Steve's family vlogs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awful. Hope none of the kids saw it happen. Poor old Steve and Rachel too, having to cope with the kids' distress over that.

Reactions: 1
I started the old thread on them but yes it got deleted for some reason. As for the hamster... I did wonder if it was dog related although in the latest vlog they’re getting a new cage so not sure if its something with the cage or a mixture of the cage and dog!

I started the old thread on them but yes it got deleted for some reason. As for the hamster... I did wonder if it was dog related although in the latest vlog they’re getting a new cage so not sure if its something with the cage or a mixture of the cage and dog!
Someone reported the old thread because Steve doesn’t have enough subscribers. I seen someone left a comment asking if it was the dog and he liked the comment. I think the dog pulled down the cage

I loved UKFamilyVlog (Sophie, Darci, Isla etc) - a lovely little 'ordinary' family not the flashy type - but they have taken all their vlogs down since January. :( I'm going to miss them - so I'll try some of the suggestions here - thank you!

Has to be. What a shame
I d think one of the dogs got to it because I saw Rach holding Scruff back when one of the girls had a hamster on her. I think they need to be more careful just walking around with them crawling all over them. But could have been the cage seeing as they bought a new one.

I think it’s really sad that they don’t seem to encourage any friendships at all. Apart from Sophie school friends. I’ve never seen the younger 3 mention friends or go to houses before Covid. But then again Steve and rach dont seem to have one friend either. I think sometime Steve put his own social anxiety onto the kids. It’s also really sad that he’s let his relationship with his oldest daughter slide too. My biggest issue with them is that they never go anywhere apart from shops, even before Covid. I’m not talking about expensive places I’m talking about normal things we all do with our kids. Explore places, museums, teach them about life and the world etc. They never just go for walks (poor dogs)or a picnic or anywhere at weekends. No wonder the kids are really nervous socially.

Reactions: 7
I agree Steve puts his social anxiety and also his negativity on the children.

I don't like how Steve comments on Liam's weight sometimes and Steve's mother also has done it in the past. Putting his child down in his own home instead of encouraging exercise

Reactions: 3
I agree about Steve putting his own anxieties onto the kids. I remember the vlog a couple of years ago when Soph was first starting secondary school, he mentioned soooooo many times how nervous he was in front of Soph and he also kept asking her if she was nervous and he even titled the vlog "nervous"! How can he not see that's making the situation worse! Even though he was nervous, he should have remained positive to Sophie about it.

And yeah, commenting on Liam's weight isn't very nice at all. But they're doing nothing to help the situation by letting him sit at his playstation all day rather than getting out for walks or something, they've got 2 dogs so they should be out walking. It's also fairly normal at that age for boys to pack on some weight before having a growth spurt.

they never seem to go outside. They have dogs should be going on walks. Kids always inside, I know we can’t right now but before you would never hear about Sophie meeting friends to go shopping. Home schooling Lacey might be a bad idea she will go no friends

Reactions: 2
Their excuse for not walking Scruff was that he’s a nightmare when around other people and dogs, but no wonder if he’s never had chance to get used to it. Then when they got Milo they didn’t take him out either. The dogs are clearly loved, but it’s a shame (and laziness) to not take them on proper walks.

I did wonder a while ago if he found their old thread on here because he had a few moody days moaning about trolls and it also seemed to spark a week or so of walking the dogs. But that seemed short lived.

Reactions: 2
Their excuse for not walking Scruff was that he’s a nightmare when around other people and dogs, but no wonder if he’s never had chance to get used to it. Then when they got Milo they didn’t take him out either. The dogs are clearly loved, but it’s a shame (and laziness) to not take them on proper walks.

I did wonder a while ago if he found their old thread on here because he had a few moody days moaning about trolls and it also seemed to spark a week or so of walking the dogs. But that seemed short lived.
The old thread had a lot of talk about Lacey as well which is unfair really. Milo is huge and needs the exercise. That’s the thing you see, they get dogs and don’t walk them and say they get nervous outside the house but where’s the training? Scruff is always growling when people get too close to him and he’s trapped on the sofa, that’s a matter of time really before he could lash out! Good few daily walks could help them all really.

The old thread had a lot of talk about Lacey as well which is unfair really. Milo is huge and needs the exercise. That’s the thing you see, they get dogs and don’t walk them and say they get nervous outside the house but where’s the training? Scruff is always growling when people get too close to him and he’s trapped on the sofa, that’s a matter of time really before he could lash out! Good few daily walks could help them all really.
yes I totally agree. It’s the same with the dogs - he doesn’t want to go out because he’s anxious or whatever and that’s had a knock on effect in the dogs and the kids. But it’s not just his responsibility - Rach and the kids could take them. Milo could really do with being walked every day.
That’s awful that there was a lot of discussion about Lacey. She’s such a lovely girl, in fact let’s face it all the kids seem like nice kids, they obviously have very loving parents who care about them a great deal. It’s just that they seem to live for getting to the weekend, locking the doors and shutting the world out. I know it’s tempting but it’s part of our job as parents to teach our kids about the world, meeting people, different experiences etc. Otherwise they will really struggle when they are older. You can see it in how the kids don’t have friends.
He doesn’t make hardly anything from YouTube based on his views, and Rach only does a few hours a day so I’d like to know their secret 🤔

I have been watching this family for a few years now and they do seem like a nice down to earth family.

