Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even on holiday, its like a chore for them to go out and fill the hours with activities.

Reactions: 5
I feel so sorry for the kids. They don't do any acitvites on the caravan site. No swimming, no park trips, no arcades and no night time entertainment. What kids want to be dragged round a model village, a car boot and shops!! How is that fun for them, when there is so much to do on the site !

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I feel so sorry for the kids. They don't do any acitvites on the caravan site. No swimming, no park trips, no arcades and no night time entertainment. What kids want to be dragged round a model village, a car boot and shops!! How is that fun for them, when there is so much to do on the site !
It is the same whichever Caravan Park they go to

Reactions: 4
I feel so sorry for these kids!! This isn’t what kids should be doing on holiday

Reactions: 4
Does anyone have any Thread name suggestions? It's nearly time for a new thread!
Not much happening today, YouTube doesn’t pay, are you nervous yet? Let’s get another helpless pet.

Same. He said that he went to the model village because they want to do stuff even he wants to do. What stuff have they actually done for the kids? I don’t understand why they don’t go for a day on the beach with a picnic and that, build sandcastles. All the activities like kids club and the pool are free and included and the entertainment but they don’t use it. It’s really strange 🤔

Reactions: 7
Lacey was so scared on that ride. I can’t help but think if Steve had reassured her and not asked everyone how nervous they were she would have enjoyed it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I don't understand why they stay at a holiday park when they don't use the facilities and entertainment that they are paying for. They would be better off staying in a bed and breakfast.

I know everyone does things differently on holiday but.... Everything they have done so far looks so boring, they don't even look like they are enjoying it themselves! All they seem to be doing is walking around and eating.

The only thing they seem to have done specifically for the children is the soft play and I bet there was one of them on the actual campsite!

Reactions: 8
I don't understand why they stay at a holiday park when they don't use the facilities and entertainment that they are paying for. They would be better off staying in a bed and breakfast.

I know everyone does things differently on holiday but.... Everything they have done so far looks so boring, they don't even look like they are enjoying it themselves! All they seem to be doing is walking around and eating.

The only thing they seem to have done specifically for the children is the soft play and I bet there was one of them on the actual campsite!
I did wonder this but then it depends when they booked it as it might have been the only place available. I actually found their venturing to different areas nearby to be quite refreshing. I live in nearby York and there is so much to see in the areas they are going to. Yes the car boot and model village probably wasn’t what the kids want to do but they have done a few child friendly activities too like the theme park and animal farm. There really isn’t much going on in Filey where they are staying apart from the usual on-site activities, but then butlins/blue dolphin type holidays aren’t my cup of tea so probably why I’m enjoying them getting out and about, plus it’s places I go to! They’ve been to Robin hoods bay today which is a lovely little place.

Reactions: 3
I have no idea why they go to these paid attractions everyday, so much to do for free or why they go out every day on holiday but never when they are at home

Reactions: 2
I’m surprised they let Sophie get her nose pierced! I have nothing against piercings but I’m surprised they let her.

Reactions: 1
I think Sophie's nose piercing looks really nice!

I am shocked that they thought £20 was expensive for a nose piercing though. Most tattoo shops would charge much more than that.

How do they know Chloe wouldn't like the entertainment? She is only 5 years old and the last time she went on holiday she would have only been about 3. Out of all of the children she would probably love it! She is a very sociable little girl from what we can see and was up and dancing in the soft play area with Liam.

We don't really see much of Rachel but if Steve wasn't so miserable and negative maybe his children would be a bit more out going and willing to try new things.

I know things are difficult at the moment in regards to the virus and they did say that they tried to book the kids into a slime art class but there are so many things to do at the kind of holiday park they are staying at.

I don't believe that all of the kids wouldn't want to do fun things like swimming, crazy golf, rock climbing ect... Maybe Lacey would be hesitant to do those things but Liam and Chloe would probably be up for it and possibly even Sophie.

The problem is Steve doesn't want to do it so wont encourage his children to.

Reactions: 9
Steve really needs to change the way he speaks to Lacey. It’s constant “are you nervous” ”are you ok” “you don’t like this, Lacey, do you”. There’s never any reassurance or praise. I feel he’s almost trying to get her to be anxious. It’s probably why all the kids are always so negative and never want to do anything.

I don’t understand why they stay in a holiday park but don’t use the facilities, would they not save money just booking some sort of self catering accommodation somewhere? I bet the kids would like some of the entertainment etc, I’m certain they would like swimming. Even if Lacey isn’t comfortable, they’ve got 3 other kids they need to accommodate to as well. One parent could do something with Lacey whilst the other takes the other 3. Also, Lacey does seem to join in sometimes, if they would just encourage her more rather than focus on being nervous, it might help.

Although they have gone out on some good trips for the kids, it’s crazy how much time is still spent in shops! Especially ones like the works that they could go to any time!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is reassuring an autistic child (which I know from experience can be hard, but we have done Disneyland with reassurance and support by the end of the trip my son had got on most of the rides) and then there is putting your own anxiety on to the child which is what Steve is doing. If he is going to be Lacey's carer and teacher he need to do alot more research and information courses. Here in Ireland I had to attend alot courses etc when my son was diagnosed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Steve really needs to change the way he speaks to Lacey. It’s constant “are you nervous” ”are you ok” “you don’t like this, Lacey, do you”. There’s never any reassurance or praise. I feel he’s almost trying to get her to be anxious. It’s probably why all the kids are always so negative and never want to do anything.

I don’t understand why they stay in a holiday park but don’t use the facilities, would they not save money just booking some sort of self catering accommodation somewhere? I bet the kids would like some of the entertainment etc, I’m certain they would like swimming. Even if Lacey isn’t comfortable, they’ve got 3 other kids they need to accommodate to as well. One parent could do something with Lacey whilst the other takes the other 3. Also, Lacey does seem to join in sometimes, if they would just encourage her more rather than focus on being nervous, it might help.

Although they have gone out on some good trips for the kids, it’s crazy how much time is still spent in shops! Especially ones like the works that they could go to any time!!
I agree with you it's constant! Instead of focusing on the negatives they need to focus on the positives.

She didn't like showers - but she probably used them.
She wanted to sit next to Liam - but she sat next to another child.
She was scared of being up high on the ride - but she still went on it.
She was nervous of feeding some of the animals - but she still fed them.

As nervous as she was, she proved to herself that she can play and interact alongside other children. She went running off straight away in the soft play and she went on a lot of the rides as well. She should be proud of herself!

After seeing the children having fun I don't understand why they don't do things as a family and go out because there children clearly enjoy it!

Reactions: 5
I think Sophie's nose piercing looks really nice!

I am shocked that they thought £20 was expensive for a nose piercing though. Most tattoo shops would charge much more than that.
Hope she looks after it 😂 I got mine done a few months ago and clean it every day yet its still such a pain with the bumps that form:rolleyes:

Hope she looks after it 😂 I got mine done a few months ago and clean it every day yet its still such a pain with the bumps that form:rolleyes:
I hope she does to!

Do you have to keep them in for a certain amount of time? Surely she will have to take it out for school!

I hope she does to!

Do you have to keep them in for a certain amount of time? Surely she will have to take it out for school!
I think you have to keep it in for a good 6 months before changing it... it'll close up straight away if she has to take it out in a few weeks. Nose piercings and anything other than one lobe stud were against the rules when I was at school but I think they were a little more relaxed with piercings in sixth form. Saying that, we weren't allowed to wear our hair down until sixth form either whereas Soph's school looks more relaxed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.