and the tour

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
They didn’t really need a new pro but I’ve seen her dance before and she is incredible so good for her! Doubt she will get a partner though, but maybe she will with all the rumours is katya not getting one.
First three celebs are being announced tomorrow on the one show!
I’ve heard the rumours Katya isn’t getting a partner either, hopefully Neil does though. I suppose whether Nancy gets one sort of depends on the celebrities signed up, whether she was a pro signed up because they needed a female pro of a certain height etc. Or whether she was making up the numbers, because it feels late to be announcing a new pro when the professionals list was really confirmed months ago, including a point of not replacing Pasha.

Can’t wait to hear the first names hopefully I’ll know of them, I normally do with Strictly celebs.