Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can see a difference in Lacey as well, she seems so much more relaxed and happier not being in main stream school.

I just hope that Steve understands just how much work and effort he is going to have to put in with regards to her home schooling. Yes, Lacey maybe a SEN child but she would have been going into Year 7 in september. She would have been doing a lot more work in year 7 compared to year 6 even with all of her support.

It's not just English, Maths, Science and Topic at secondary school. It's muliple subjects every single day, including P.E. The planning, research, meetings and resources that go into teaching SEN children is a lot.

I agree, I think Sophie does have a pretty bad attitude. In a way I can see why, she literally tells Steve that she doesn't want to be filmed on multiple occassions and he films her anyway; that would make me angry and I would probably have one as well. However the way that she speaks to her parents is unexeptable. I have always wondered why they don't disapline that kind of behaviour. There have been so many times where Steve has mentioned how rude she has been to them, then in the next clip he is talking about how she is going out with her freinds or having a sleep over. If I was that rude to my parents, no way would I then be rewarded and aloud a sleep over or to play out.

I feel for Chloe a lot of the time. He is always moaning about how she doesn't sleep at night, yet his idea of putting her to bed is to take her to her room which is so cluttered with toys (How can she even get in her bed with all those teddies?) allow to to watch her T.V with a hot chocolate and give her a kiss. Do they then go up and get her to brush her teeth after falling asleep? Have they ever mentioned reading her a story before bed? No wonder why she doesn't sleep, they have never tought her how to settle herself; they rely on a T.V.

The constant moaning about Chloes hair aswell, always saying how messy it is. It looks like she may have naturally wavy hair, if that is the case no wonder why it looks like that when they brush it out. You cant look after wavy hair like straight hair. If they were to put a bit of effort into her hair by using the right products and styling, detangling techniques, her hair would look beautiful. I was horrified when he said that he has straightened her hair last week. How can you straighted a 5 year olds hair, her hair is so fragile and delicate.

Reactions: 9
I can see a difference in Lacey as well, she seems so much more relaxed and happier not being in main stream school.

I just hope that Steve understands just how much work and effort he is going to have to put in with regards to her home schooling. Yes, Lacey maybe a SEN child but she would have been going into Year 7 in september. She would have been doing a lot more work in year 7 compared to year 6 even with all of her support.

It's not just English, Maths, Science and Topic at secondary school. It's muliple subjects every single day, including P.E. The planning, research, meetings and resources that go into teaching SEN children is a lot.

I agree, I think Sophie does have a pretty bad attitude. In a way I can see why, she literally tells Steve that she doesn't want to be filmed on multiple occassions and he films her anyway; that would make me angry and I would probably have one as well. However the way that she speaks to her parents is unexeptable. I have always wondered why they don't disapline that kind of behaviour. There have been so many times where Steve has mentioned how rude she has been to them, then in the next clip he is talking about how she is going out with her freinds or having a sleep over. If I was that rude to my parents, no way would I then be rewarded and aloud a sleep over or to play out.

I feel for Chloe a lot of the time. He is always moaning about how she doesn't sleep at night, yet his idea of putting her to bed is to take her to her room which is so cluttered with toys (How can she even get in her bed with all those teddies?) allow to to watch her T.V with a hot chocolate and give her a kiss. Do they then go up and get her to brush her teeth after falling asleep? Have they ever mentioned reading her a story before bed? No wonder why she doesn't sleep, they have never tought her how to settle herself; they rely on a T.V.

The constant moaning about Chloes hair aswell, always saying how messy it is. It looks like she may have naturally wavy hair, if that is the case no wonder why it looks like that when they brush it out. You cant look after wavy hair like straight hair. If they were to put a bit of effort into her hair by using the right products and styling, detangling techniques, her hair would look beautiful. I was horrified when he said that he has straightened her hair last week. How can you straighted a 5 year olds hair, her hair is so fragile and delicate.
That’s exactly what I think, why do they brush it out? They should look into the curly girl method. I bet her hair is lovely naturally.
It’s really sad about the dogs and how much weight Milo has put on. They don’t do any kind of activity as a family so no wonder they don’t even walk the dogs. It’s just pure laziness.
I don’t want to get in any trouble but we think it’s deffo suspicious where they get all their cash from 🤷‍♀️ She is always posting loads of parcels. Just hope they declare it all to the tax man / benefits.