However I cannot get over the fact that they do not walk those poor dogs. They never walked scuff, yet they went out and brought another dog with no intention of walking that one either. Saying they cannot walk scruff beacuse of his behaviour is literally just an excuse. Our family dog is a rescue dog who is difficult to walk as he isnt good with other dogs or people, yet he is still walked every single day of the year.

I also dont agree with the remarks towards Liams weight. I found the video they uploaded 'Lockdown weight' really hard to watch. When steves made him try on his school trousers, then decided to turn the camera on and ask him to stand up to see how bad it was. Why would you film that? You could tell how uncomfortable Liam felt during that part of the video. He never would have done that to the girls, however it is fine to do it to Liam.

Reactions: 7
I have been watching this family for a few years now and they do seem like a nice down to earth family.

However I cannot get over the fact that they do not walk those poor dogs. They never walked scuff, yet they went out and brought another dog with no intention of walking that one either. Saying they cannot walk scruff beacuse of his behaviour is literally just an excuse. Our family dog is a rescue dog who is difficult to walk as he isnt good with other dogs or people, yet he is still walked every single day of the year.

I also dont agree with the remarks towards Liams weight. I found the video they uploaded 'Lockdown weight' really hard to watch. When steves made him try on his school trousers, then decided to turn the camera on and ask him to stand up to see how bad it was. Why would you film that? You could tell how uncomfortable Liam felt during that part of the video. He never would have done that to the girls, however it is fine to do it to Liam.
Agree I feel for Liam!! Sweet boy

Reactions: 4
Poor Holly. I really feel for them having lost Holly, there is nothing worse than having to say good bye to a beloved pet. I have had to do so with our own pets and it is heartbreaking.

I really hope that this has made them appreciate how lucky they are to have their dogs and how precious our time with them is. They have missed out on so many adventures and experiences through not walking poor Scruff and Milo.

Steve is a stay at home parent who is now home schooling Lacey, there is no reason why they cant walk the dogs together during the day. It would be great for the dogs but it would also be great for Steve and Lacey to spend that time together.

I know they love their dogs, I just hope they realise what their missing out on, because they will never get that time back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’ve been watching them on and off for a while now. I was flicking through IG ages ago and Sophie and Lacey were on live. My word the swearing that came from both of them. Lacey saying f this, f that in every sentence. I think Sophie’s attitude is disgusting and should be addressed, I know she’s 13 and we’ve all been there but I was never that bad. Also why isn’t Lacey in school atm? Have I missed something? So sad about holly. Milo is severely overweight it’s actually abuse to let a dog get so over their weight (I work with rescues). Liam is such a lovely lad! Glad Chloe is getting on well with school. I can imagine they get a fair bit from. DLA for Lacey. My son is autistic and I get nearly £600 carers & DLA per month. Angers me how they can afford all these gadgets. I work part time and my husband works full time. We’re left with hardly anything mainly child benefit after we pay all our bills.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been watching them on and off for a while now. I was flicking through IG ages ago and Sophie and Lacey were on live. My word the swearing that came from both of them. Lacey saying f this, f that in every sentence. I think Sophie’s attitude is disgusting and should be addressed, I know she’s 13 and we’ve all been there but I was never that bad. Also why isn’t Lacey in school atm? Have I missed something? So sad about holly. Milo is severely overweight it’s actually abuse to let a dog get so over their weight (I work with rescues). Liam is such a lovely lad! Glad Chloe is getting on well with school. I can imagine they get a fair bit from. DLA for Lacey. My son is autistic and I get nearly £600 carers & DLA per month. Angers me how they can afford all these gadgets. I work part time and my husband works full time. We’re left with hardly anything mainly child benefit after we pay all our bills.
Lacey is being homeschooled now due to her not coping well at mainstream school, Steve said she could never focus or feel comfortable there as her anxiety (related to her autism) was sky high even with SEN support. I have always felt for her as it always seemed like she looked scared every time they went on the school run and you could see a noticeable change in her mood when they came home from school (much happier).

As for their income it remains a mystery to me too, from my personal experience with my parents and knowing other families through my parents friends, the amount you can claim even with 4 children and 1 child qualifying for DLA wouldn't cover the gadgets etc they have. I can see how they are able to pay for their basic needs like food, heating etc as well as the occasional shopping treats but the gadgets at Christmas mystified me. I just assume now it's due to Steve's parents helping them out, tbh I was like Sophie at her age but I had the beginning of underlying mental health issues that made me very snappy and I would go from being quite happy to extremely down within minutes. Unfortunately this was ignored as it is normal for teenagers to be that way even neurotypical teens.

I'm assuming Sophie will grow out of it eventually, tbh lately she seems to be pretty neutral, but that could be just me.

Just want to mention that Rach's job is full time, she breaks up her hours some in the morning and then in the afternoon. She is doing at least 7 hours. Steve is probably on disability too as well as Lacey
As for Lacey you can definitely see the difference in her since they started homeschooling she is alot more relaxed. I feel like they weren't getting much support regarding Lacey at that school.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.