Streaming Services (netflix, nowTV and others)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just made a very bold move, I've started a 7 day free trial of NOWTV today and I've just finished watching the first program which I downloaded and viewed online.

The reason why I've made this move is quite simple, I've run into a problem, there are shows on Sky I've missed and are only available "ON DEMAND" which I've discovered I don't have on my current subscription. I could have upgraded but I need to phone up Sky and I really didn't want to screw with the current subscription. As NOWTV has the shows I want plus a few other shows I've decided to start using NowTV because one day I will ditch Sky.

Other streaming services I've discovered don't cover the shows I'm after, Amazon Video have the shows I want but that would be expensive hence starting with NowTV.

Now I can download the programs to my Kindle and watch them and after I've finished each program it deletes itself which I think is a real bonus.

The only downside (there is always a downside) is that my new SmartTV cannot use the NowTV App but if and when I finish with Sky I can get the Stick to plug into the TV.

I would love to hear other people's experiences with NowTV or any other system.

I don't bother with Netflix, Sky, Amazon etc

Instead I just use Kodi, some Kodi apps, and a VPN subscription ($99/year), and I can stream/download anything I want from around the world to my NASbox.

Quality isn't always HD or 4K, but it will suffice, and avoids all the hassle of constant buffering, repeated programmes, incessant adverts/trailers etc.

Reactions: 1

They have failed to see that the problem isn't password sharing as that's gone on forever. It's.......

1) They keep putting up the price.
2) There is now more choice than ever because of new subscription services entering the market.

People are already struggling with cost of living so more and more will just cancel every single subscription service they have and watch all Apple, Netflix, Amazon etc for free on sites like https://watchseriestv.top/ where you can create a free account and add shows to favourites all without pop ups.

Reactions: 4
NowTV is decent enough if it has the shows you want, and you get the live TV channels as well.

The important rule of NowTV though, is cancel all the time. Because you should very rarely be paying full price for nowTV. 99% of the time when trying to cancel NowTV entertainment or movies, they will offer you a deal to stay. Sport less often, but still sometimes do.

@StephenTJackson Quite right, I'm on a six month lower price sub with NOWTV which runs out in a couple of months
so I will cancel near the end and see what they offer me. I'm also with Disney+ just for a month, they don't seem to
offer me any sweet deals.

Never used Netflix apart from a trial in which I cancelled 20 minutes after I started because back then it had no content
that I wanted.

I didn't know about this shared password part on Netflix.

I like Netflix but do cancel when I'm short of money and it's always the first thing to go.

I have Netflix, prime, and disney plus. I occasionally buy now tv but usually for one thing I want. There isn't enough on there for me to have it all the time. And as has been mentioned, they always have deals.

I mainly have prime for amazon delivery, don't find it the best for content. Disney plus has got much better in recent months now they're adding more back catalogue content from fox etc.

Netflix I've had for a good few years but have to say I seem to be watching less and its now coming into something I may only occasionally buy. Straight to streaming is the new straight to video and Netflix movies are almost always poor. No issue with diversity etc but their mission statement means many reality shows you can spot the winner early on, dramas aren't subtle, and I've even noticed some documentaries leave out certain things to fit a specific narrative. Plus when they're throwing millions at untalented and unqualified people like Prince Harry instead of investing in quality programmes then I have to question what I'm paying for.

Reactions: 2
Is Disney+ any good? I keep thinking of getting it but I dunno if it's actually worth it?

• Heart
Is Disney+ any good? I keep thinking of getting it but I dunno if it's actually worth it?
I personally think it's a load of shite.

I'm not interested in a lot of Disney content. Don't watch Star Wars, I'm only interested in Marvel for Tom Holland.

The Fox stuff coming on recently, improves it, but only if you like American TV, I'm personally struggling to find shows that I really want to watch.

A few decent films. Worth the occasional month subscription, but not full time for me.

I think so, they do have quite a good amount of stuff, I only joined up because of one of their
channels had Grey's Anatomy, all seasons. I've found plenty of non Disney content, old TV shows
and some good movies. Perfect if you like Star Wars because they have everything related to the
franchise.

I'm not sure if there is a free trial at the moment, not sure if the 7 day trial is still valid.