Reactions: 3
That’s exactly what I think, why do they brush it out? They should look into the curly girl method. I bet her hair is lovely naturally.
It’s really sad about the dogs and how much weight Milo has put on. They don’t do any kind of activity as a family so no wonder they don’t even walk the dogs. It’s just pure laziness.
I don’t want to get in any trouble but we think it’s deffo suspicious where they get all their cash from 🤷‍♀️ She is always posting loads of parcels. Just hope they declare it all to the tax man / benefits.
Being a curly girl myself with 3a curls down to my tail bone (Pulled straight my hair is to my hips) I can clearly see that she has wavy hair. Im so glad I am not the only one to notice her hair, the more they brush it out the worse it will be to manage.

Do people have suspicians about their money? That's not good!

I agree with you about the excercise thing! They have 4 children and two dogs how can they just stay in the house all day. They never go for walks, go to the woods, go to the park, go for picnics. There all addicted to gadgets!

Reactions: 4
Sophie and Lacey always seem to be wearing jackets constantly so weird. They’ve been straightening chloes hair everyday for years it’s wild!! Rachael always seems to be selling stuff wonder what she sells and post office daily. He always says to the kids what you doing today would be nice if they went for a walk spend time outside the house. Does the nanny and granda take their dog out for a walk?

Sophie and Lacey always seem to be wearing jackets constantly so weird. They’ve been straightening chloes hair everyday for years it’s wild!! Rachael always seems to be selling stuff wonder what she sells and post office daily. He always says to the kids what you doing today would be nice if they went for a walk spend time outside the house. Does the nanny and granda take their dog out for a walk?
I find the jacket thing really odd to. Why would you want to wear one in the house? The first thing I do when I get in is take mine off. I have seen them wear shoes in the house as well though, which I also find strange too.

I would love to de-clutter Lacey and Chloe's room, the amount of toys in there is crazy.

Wonder if Sophie still with tiny
They havent mentioned him for a while.

Reactions: 2
I also think Rachel got a promotion recently, hence the increase in hours. I get impression shes a supervisor? But I do agree about Chloe, like I can't talk as I am glued to my phone and computer but I got my first gadget when I was about 9/10 so had the exposure to books etc and always make time to read/have screen breaks. Chloe had a tablet quite young, it's hard not to become addicted to gadgets but taking them out for walks will help them have that time away and ability to have deep/insightful conversations more as a family.

I also think Rachel got a promotion recently, hence the increase in hours. I get impression shes a supervisor? But I do agree about Chloe, like I can't talk as I am glued to my phone and computer but I got my first gadget when I was about 9/10 so had the exposure to books etc and always make time to read/have screen breaks. Chloe had a tablet quite young, it's hard not to become addicted to gadgets but taking them out for walks will help them have that time away and ability to have deep/insightful conversations more as a family.
I think your right about rachel, I think they mentioned it in a vlog.
She had a tablet really young, I think a lot of children do to be honest. Putting her to bed infont of a T.V though, that really cant be good for her. The tablet on the school run I think is way over the top aswell. Seeing those kids playing on playstations and tablets first thing in the morning instead of sitting down and having breakfast is so really odd.

I actually don't think their money situation is that suspicious, with Lacey being on DLA, they'll get the tax credits premium for her, plus the tax credits for the other kids plus Lacey's DLA although she isn't on the highest rate for mobility as Steve replied to a comment a while ago saying they couldn't get a motability car as she didn't get that rate. Then their other benefits like child benefit and carers allowance for Steve (and a possibility Steve is claiming PIP himself?). Then they've got Rache's wages. For Christmas they do the savings scheme where they save all year and get vouchers at the end. They had to cancel their holiday last year and they said the extra money went on the kids's Christmas. Val and Bill clearly help with big out of the blue things like a car or something but I don't think they're giving them extra income regularly.

I don't agree with him filming Soph, she keeps covering her face and hiding away so I don't know why he's filming her, when Jasmine didn't want to be filmed, he didn't show her at all, but doesn't do the same for Soph.

I was honestly shocked at the fact the kids are allowed to swear at their ages! I think it sounds awful. Soph really needs some discipline as well, it seems when she's got an attitude it "puts Steve in a mood" or he'll go to bed early or something rather than deal with it. Rache went to bed early the other night after something one of the girls had said apparently so makes you wonder what the consequences are if they're walking away and not dealing with it.

Steve was on about teaching Lacey life skills as part of home education, but I find that hard to believe when they barely teach that to their neuro-typical 14 year old! Steve said a few vlogs ago how Soph came home with muddy football shoes from PE so he had to clean them, surely she could do that herself?! The same with the hamsters, Steve's already the one cleaning the cages (and the snail) - I don't think Soph or Lacey have done it once. Then the thing with ironing Soph's school shirts but she didn't put one away properly so he'd have to do it again. It's mind blowing.

I think home educating Lacey is the right decision. Her mental health is more important than her grades. She couldn't really learn much at school anyway it seems due to how upset and anxious she was. I hope they still give her some sort of reasonable education though as from what we've seen and know about her, she is capable, especially as her anxiety goes down with not being at school.

Reactions: 5
I actually don't think their money situation is that suspicious, with Lacey being on DLA, they'll get the tax credits premium for her, plus the tax credits for the other kids plus Lacey's DLA although she isn't on the highest rate for mobility as Steve replied to a comment a while ago saying they couldn't get a motability car as she didn't get that rate. Then their other benefits like child benefit and carers allowance for Steve (and a possibility Steve is claiming PIP himself?). Then they've got Rache's wages. For Christmas they do the savings scheme where they save all year and get vouchers at the end. They had to cancel their holiday last year and they said the extra money went on the kids's Christmas. Val and Bill clearly help with big out of the blue things like a car or something but I don't think they're giving them extra income regularly.

I don't agree with him filming Soph, she keeps covering her face and hiding away so I don't know why he's filming her, when Jasmine didn't want to be filmed, he didn't show her at all, but doesn't do the same for Soph.

I was honestly shocked at the fact the kids are allowed to swear at their ages! I think it sounds awful. Soph really needs some discipline as well, it seems when she's got an attitude it "puts Steve in a mood" or he'll go to bed early or something rather than deal with it. Rache went to bed early the other night after something one of the girls had said apparently so makes you wonder what the consequences are if they're walking away and not dealing with it.

Steve was on about teaching Lacey life skills as part of home education, but I find that hard to believe when they barely teach that to their neuro-typical 14 year old! Steve said a few vlogs ago how Soph came home with muddy football shoes from PE so he had to clean them, surely she could do that herself?! The same with the hamsters, Steve's already the one cleaning the cages (and the snail) - I don't think Soph or Lacey have done it once. Then the thing with ironing Soph's school shirts but she didn't put one away properly so he'd have to do it again. It's mind blowing.

I think home educating Lacey is the right decision. Her mental health is more important than her grades. She couldn't really learn much at school anyway it seems due to how upset and anxious she was. I hope they still give her some sort of reasonable education though as from what we've seen and know about her, she is capable, especially as her anxiety goes down with not being at school.
Yeah you're right about the tax credits, I never thought of that. I would say a lot of people who have never claimed it or any benefits or have done years ago might not be aware of how much that could entail.

I totally agree about Lacey, she seems like a lovely girl and was having a horrible time at mainstream school. I think she will flourish being at home.

Reactions: 1
They’ve kind of left the kids to bring themselves up in regards to things like hair! They’ve always spent weekends with bed head hair from a you g age. I remember the pj days they used to have where Lacey was walking about with the back of her hair matted all day. Obviously not laceys fault, they seem to think the kids were old enough to do all that themselves but they wernt really. They wanted the quiet life so shoved the devices in front of them, especially Chloe at about 2 years old!

Reactions: 6

I 100% agree with home schooling Lacey and I understand that they haven't got it all properly set up yet; but the level of home schooling we have already seen isn't really that good (although I understand that we only see a small section of there lives through vloging).

All we have seen so far is Lacey doing a few pages of her work book and going to endless supermarkets in the middle of a global pandemic. She doesn't even wear a facemask. I know she doesn't have to wear one because of her age and Autism. That doesn't mean she cant catch it though and become seriously ill or spread it to the members of her house, how would Steve and Rachel feel if she cought it, knowing they were the ones allowing her to go out without wearing one?

What was she cooking lesson all about. Steve said her lesson of the day was a cooking one with rachel, when he went in the kitchen all she as doing was writing things down. That really isn't enough, did she actually get involved and measure things, chop things? I hope she did some other form of work that day.

I just hope that if Steve or Lacey is having one of theire 'Off days' which seems to happen a lot he wont decide to take a day off and not do any work with her. She will be under the LEA now as a home schooled child. They will be monitered and may even visit and want to see the level of work she is doing and what support is in place to help her.

I 100% agree with home schooling Lacey and I understand that they haven't got it all properly set up yet; but the level of home schooling we have already seen isn't really that good (although I understand that we only see a small section of there lives through vloging).

All we have seen so far is Lacey doing a few pages of her work book and going to endless supermarkets in the middle of a global pandemic. She doesn't even wear a facemask. I know she doesn't have to wear one because of her age and Autism. That doesn't mean she cant catch it though and become seriously ill or spread it to the members of her house, how would Steve and Rachel feel if she cought it, knowing they were the ones allowing her to go out without wearing one?