• Heart
I am a Disney fan, especially the behind the scenes stuff, but even I was unsure of its worth for the first year or so of having it.

But now with so many big shows from Fox and ABC on there, plus whatever is on Hula in the states I think its getting better and better. I have even seen some uk dramas that were on BBC and itv popping up. Plus you have all the national geographic stuff.

I have Netflix. Sky and Prime. I find with Prime you watch a series for free then once you're on season 3 and hooked they charge to watch the rest of the seasons. Nows Grey's anatomy is being removed from Prime which I haven't finished watching. That's going to Disney +..
I wanted to watch Power Force on Prime but you have to pay for the starz subscription. I wish there was one fee for all. Sky has lost a lot of it's content. I find Sky the least value for money. It's so hard to cancel SKY. You need to sit down for an hour to just cancel your subscription. I do watch Netflix the most.

@cosmo girl I don't have prime but I can have a 30 day trial but I noticed that with Grey's I could see all the
seasons but S17 you have to pay for, well it did when I looked a while back. This and other examples put me
off even considering Prime. I have Disney+ which recently added S17 of Grey's so I renewed my sub for just
a month.

We cancelled Disney+ a long time ago and I think Netflix will be going too. I’m tempted to go back to Disney+ for a month as they seem to be the next big thing again.

There’s never anything on Netflix that I fancy watching. It almost has a dated feel to it because a lot of the stuff they put on there is old rubbish. We cut our account down to 1 screen too when they recently increased the price. I was talking about it with my friend last night.. They did the same and we both think these services will start bringing in minimum term contracts.

I’ve never paid for Sky. I think it’s extortionate.

I have Prime but I only use it for deliveries. They are one of the best deals imo and never increase the cost.

Last edited:
Netflix rarely has stuff I want to watch, there is too much focus on youth/young adult/reality tv now. Also lots and lots of foreign shows, which I’m not interested in. Remember when Netflix had groundbreaking shows that weren’t marvel/gossip girl adjacent?!

prime: only have it as I have a prime account, nothing decent to watch. Dated interface too.

Now tv: always cancel and they will give you a
lower priced package, I’m currently paying a lot less than advertised for their entertainment package. Even with that I find hardly anything to watch. Big American shows are constantly streamed weeks/months after they first air in the States by which point you have to be living under a rock to have missed all the spoilers in the headlines.

Disney+: meh! Not into Disney or kids stuff, if they had more adult stuff that wasn’t marvel or back catologue Disney movies then maybe I’d try it out
again.

I don’t think any one streaming service currently offers good value for money on their own. Netflix in particular are taking the piss. Not everyone is into Stranger Things or endless YA book adaptations.

One of my irritations with Netflix is how they will remove some seasons of shows ‘to make room for new content’ but they will add a Christmas film in the middle of summer.

• Haha
@cosmo girl I don't have prime but I can have a 30 day trial but I noticed that with Grey's I could see all the
seasons but S17 you have to pay for, well it did when I looked a while back. This and other examples put me
off even considering Prime. I have Disney+ which recently added S17 of Grey's so I renewed my sub for just
a month.
Grey's was free in my Prime. I got to season 7. I am not going to get disney + just to watch Greys Anatomy.
What's leaving Prime Video in April
Here's the full list of the all the shows leaving the streaming giant next month. Be sure to binge them before they're gone!

April 20

• Grey's Anatomy, Season 1-16
  • Criminal Minds, Season 1-15
  • Scandal, Season 1-7
  • Lost, Season 1-6 -

I find Prime worse then Netflix, I can never find anything I want to watch on Prime. Also there were a couple of films I wanted to watch which were old and Netflix didn't have it and Amazon had it for £3 which I'm not prepared to pay when I pay a subscription!

I find Prime worse then Netflix, I can never find anything I want to watch on Prime. Also there were a couple of films I wanted to watch which were old and Netflix didn't have it and Amazon had it for £3 which I'm not prepared to pay when I pay a subscription!
That's the problem, I don't have Prime but I researched what I could watch on Prime and there is lots of material you have to pay for even with a sub so no way in hell will I even bother with Prime.

At the moment I'm happy with my currents subs, Disney and NowTV.

Prime tricks you because it also shows you all the stuff you can buy mixed in to all the Prime included stuff really annoying.

Reactions: 3