What was she cooking lesson all about. Steve said her lesson of the day was a cooking one with rachel, when he went in the kitchen all she as doing was writing things down. That really isn't enough, did she actually get involved and measure things, chop things? I hope she did some other form of work that day.

I just hope that if Steve or Lacey is having one of theire 'Off days' which seems to happen a lot he wont decide to take a day off and not do any work with her. She will be under the LEA now as a home schooled child. They will be monitered and may even visit and want to see the level of work she is doing and what support is in place to help her.
She’s not learning anything it’s worrying

I’m sure they had a couple of appointments to go and see a SEN school for Lacey to start in September but they were cancelled because of covid, then I think he just didn’t bother.

Reactions: 2
What is it with this family and fat shaming poor Liam.

Rachel literally called him 'Wide' and the girls were in the background calling him fat and laughing.

I understand that they may have concerns regarding his weight but filming little clips like that really aren't okay, there should be a private discussion about how to help him.

At the end of the day he is a child, he can only eat the food they buy. Maybe if they stopped buying so much junk food and actually took him out there would not be so much of a problem. There the ones that buy the food and all of the gadgets.

I bet if any of the girls were in Liams situations they wouldn't film them and treat them like that.

What is it with this family and fat shaming poor Liam.

Rachel literally called him 'Wide' and the girls were in the background calling him fat and laughing.

I understand that they may have concerns regarding his weight but filming little clips like that really aren't okay, there should be a private discussion about how to help him.

At the end of the day he is a child, he can only eat the food they buy. Maybe if they stopped buying so much junk food and actually took him out there would not be so much of a problem. There the ones that buy the food and all of the gadgets.

I bet if any of the girls were in Liams situations they wouldn't film them and treat them like that.
You’re right it’s out of order! I’ve noticed that Sophie isn’t eating much either so think they need to be careful with all this talk of weight. How rude that they make fun of his weight yet provide literally no opportunity for him to get some exercise 🤦‍♀️ they go literally nowhere except shops. Every single day, shops. But bet you never see Steve going on his own, nope. Has to drag everyone with him. Like if a kid has an appointment at doctors why do they all go and sit in the car for an hour. Weird. They are extremely odd as a family and obviously putting their anxieties especially social issues into their kids which is sad. You’d hope that now poor Holly has passed away they would think about how they need to help Milo with his health. So lazy

Reactions: 5
You’re right it’s out of order! I’ve noticed that Sophie isn’t eating much either so think they need to be careful with all this talk of weight. How rude that they make fun of his weight yet provide literally no opportunity for him to get some exercise 🤦‍♀️ they go literally nowhere except shops. Every single day, shops. But bet you never see Steve going on his own, nope. Has to drag everyone with him. Like if a kid has an appointment at doctors why do they all go and sit in the car for an hour. Weird. They are extremely odd as a family and obviously putting their anxieties especially social issues into their kids which is sad. You’d hope that now poor Holly has passed away they would think about how they need to help Milo with his health. So lazy
I 100% agree with you! As someone who has struggled with there weight there entire life going from one extreme to the other, I know how these things can start, sometimes it just takes one little comment for things to spiral out of control.

I 100% agree with you! As someone who has struggled with there weight for there entire life going from one extreme to the other I know how these things can start. Sometimes it just takes one littlecomment for things to spiral out of control.

Poor Liam, his mum says he's wide, his sisters call him fat and his dad films it and put it on the internet. Completely unacceptable. It's their responsibility to provide him food and exercise. Not supply him with large bars of chocolate and fizzy drinks and even a mini fridge to keep cans of fizzy drink in his room! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having chocolate, but the kids seems to be given large bars of chocolate or full tubes of Pringles fairly often and unlimited cans of coke but they're getting no exercise.

I don't know why they need to go to supermarkets every day either, especially 2 adults and 1 child. One should be staying home with Lacey, even more so now she's home schooled. Of course she's allowed to go out, but take her for a walk or to a park not supermakets and B&M. I know their excuse will be Steve drives but Rache wants/needs to go into the shop, but Steve is able to go to the shops, he seems to go fairly regularly in the evening to pick up forgotten stuff. As someone said, Lacey doesn't wear a mask and even though she doesn't have to, they should be limiting how often she's in shops since there is 2 adults at home a lot of the time to make this possible. My 16 year old is severely autistic and won't wear a mask, so he's barely been out of the house during all this, he's been out for a drive in the car but that's it. The only time I can go to the shops is when his other carer is here as I'm a single parent, so I'm sure a 2 parent family can make arrangements (probably irrelevant now due to restrictions lifting now but they've not really followed lockdown much I'd say).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.